collapse

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1130066 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10775 on: August 06, 2021, 09:56:31 AM »
Oh hell no.  I would have done it at 12:01 AM had I been awake.

Haha, to each their own I suppose.  I can respect that.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10776 on: August 06, 2021, 09:57:52 AM »
This dude has been sealioning from the jump, has only ever been sealioning, and has never posted anything other than sealioning. Joke's on me I guess for even bothering this much to engage.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10777 on: August 06, 2021, 09:59:09 AM »
Troll is getting what he wants. Stop feeding him.

You keep saying that and when I ask what I’m trolling about you refuse to answer.

Fluffy asked if I wanted to do a comparison.  I said sure but now we are having a hard time figuring out what would be a fair comparison.  Using data or personal policy preference?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10778 on: August 06, 2021, 10:01:12 AM »
You keep saying that and when I ask what I’m trolling about you refuse to answer.

Fluffy asked if I wanted to do a comparison.  I said sure but now we are having a hard time figuring out what would be a fair comparison.  Using data or personal policy preference?

Hey look, more sealioning!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10779 on: August 06, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
This dude has been sealioning from the jump, has only ever been sealioning, and has never posted anything other than sealioning. Joke's on me I guess for even bothering this much to engage.

If you think I’m sealioning by not going along  with the group think tendencies of this board that’s fine.  I’ve agreed at times with folks on here I’d never thought I’d align with on something, I’ve admitted I’ve been wrong other times, I criticized Republican officials when i felt they were out of bounce, and aside from a few occasions have tried to keep my interactions respectful. 

If that’s sealioning, then a 🦭 I am.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10780 on: August 06, 2021, 10:09:02 AM »
Love that solution!!  Why aren’t we doing that?

Extremely simple. Politics. The moment it is done, the entire GOP and Trumper body will be screaming about how the administration is pandering to illegal immigrants and giving away free vaccines to illegal immigrants, thereby supporting their entry into the US.

But you know this.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10781 on: August 06, 2021, 10:15:08 AM »
Extremely simple. Politics. The moment it is done, the entire GOP and Trumper body will be screaming about how the administration is pandering to illegal immigrants and giving away free vaccines to illegal immigrants, thereby supporting their entry into the US.

But you know this.

When has partisan backlash ever stopped either party from doing anything.  Not suggesting it wouldn’t be tough or controversial but IMO not a legitimate excuse for no action.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10782 on: August 06, 2021, 10:22:11 AM »

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #10783 on: August 06, 2021, 11:37:04 AM »
Catholic Charities in Texas has been helping vaccinate migrants. And some Fox commentators claimed not to know they have been helping migrants for decades, and are only doing it for the money….
People from Central and South America are flying into Florida all the time to get the vaccine. Asians are flying into the West Coast. We’re apparently okay with giving it to  rich people, but politically, openly doing it for the poor would be problematic….

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10784 on: August 06, 2021, 12:48:09 PM »
Catholic Charities in Texas has been helping vaccinate migrants. And some Fox commentators claimed not to know they have been helping migrants for decades, and are only doing it for the money….
People from Central and South America are flying into Florida all the time to get the vaccine. Asians are flying into the West Coast. We’re apparently okay with giving it to  rich people, but politically, openly doing it for the poor would be problematic….

There is no cost prohibitive issue for poor Americans and getting vaccinated, there are myriad ways to do so.

There is a big difference between vaccinating illegal immigrants and vaccinating poor citizens.  Don't conflate those issues.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10785 on: August 06, 2021, 12:58:49 PM »
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/supply-chain/florida-hospitals-struggling-to-get-oxygen.html

"Florida hospitals are struggling to get enough oxygen to treat their COVID-19 patients as virus cases surge because of the delta variant, Bloomberg reported Aug. 4.

Restrictions on how long truck drivers can be on the road went back into effect when the state's public health emergency rules were lifted, and there is a shortage of qualified drivers to transport oxygen to hospitals, according to Bloomberg."

I mean...DeSantis could reinstitute the public emergency right?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10786 on: August 06, 2021, 05:18:28 PM »
In this country we prioritize our opinions being validated (getting the win!) over reality.

In other words, too many stupid people overestimate their intelligence and the value of their opinion.  And social media has cranked this up to 11.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #10787 on: August 06, 2021, 05:34:03 PM »
Okay I wasn’t clear. No one is complaining about rich people from South and Central America and Asia  flying in to get vaccinated in our clinics, for free at our expense. But we would raise holy hell if we openly gave it to the poor migrants, complaining that we shouldn’t be vaccinating them.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10788 on: August 06, 2021, 05:42:23 PM »
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/supply-chain/florida-hospitals-struggling-to-get-oxygen.html

"Florida hospitals are struggling to get enough oxygen to treat their COVID-19 patients as virus cases surge because of the delta variant, Bloomberg reported Aug. 4.

Restrictions on how long truck drivers can be on the road went back into effect when the state's public health emergency rules were lifted, and there is a shortage of qualified drivers to transport oxygen to hospitals, according to Bloomberg."

Dammit, I predicted Sunday.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10789 on: August 06, 2021, 05:59:04 PM »

Sad. And this from the Washington Post:

Hospitals around Orlando and Jacksonville have been reporting some of the worst conditions in the state, including at least 10 that say they’ve hit all-time highs in admissions.

