collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Christian McCaffery  (Read 40416 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Christian McCaffery
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2016, 07:53:32 PM »
Where in the agreement does it say, "I'll participate in every game in exchange for a scholarship?"

It doesn't.
That's the thing. JayBee claims McCaffery is violating terms of a contract that aren't actually in the contract.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2016, 08:00:38 PM »
Man, UW put in 5 traditionals at garbage time vs Rutgers. Figurin' we can take those dudes, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2016, 08:30:57 PM »
OK.  We disagree.  Why the vitriol?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2016, 08:43:45 PM »
It doesn't.
That's the thing. JayBee claims McCaffery is violating terms of a contract that aren't actually in the contract.

WtF are they signing? "Scholarship for fun"??? Cmon bud
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2016, 09:40:45 PM »
WtF are they signing? "Scholarship for fun"??? Cmon bud

Read a standard NCAA aid agreement and get back to me about the requirements you claim are in there 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2016, 09:58:42 PM »
Read a standard NCAA aid agreement and get back to me about the requirements you claim are in there

Read the basics. Understand the basics

OUTSIDE of any agreements, let me know

Do student athletes agree to play a specific sport in exchange for value? Yes or no?  FOH

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2016, 10:00:17 PM »
Your lies are helpful to explain why you side with such an unrighteous thief such as this football player for hire, when convenient

This is the craziest rant I've seen on this site since Chicos at his most maddening heights. Talk about going from Zero to Twenty-Seven-Thousand in the space of about 10 seconds. Maybe try taking it down a notch, this isn't borderline insanity, it's full-fledged, tossed out my meds, writing messages to the aliens on the walls insanity. Maybe just try not doubling down on an over-the-top, hyperbolic statement when called on it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2016, 10:21:40 PM »
This is the craziest rant I've seen on this site since Chicos at his most maddening heights. Talk about going from Zero to Twenty-Seven-Thousand in the space of about 10 seconds. Maybe try taking it down a notch, this isn't borderline insanity, it's full-fledged, tossed out my meds, writing messages to the aliens on the walls insanity. Maybe just try not doubling down on an over-the-top, hyperbolic statement when called on it.

Hyperbole? Hyperbole?

I dunno brew ... I have to agree with JB that McCaffrey is worse than Hitler, Saddam and Kahn all rolled into one!

And just checking: "Unrighteous thief" is worse than Satan, right?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2016, 10:47:17 PM »
This is purely driven by self. 100%, nothing else. If a guy wants to leave bc he's frustrated with PT & coaches OK it, great. "I'm too special for this" isn't.

Each situation is VERY diff. I'm speaking on one in particular, and that's important to remember.

PS- if you can get MSU+6.5 in 45 minutes, I'll help you (do it)

So "my word is my bond" is conditional, then. OK.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2016, 10:50:39 PM »
So "my word is my bond" is conditional, then. OK.

Nah. Word is always bond. What was the agreement is the Q

"I leave, you'll stop paying me plus punish me".... vs

"I leave, eat sh1t"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »
This is purely driven by self. 100%, nothing else. If a guy wants to leave bc he's frustrated with PT & coaches OK it, great. "I'm too special for this" isn't.

Each situation is VERY diff. I'm speaking on one in particular, and that's important to remember.

PS- if you can get MSU+6.5 in 45 minutes, I'll help you (do it)

PS MSU won. Check the math

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2016, 02:53:58 PM »
Fine as long as the player is then compensated for the $$$$ that he brought the school.

Bowl games are about the school making money. Simple as that.

How much money did McCaffrey actually bring to the school?  If he didn't go there, would they have sold many less tickets that it wouldn't have covered the $300,000 (granted that number is a WAG, but a conservative WAG) or so he got in terms of tuition, tutoring, training and coaching over his time there?  I don't think so.  I think people overestimate wildly the actual value of the individual players on college teams.  People root for the uniform, not the players.  If the top 40 players on the Stanford team played for the Palo Alto Seals in some minor professional football league would they average even $20,000 a season?  I doubt it.  Their worth at the college level as you think of it is not created by them for the most part.

Further, the teams that go to these lower tier bowls generally lose money on them, not make it.  Big time college sports are more for the recognition/advertising they bring to the school than the actual money they bring in, as well as provide a selling point for actual students attending the school.

Further, I think anyone who chooses not to play or coach a team before the end of a season has quit on his team.  Doesn't mean they should not do it.

I think the biggest problem with big time college sports isn't that the football/basketball players aren't paid, it is that they're not getting a real college education.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:31:19 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

brandx

« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
Nah. Word is always bond. What was the agreement is the Q

"I leave, you'll stop paying me plus punish me".... vs

"I leave, eat sh1t"

I'll let you in on a little secret.

Stanford recruited the guy to help the school make $$$$$ - not because they felt he deserved an education. Every scholarship they give to a football recruit is to add $$$$$$ to the coffers.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2016, 06:57:53 PM »
I'll let you in on a little secret.

Stanford recruited the guy to help the school make $$$$$ - not because they felt he deserved an education. Every scholarship they give to a football recruit is to add $$$$$$ to the coffers.

I'll let you in on a secret. The young man entered into a contract to play FB in exchange for a scholarship. He's not honoring his obligation. Shameful!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »
I'll let you in on a secret. The young man entered into a contract to play FB in exchange for a scholarship. He's not honoring his obligation. Shameful!

He did play football in exchange for a scholarship. 38 times, in fact ... not including hundreds of practices, workouts, meetings, film sessions, media commitments, publicity appearances, etc.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2016, 08:46:27 PM »
He did play football in exchange for a scholarship. 38 times, in fact ... not including hundreds of practices, workouts, meetings, film sessions, media commitments, publicity appearances, etc.

He is refusing to play

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2016, 08:54:01 PM »
The semester ended in December and he withdrew from school.  He is no longer obligated to play.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2016, 09:00:51 PM »
The semester ended in December and he withdrew from school.  He is no longer obligated to play.

He's refusing to play. This after agreeing to play the season in exchange for a 2016-17 academic year scholarship. Lock him up.

brandx

« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2016, 09:29:28 PM »
Full blown chica-itis.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2016, 09:33:50 PM »
He's refusing to play. This after agreeing to play the season in exchange for a 2016-17 academic year scholarship. Lock him up.

Where in the NCAA aid agreement did he make this promise?
Regardless, as already noted, he is no longer receiving a scholarship. So if any such promise or obligation to play existed  - and it doesn't - it would be a moot point.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2016, 09:48:05 PM »
Where in the NCAA aid agreement did he make this promise?
Regardless, as already noted, he is no longer receiving a scholarship. So if any such promise or obligation to play existed  - and it doesn't - it would be a moot point.

Uhh, in the agreement is... in the agreement

If we enter into a purchase agreement... I'm buying your house... and the day of close I decide, eh, never mind... I'm not going to honor the agreement.

Your response would be "ok, cool. Here's the earnest $ back, take care!"?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2016, 09:58:06 PM »
Uhh, in the agreement is... in the agreement

If we enter into a purchase agreement... I'm buying your house... and the day of close I decide, eh, never mind... I'm not going to honor the agreement.

Your response would be "ok, cool. Here's the earnest $ back, take care!"?

That's a terrible analogy. In no small part because a home purchase agreement specifically lays out each party's obligations should such a situation arise. The NCAA aid agreement does not address this circumstance.
That's the point you're failing to grasp ... perhaps willingly, since doing so refutes your argument.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2016, 10:00:53 PM »
Here is a sample:

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Example-Athletic-Aid-Agreement.pdf

Stanford has no grounds, especially since the term has ended.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2016, 10:22:28 PM »
Pakuni, Sultan, others:

JB is being intentionally obtuse. He's enjoying trying to play us.

I thought so for a few days now. "Lock him up" confirms it.

I'm done here now, having proclaimed a solid victory.

Happy New Year, all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2016, 12:52:44 AM »
Pakuni, Sultan, others:

JB is being intentionally obtuse. He's enjoying trying to play us.

I thought so for a few days now. "Lock him up" confirms it.

I'm done here now, having proclaimed a solid victory.

Happy New Year, all.

He's the old man in the neighborhood yelling at us to get off his grass.

Good to see it isn't personal though. He's condescending to just about everyone - especially if you question his precious statistics.