collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127376 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9250 on: December 06, 2020, 09:40:14 PM »
Another Reason to Wear a Mask: COVID-19 May Cause Erectile Dysfunction

https://www.nbcboston.com/lx/another-reason-to-wear-a-mask-covid-19-may-cause-erectile-dysfunction/2248526/?fbclid=IwAR36jC-rb_8ejHU_kllX3wrpINchwC-092nlAm3kqsJHP62eUL2_8t4tpF0

Knock on wood, that doesn't happen to any Scoopers. It would be hard to live with such a stiff consequence.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9251 on: December 06, 2020, 10:17:40 PM »
Knock on wood, that doesn't happen to any Scoopers. It would be hard to live with such a stiff consequence.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9253 on: December 07, 2020, 07:40:32 AM »
AZ legislature has to shut down after the now-infected and hospitalized Giuliani exposed them to COVID-19. He very proudly did not wear a mask.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/12/06/giuliani-test-positive-covid-19-met-arizona-lawmakers-before/3852278001/

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9254 on: December 07, 2020, 07:56:42 AM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #9255 on: December 07, 2020, 08:33:32 AM »
A few weeks after Trump had his bout with Covid and got special treatment my mom was tested for covid. The dr told her if positive they would spend about an hour or 2 giving her an IV of the trump drug as my mom called it.  Not sure what that was but i was surprised to hear that it was available to the general population. She was negative so never got the trump drug.

So i guess I am very confused what is available to the general population

I remember you posting this, and it confused me then. I'm guessing the doctor meant Remdesivir. The monoclonal antibodies hadn't received an EUA yet, and are still in extremely limited supply. For your mom to get the antibodies, it would have required a "compassionate use exemption," those are really hard to get and the pharmaceutical companies need to approve it.

They are very reluctant to do so, unless you are rich and powerful it appears (e.g. Trump and his cronies). They are also very expensive.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9256 on: December 07, 2020, 09:25:36 AM »
AZ legislature has to shut down after the now-infected and hospitalized Giuliani exposed them to COVID-19. He very proudly did not wear a mask.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/12/06/giuliani-test-positive-covid-19-met-arizona-lawmakers-before/3852278001/

Rudy Ghouliani

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9257 on: December 07, 2020, 11:49:34 AM »
Of course, it's more than just the AZ legislature. Giuliani, just about never wearing a mask, has been in a lot of people's faces the last week-plus. He could end up being personally responsible for numerous people getting seriously ill (or even dying), just as his lord and master was.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9258 on: December 07, 2020, 11:55:33 AM »
Pretty sure that this could be an addendum to the SNL cold open regarding his trip to Michigan.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9259 on: December 07, 2020, 12:01:43 PM »
Pretty sure that this could be an addendum to the SNL cold open regarding his trip to Michigan.

For 4 years now, we have seen little more than a series of SNL skits at our highest levels of government.

Unfortunately, amidst the comic ineptitude, there are serious, real-world consequences like this ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/climate/trump-epa-soot-covid.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20201207&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=46263&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Monday declined to tighten controls on industrial soot emissions, disregarding an emerging scientific link between dirty air and Covid-19 death rates.

In one of the final policy moves of an administration that has spent the past four years weakening or rolling back more than 100 environmental regulations, the Environmental Protection Agency completed a regulation that keeps in place, rather than tightening, rules on tiny, lung-damaging industrial particles, known as PM 2.5, even though the agency’s own scientists have warned of the links between the pollutants and respiratory illness.

E.P.A. administrator Andrew Wheeler is expected to announce the rule Monday afternoon, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Public health experts say that the rule defies scientific research, including the work of the E.P.A.’s own public health experts, which indicates that PM 2.5 pollution contributes to tens of thousands of premature deaths annually, and that even a slight tightening of controls on fine soot could save thousands of American lives.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #9260 on: December 07, 2020, 02:39:15 PM »
I remember you posting this, and it confused me then. I'm guessing the doctor meant Remdesivir. The monoclonal antibodies hadn't received an EUA yet, and are still in extremely limited supply. For your mom to get the antibodies, it would have required a "compassionate use exemption," those are really hard to get and the pharmaceutical companies need to approve it.

They are very reluctant to do so, unless you are rich and powerful it appears (e.g. Trump and his cronies). They are also very expensive.

Interesting my mom is not rich but as powerful as a 5ft 78 lb woman with copd can be

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #9261 on: December 07, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »
Interesting my mom is not rich but as powerful as a 5ft 78 lb woman with copd can be

I guess my point was that your mom was going to get remdesivir, still a good drug that Trump received, but not the one I critique the elites as getting special access to.

Trump and his cronies got access to Regeneron and/or Eli Lilly's antibody treatment. That wasn't given an EUA until late November, and then wasn't available to really anyone else (not in a placebo controlled trial), including your mom.

The main thing is, there wasn't a "Trump drug" but rather "drugs". He quite honestly got them all, except HCQ...weird how he wasn't treated with it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9262 on: December 07, 2020, 03:55:33 PM »
I guess my point was that your mom was going to get remdesivir, still a good drug that Trump received, but not the one I critique the elites as getting special access to.

Trump and his cronies got access to Regeneron and/or Eli Lilly's antibody treatment. That wasn't given an EUA until late November, and then wasn't available to really anyone else (not in a placebo controlled trial), including your mom.

The main thing is, there wasn't a "Trump drug" but rather "drugs". He quite honestly got them all, except HCQ...weird how he wasn't treated with it.

Yep. He was carried away by helicopters to one of the world's great hospitals, where a dozen top doctors doted on him and prescribed him every medication under the sun, moon and stars.

Like he said, if he could overcome COVID-19 through the sheer force of his mighty will, his superhuman strength, his awesome courage, and his extremely stable genius intellect, anybody can! All those who died were "losers" and "suckers."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9263 on: December 07, 2020, 04:22:03 PM »

Agreed. The doc could have been referring to a number of things as the "Trump drug," and it was most likely Remdesovir.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9264 on: December 07, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »

Agreed. The doc could have been referring to a number of things as the "Trump drug," and it was most likely Remdesovir.

Why wouldn't the doctor have been talking about dexamethasone?  It can be IV as well.  I realize you weren't saying it couldn't have been.  Just seems more likely than either of the experimental ones.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9265 on: December 07, 2020, 05:22:14 PM »
Why wouldn't the doctor have been talking about dexamethasone?  It can be IV as well.  I realize you weren't saying it couldn't have been.  Just seems more likely than either of the experimental ones.

True, it could have been dex. It's mostly the fact that dex has been approved for eons and tons of people had gotten dex long before Trump became sick, so its association with him (and apparent likelihood of calling it the "Trump drug") was minimal at best. Remdesvir, OTOH, just got its EUA a couple of months before Trump got sick.

But again, only the doc knows what he meant for sure....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9266 on: December 07, 2020, 05:39:32 PM »
Number of citizens who lost health care coverage since the pandemic began:

14,600,000 United States       
0    Australia   
0    Belgium
0    Canada
0    Denmark
0    Finland
0    France
0    Germany
0    Italy
0    Japan
0    Norway
0    South Korea
0    Spain
0    UK

https://twitter.com/GravelInstitute/status/1334578660200886276?s=20

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9267 on: December 07, 2020, 06:49:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/GravelInstitute/status/1334578660200886276?s=20

Once an American is out of the womb, we don't really care much about what happens to him or her.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9268 on: December 07, 2020, 06:51:58 PM »
Remember the Data Scientist that worked for Florida GIS that refused to fudge the numbers at the request of their nutter governor?

Reminder: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/14/876584284/fired-florida-data-scientist-launches-a-coronavirus-dashboard-of-her-own

And then Florida has been lying about their case count and death tally ever since? Well, looks like her home got raided by cops wielding their weapons and her computers were taken today:

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1336065787900145665

How're you going to do stuff like this to data scientists? Really wild.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9269 on: December 07, 2020, 07:00:04 PM »
Remember the Data Scientist that worked for Florida GIS that refused to fudge the numbers at the request of their nutter governor?

Reminder: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/14/876584284/fired-florida-data-scientist-launches-a-coronavirus-dashboard-of-her-own

And then Florida has been lying about their case count and death tally ever since? Well, looks like her home got raided by cops wielding their weapons and her computers were taken today:

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1336065787900145665

How're you going to do stuff like this to data scientists? Really wild.

Pretty disgusting, but totally expected from DeSantis.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #9270 on: December 07, 2020, 07:38:37 PM »
How long should you wait to test after a possible exposure?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9271 on: December 07, 2020, 07:53:00 PM »

3 or 4 days.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9272 on: December 07, 2020, 07:55:47 PM »

But please isolate, that’s the first thing you should do.  Wishing you safety and health CW.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #9273 on: December 07, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »
3 or 4 days.
But please isolate, that’s the first thing you should do.  Wishing you safety and health CW.
Thanks for the info guys. Very low chance but covering bases. We’re a very isolated family this fall. Grocery store and take out is about it for us. Really sucks that I was even able to consider finding tickets for Creighton/Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse tomorrow.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #9274 on: December 07, 2020, 08:56:00 PM »

The general answer is, there is no great answer. If you wait 3-4 days. You could test negative, but develop COVID a day or two (or more later).

If you are looking for your own peace of mind, I'd wait 7 days and do the RT-PCR test, not the 15-minute test.

feedback