The University of Florida’s Jacksonville hospitals are among those who have crossed that point with 233 covid-19 patients admitted as of Thursday — compared to the 125 January peak — and intensive care unit beds exhausted. Officials have been scrambling to add ICU beds and enough nurses to staff them, while looking at models showing a patient admissions spike over the next two weeks.

“It’s frightening and it’s frustrating. When we had the waves we had before, we thought we were tight and we thought we were pushed pretty hard,” said David Caro, an emergency physician at the hospital. “Now getting into this situation, we have to bring all those resources we brought to bear before and are trying to come up with new ways to make care proceed forward. It’s scary.”

Hospitals in South Florida, which isn’t as hard hit, are still struggling. Boca Raton Regional Hospital treated about 95 covid patients on Wednesday, a significant jump from five hospitalized in mid-June and its all-time peak of 78 patients.

“We are admitting patients way faster than we can discharge them from the hospital,” said Samer Fahmy, the hospital’s chief medical officer. “We anticipated that we may get a bit of a surge, but we did not anticipate that it would be this rapid and to this degree. This is worse than we expected.”

Hospitals are also seeing a small but growing number of pediatric patients as a new school year looms and the governor feuds with school boards over mask mandates.

Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Broward County treated 12 covid inpatients earlier this week, the most to date, said Lussette Dantinor, director of emergency services. Administrators are working to expand space if hospitalizations rise.

Whether to mandate masks for children is “a tough debate,” Dantinor said. But she noted that for her own 9-year-old child, “I feel right now — due to what we’re seeing, I think that would be best.”

The school board in Broward County, where her hospital is located, approved a student mask mandate on July 28 — two days before DeSantis signed an order that would withhold funding from schools that make face coverings compulsory.

The school system initially seemed poised to back down, but on Wednesday, with a handful of Florida school systems defying DeSantis’s order, a spokesperson said Broward district officials were “awaiting further guidance before rendering a decision on the mask mandate.”

Shannon Beckham, a Jacksonville Beach parent, credited the Duval County school board for taking on DeSantis’s order by approving a mask mandate that allows parents to opt their children out.

“I feel for them, because it’s not an easy decision to make, and they’ll probably get threats. And I think there’s also a fear of our governor.” Beckham said. “It’s not an easy choice for them, but I think you should always err on the side of the choice that’s not going to kill people.”

Outside of schools, city and county officials are complaining they cannot take aggressive measures to prevent the spread of the virus because of moves by DeSantis and the Republican-controlled state legislature to strip them of emergency public health powers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10790 on: August 06, 2021, 06:27:12 PM »
Wow ... what a mean thing to say about Gov. DeSantis, who ranks behind only Gov. Douchie in NY for covering up the severity of the virus in his state.

Yeah butt, DeSantis doesn't pinch lady's asses, nor does he have an Emmy, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10791 on: August 06, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »

Not qualified for the GOP presidency.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10792 on: August 06, 2021, 07:07:20 PM »
#frontrunner, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10793 on: August 06, 2021, 07:59:40 PM »

Nah … your new hero just contributes to the illnesses and deaths of Floridians, nu?

Cuomo should resign or be impeached, just as the previous occupant of the White House should have. See how easy it is to say that, nu?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10794 on: August 06, 2021, 08:22:18 PM »
Covid will not be eradicated, whether one human being or the entire world is vaccinated. Everyone will have to learn to live and co-exist with it continually amongst us. Becomes a lot simpler to do so when politics are taken out of the equation, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10795 on: August 06, 2021, 09:12:36 PM »
Covid will not be eradicated, whether one human being or the entire world is vaccinated. Everyone will have to learn to live and co-exist with it continually amongst us. Becomes a lot simpler to do so when politics are taken out of the equation, hey?

Beautiful. As a starter, please tell all of your political heroes to stop using big government to prevent and/or punish common-sense plans that will enable businesses to protect their employees and customers. Thanks!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10796 on: August 06, 2021, 11:38:56 PM »
Okay I wasn’t clear. No one is complaining about rich people from South and Central America and Asia  flying in to get vaccinated in our clinics, for free at our expense. But we would raise holy hell if we openly gave it to the poor migrants, complaining that we shouldn’t be vaccinating them.

Again, different story.  I'm not trying to get into an immigration debate, but there is a big difference between "rich" tourists coming in to the US via legal, regulated channels and being vaccinated while here and undocumented/illegal immigrants entering who may or may not be COVID positive, and the difference is not simply "rich vs poor".  And its not like those migrants are coming with the express intention of being vaccinated.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #10797 on: August 07, 2021, 09:08:02 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10798 on: August 07, 2021, 09:45:39 AM »
The Charlotte suburb where I live has a big festival every Labor Day weekend. The town just posted this on its site:

In a unanimous Board of Directors vote, the 2021 festival scheduled for September 3-6, 2021, will be canceled for the second year in a row. The safety, health, and wellness of festival partners and attendees remain a priority for this family-friendly event.

I'm disappointed, because the festival raises a lot of money for charity and it is always a fun event, but I understand the decision.

Cases, hospitalizations and deaths due to covid have accelerated significantly in NC, our county and the Charlotte area over the last 2-3 months.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10799 on: August 07, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »