collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127360 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #8725 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:33 AM »
Lick your finger and see which way the wind is blowing today to determine if we are listening to experts today or blaming them for being wrong.

What I think is shocking is that if Trump really believes Fauci is doing a bad job he has the power to fire him... yet, he doesn't.

Why is that?   Is it because he actually thinks he is doing a great job?  Or is it because everything that goes wrong he can use Fauci as a scapegoat?  But if he is so incompetent and keeps getting things wrong... then why won't the big boss man fire him?  Doesn't that show poor judgement?  SO WHICH IS IT?

These questions are rhetorical by the way.

Because of the pedestal the media has placed Fauci on, it would be political suicide to formally fire him.  Instead it seems he’s been largely sidelined the last few months with dwindling influence on the task force and with the administration because he’s been wrong on damn near everything.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8726 on: October 30, 2020, 09:54:55 AM »
china 91,306 cases  4739 deaths...chaaaaaa right!!  they've harvested more kidneys from their "organ donors" than this

My brother in law runs the Asian business of an American hospitality company.  He saw his business dip to 6% of capacity in Jan / Feb / Mar and then come back online.  Many of his properties are owned by Chinese nationals.  Whenever I press him on China's transparency, he says he feels very confident that China is being forthright with their numbers. 

It comes down to behavior, they test the hell out of people, they isolate and quarantine those sick / exposure and their contact tracing is manhunt level.  It's just a completely different approach. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8727 on: October 30, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »
Because of the pedestal the media has placed Fauci on, it would be political suicide to formally fire him.  Instead it seems he’s been largely sidelined the last few months with dwindling influence on the task force and with the administration because he’s been wrong on damn near everything.

This checks out since cases have skyrocketed to higher than when every major city in the country was shut down.

Don't worry though Dr Atlas knows how to make the optics look better
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8728 on: October 30, 2020, 10:04:16 AM »

So, by this logic Trump should not fire an employee for being 'wrong on damn near everything?

Bold leadership.

You seriously buy this line of thinking?  Rube.

What has Fauci been wrong about?  Unless you're still counting the mask thing.  Which he retracted months ago.  Which he has explained a countless number of times.  Enlighten me, please.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8729 on: October 30, 2020, 10:18:15 AM »

Fauci has modestly said all we can do is learn and he gladly admits when he's wrong.  But if he was wrong on damn near everything you'd have an army of medical people lining up to protest and that's not the case.  You get might get a dozen or two here and there but hundreds of thousands of doctors / scientists have stood behind him.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8730 on: October 30, 2020, 10:23:18 AM »
It's all a conspiracy.  Fauci is wrong on everything, but this country is so obsessed with getting rid of Trump that nobody will say anything or report on it, other than the perfect Fox News.  Just you watch, if Biden is elected president, covid will be gone within 2 weeks.  I've been told as much by more than one Trump supporting coworker/friend.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8731 on: October 30, 2020, 10:25:24 AM »
It's all a conspiracy.  Fauci is wrong on everything, but this country is so obsessed with getting rid of Trump that nobody will say anything or report on it, other than the perfect Fox News.  Just you watch, if Biden is elected president, covid will be gone within 2 weeks.  I've been told as much by more than one Trump supporting coworker/friend.

So.... vote Biden to get rid of the coronavirus? I agree with your coworkers on something, so it's a start.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #8732 on: October 30, 2020, 10:47:00 AM »
It's likely more than this, but not as many as you seem to be hoping for.

As if this were some sort of morbid competition between countries.

To give an idea of differences in approach. My colleagues in laws were stuck here from China because of COVID. Recently, they were given permission to return. They had to have a negative test 2-days before travel in order to even be allowed on the plane. When they arrive in China, they will immediately be tested again, and then moved to an isolation facility, where they will have to stay for 14-days, get another negative test, and then they will be allowed to return home.

Here, in most states you can still go out and get a beer and spit in each others faces.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8733 on: October 30, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »

Here, in most states you can still go out and get a beer and spit in each others faces.

I'm just not seeing a problem here.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #8734 on: October 30, 2020, 10:52:06 AM »
Maybe that’s cause the administration was listening to the exPerTs who were saying the same thing.

Your pic indicates that is from 2017

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8735 on: October 30, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
Maybe that’s cause the administration was listening to the exPerTs who were saying the same thing.

Bravo! Every couple of days, you manage to post how wrong Fauci was in the beginning without ever following with the fact that he acknowledged his mistakes, corrected them, and has been spot-on on just about everything since mid-March.

Meanwhile, your emperor has only gotten more and more and more wrong and has put even his supporters in harm's way repeatedly. What a great "leader" you worship!

But yeah, it's all Fauci's fault.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8736 on: October 30, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
Yep,  Fauci acted like a scientist and reacted to the science and data rather than digging deeper into a political foxhole.  I like people who are smart enough and open minded enough to evolve with new data.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8737 on: October 30, 2020, 02:25:54 PM »
1st report of a patient with Covid and the flu in California.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8738 on: October 30, 2020, 02:28:47 PM »
Bravo! Every couple of days, you manage to post how wrong Fauci was in the beginning without ever following with the fact that he acknowledged his mistakes, corrected them, and has been spot-on on just about everything since mid-March.

Meanwhile, your emperor has only gotten more and more and more wrong and has put even his supporters in harm's way repeatedly. What a great "leader" you worship!

But yeah, it's all Fauci's fault.

Every couple days I point out Fauci’s mistakes and every couple minutes you point out Trumps, we’re both extremely annoying.  Congrats

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8739 on: October 30, 2020, 02:31:00 PM »
Every couple days I point out Fauci’s mistakes and every couple minutes you point out Trumps, we’re both extremely annoying.  Congrats

Fauci has corrected mistakes and altered his view as we learned more about the virus.

Trump is still lying.

Comparing the two of them is stupid.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8740 on: October 30, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »

If you're not making mistakes and learning from them, you're not sciencing.

I haven't seen Trump learn from a mistake yet.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8741 on: October 30, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »

Fauci has corrected mistakes and altered his view as we learned more about the virus.

Trump is still lying.

Yep.

And yep.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8742 on: October 30, 2020, 07:21:07 PM »

Trump is still lying.

Sigh.

But I guess I don't blame hoopy/chico/Cheeks/Pace. When you have to defend the indefensible, you are desperate enough to try anything ... even if you have to be wrong over and over and over again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8743 on: October 30, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »

How are you supposed to learn from mistakes if you’ve never made one?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8744 on: October 30, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »
How are you supposed to learn from mistakes if you’ve never made one?

Actually funny

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #8745 on: October 30, 2020, 09:44:13 PM »

Ain't this the truth. Some of my biggest discoveries were due to mistakes, or failures, and being attentive enough to realize the gold nugget in the heaping pile of mistakes/failure.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8746 on: October 31, 2020, 08:42:32 AM »
New Stanford Study:

18 Trump rallies led to 30,000 COVID-19 cases, and 700 deaths:

https://twitter.com/AaronBelkin/status/1322376679407325184?s=19

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8747 on: October 31, 2020, 09:14:32 AM »
New Stanford Study:

China’s fault.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8748 on: October 31, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »
New Stanford Study:

Morons are gathering again
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8749 on: October 31, 2020, 10:03:35 AM »
Winning.   Making America number 1 again.     Spreading his message to his enthusiastic followers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback