collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 253260 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #675 on: October 03, 2016, 10:29:52 PM »
The vikings are the best team in the NFC 1/4 through the season.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #676 on: October 04, 2016, 05:14:01 AM »
Bradford is surprisingly good so far. 

Yeah I have to admit that I have been completely wrong about that trade.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #677 on: October 04, 2016, 06:06:55 AM »
It's still early though.  He passed one road test at Charlotte.  Let's see how he does with a few more road games under his belt. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #678 on: October 04, 2016, 08:55:13 AM »
If you look at the Viking's schedule, it is extremely favorable....the only 2 tough games left for them are at Eagles(who saw that coming) in two weeks and at Packers at the end of the season. They should be favored in every other game on their schedule. Mind blown.

What will be interesting is that they are outperforming the natural trend on turnovers, at some point they are likely to return to the mean.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #679 on: October 04, 2016, 10:05:08 AM »
If you look at the Viking's schedule, it is extremely favorable....the only 2 tough games left for them are at Eagles(who saw that coming) in two weeks and at Packers at the end of the season. They should be favored in every other game on their schedule. Mind blown.

If you made this statement before week one it would've been met with a ton of scrutiny.  But....you're correct.

Aside from the Eagles being much better than expected the Panthers, Cardinals, and (maybe) Texans are all teams that aren't as fearsome 4 weeks into the season as they looked at the end of last year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #680 on: October 05, 2016, 01:50:49 PM »
Odell being the victim of referees unfairly targeting him.  Packers getting all calls, especially in Lambeau.  This weekend should be fun to see what happens.  Does Odell get ejected before the game even starts?  Maybe the NFL doesn't allow him inside the stadium this weekend?  That'd be nice, as him against Randall will be ugly.  Then again, the refs will make it work for the home team in Lambeau!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:54:48 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #681 on: October 05, 2016, 03:03:12 PM »
Odell being the victim of referees unfairly targeting him.  Packers getting all calls, especially in Lambeau.  This weekend should be fun to see what happens.  Does Odell get ejected before the game even starts?  Maybe the NFL doesn't allow him inside the stadium this weekend?  That'd be nice, as him against Randall will be ugly.  Then again, the refs will make it work for the home team in Lambeau!

You just won't let this go, will you?

Please, show me where I said that the Packers "get all the calls." Don't show me where you inferred that I said that. Show me where that statement was made.

It's an either/or proposal. Either provide the exact quote or admit that it was never said.

Once you admit that it was never said, we can drop this whole topic. You can believe what you want to believe and I can believe what I believe.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #682 on: October 05, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
You just won't let this go, will you?

Please, show me where I said that the Packers "get all the calls." Don't show me where you inferred that I said that. Show me where that statement was made.

It's an either/or proposal. Either provide the exact quote or admit that it was never said.

Once you admit that it was never said, we can drop this whole topic. You can believe what you want to believe and I can believe what I believe.

Okay my fault.  I will edit.

Odell being the victim of referees unfairly targeting him.  Packers getting the benefit of the calls and getting away with "things," especially in Lambeau.  This weekend should be fun to see what happens.  Does Odell get ejected before the game even starts?  Maybe the NFL doesn't allow him inside the stadium this weekend?  That'd be nice, as him against Randall will be ugly.  Then again, the refs will make it work for the home team in Lambeau!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:08:58 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #683 on: October 05, 2016, 05:26:20 PM »
Kevin White back on IR. Gonna be that guy and say called it over a year ago when I said he was a terrible draft pick.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #684 on: October 05, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »
Kevin White back on IR. Gonna be that guy and say called it over a year ago when I said he was a terrible draft pick.

Calling any Bears first round draft pick terrible isn't really going out on a limb though with their recent history.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #685 on: October 06, 2016, 05:42:29 AM »
Odell is pushing his "play" to the limits and forcing the refs to make a call.  Next up, he hires al sharpton to be his new agent and they'll fire off the race card faster than you can say BLM and all hell breaks loose.  You know the story-2nd verse, same as the 1st...Odell is just a passionate guy who leaves everything out there on the field...and at home...and in the john...
don't...don't don't don't don't

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #686 on: October 06, 2016, 08:17:10 AM »
Calling any Bears first round draft pick terrible isn't really going out on a limb though with their recent history.

Recent Draft Picks

Leonard Floyd: 0.5 sacks thru 4 games

Kevin White: 19 receptions in 4 games over his first 2 seasons - on IR

Kyle Fuller: Solid rookie season, step back last season, currently on IR

Kyle Long: stud...but often overlooked is that he could have been taken in the 2nd Round - 5 other Pro Bowlers take in the next 11 picks. Reaching too far for a pick, even when it works out, is never a good idea.

Shea McClellin - dud

Gabe Carimi - last 2 seasons in Chicago

It's not tough to figure out why the current state of the team is such a mess.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #687 on: October 06, 2016, 08:26:20 AM »
Recent Draft Picks

Kyle Long: stud...but often overlooked is that he could have been taken in the 2nd Round - 5 other Pro Bowlers take in the next 11 picks. Reaching too far for a pick, even when it works out, is never a good idea.

Shea McClellin - dud

I just feel bad for you guys.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #688 on: October 06, 2016, 08:48:24 AM »
Recent Draft Picks

Shea McClellin - dud

Thought Carimi might have worked out, unfortunate.
Hated the McClellin pick as we were in a 4-3 when he was taken.
Fuller could still turn out okay, pending injuries
White was a reach, IMO. Injuries are obviously a set-back. Hopefully can still bring value. I don't know what his injury status was in college.
Floyd was a huge reach. Definitely more a "potential" pick than anything.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #689 on: October 06, 2016, 09:39:27 AM »
Thought Carimi might have worked out, unfortunate.
Hated the McClellin pick as we were in a 4-3 when he was taken.
Fuller could still turn out okay, pending injuries
White was a reach, IMO. Injuries are obviously a set-back. Hopefully can still bring value. I don't know what his injury status was in college.
Floyd was a huge reach. Definitely more a "potential" pick than anything.

Pretty much agree.

Wasn't a fan of the Kevin White pick. The team had too many needs to take a project that high. At WVU, he never really ran routes. He'd basically go deep or they'd throw him a screen. That's it. NFL offenses are based so much on reads and timing, hard to imagine using a top 10 pick on a guy who had really never had to deal with either.

Floyd is a pass rusher in the body of a WR.

Both guys would have been worth the risk if the Bears were a perennial playoff team and/or had a lot of depth at their positions, but for a rebuilding team to go for a project in the 1st Round in back to back years, I'm just not a fan of that strategy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #690 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:12 AM »
Odell is pushing his "play" to the limits and forcing the refs to make a call.  Next up, he hires al sharpton to be his new agent and they'll fire off the race card faster than you can say BLM and all hell breaks loose.  You know the story-2nd verse, same as the 1st...Odell is just a passionate guy who leaves everything out there on the field...and at home...and in the john...

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #691 on: October 06, 2016, 12:37:48 PM »

i so wish the 'ignore' feature would also block when people quote those ignored - i wouldn't have been exposed to this or that other gem.  so far this AM we have RS equating the CK anthem protest to a nazi salute and a blatantly racist post about OBJ. 

man i hope no recruits (or perspective students) ever come to this board and it looks like it's time to stay away from the Superbar.

(OBJ is a head case btw)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #692 on: October 09, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »
Skol Vikings, we are the best!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #693 on: October 09, 2016, 01:05:37 PM »
Vike's D on a roll again. Up 24 zip. Just ran a punt back.

Most amazing, Fred Walsh hasn't missed yet.

Tanqueray Tommie blew the horn to start game. He blew only a .017.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #694 on: October 09, 2016, 04:23:36 PM »
Skol Vikings, we are the best!!

Playing really well, no doubt.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #695 on: October 09, 2016, 07:23:29 PM »
Game hasn't started and Colinsworth sucks 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #696 on: October 09, 2016, 07:24:38 PM »
Some dog-lady is singing the intro. Ugggggllllyyyyy!!!

Go Giants!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #697 on: October 09, 2016, 07:26:24 PM »
Some dog-lady is singing the intro. Ugggggllllyyyyy!!!

Go Giants!

Who is she?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #698 on: October 09, 2016, 07:47:59 PM »
That was an awesome play design. The Giants somehow defended it well, but Jordy is pretty insane.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #699 on: October 09, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »
Eli looking old. Missing throws. Like the Viks game on Monday.

feedback