[May 10, 2024, 10:24:14 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade  (Read 46621 times)

hdog1017

• Team Captain
Re: Wade
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2016, 09:10:57 PM »
Crean to coach the Bulls

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2016, 09:15:45 PM »
theScore ‏@theScore  3m3 minutes ago
The Bulls are reportedly finalizing a deal to send Mike Dunleavy to the Cavaliers. http://thesco.re/29k5LCp
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2016, 09:17:09 PM »
There's no conceivable way an offense of Rondo/Wade/Butler can or  will work. At least with Rose/Butler, it was only two guys.

I wonder if they're going to deal Butler now, which will be comical in that they signed Rondo/Wade in order to do so.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2016, 09:18:59 PM »
There's no conceivable way an offense of Rondo/Wade/Butler can or  will work. At least with Rose/Butler, it was only two guys.

I wonder if they're going to deal Butler now, which will be comical in that they signed Rondo/Wade in order to do so.

Rondo is at least a pass first point guard, Rose was not. I don't even care if it works, they're just so long as Derrick and Reggie Rose are gone from chicago.

Also, much better defensive team than last year.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:20:34 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2016, 09:19:42 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/basketball.realgm.com/wiretap-amp/242732/Dwyane-Wade-Agrees-To-Sign-With-Bulls#

My take is given that the deal is 2 year 47 mill means the Heat wanted to see him go. Good luck with Hassan Whiteside as your centerpiece.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »
Twitter saying Wade to Bulls.
Now I want Matthews, Novak and Crowder. Make this happen Bulls.

And go back in time and draft Ellenson.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2016, 09:24:14 PM »
The theory of Wade coming home, having two Marquette alums starring on the same team, it all sounds nice. I've liked seeing Butler come back as a recruiting tool, and imagine having a future Hall of Famer doing the same won't hurt.

But from a basketball perspective...why? So figure the lineup will be Rondo/Wade/Butler/Mirotic/Lopez. Maybe Gibson instead of Mirotic, but I can't see either being a big difference maker. Is that a playoff team? Ehh. If they weren't last year, why would they be this year? Does this allow them to play up-tempo, running ball? I really don't get these moves. This is a team that is unable to decide if they want to rebuild or make another run. That's how the Bucks were stuck in that 7th-10th place mediocrity for years.

The Bulls front office is just clueless. They lucked into drafting Rose and it almost got them to a Finals, and further lucked into the best 30th pick in NBA history (sorry, Gheorghe Muresan) and couldn't make that work. They think this will work? Talk about a franchise going nowhere fast.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »
The theory of Wade coming home, having two Marquette alums starring on the same team, it all sounds nice. I've liked seeing Butler come back as a recruiting tool, and imagine having a future Hall of Famer doing the same won't hurt.

But from a basketball perspective...why? So figure the lineup will be Rondo/Wade/Butler/Mirotic/Lopez. Maybe Gibson instead of Mirotic, but I can't see either being a big difference maker. Is that a playoff team? Ehh. If they weren't last year, why would they be this year? Does this allow them to play up-tempo, running ball? I really don't get these moves. This is a team that is unable to decide if they want to rebuild or make another run. That's how the Bucks were stuck in that 7th-10th place mediocrity for years.

The Bulls front office is just clueless. They lucked into drafting Rose and it almost got them to a Finals, and further lucked into the best 30th pick in NBA history (sorry, Gheorghe Muresan) and couldn't make that work. They think this will work? Talk about a franchise going nowhere fast.

After taking off the MU glasses and putting on my Bulls glasses it's very frustrating. Either Wade's got some stem cell therapy on his knees to make him 25 again or his agent is a master salesman. Either way though this team is certainly a playoff team, it could even make the Eastern finals before getting blown out by Cleveland because its the east and the playoffs aren't that hard. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2016, 09:32:19 PM »
Can't argue with anybody who is questioning the Bulls front office here.    Is there a plan?    Short term?    Long term?   Or are they just blindly thrashing around and hoping?    Your 3 smalls all have the same skill set.    Pretty sure that playing off of them and taking away the lane is the easiest defensive call in the league. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2016, 09:45:33 PM »
Wade has experience and he may play a big role in developing Denzell Valentine and conceivably even getting more production out of Doug McDermott.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2016, 09:45:37 PM »

If Wade is as healthy and effective as he was this past season, he will be very good for the Bulls.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
Can't argue with anybody who is questioning the Bulls front office here.    Is there a plan?    Short term?    Long term?   Or are they just blindly thrashing around and hoping?    Your 3 smalls all have the same skill set.    Pretty sure that playing off of them and taking away the lane is the easiest defensive call in the league.

The Bulls front office absolutely had no plan.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2016, 09:50:40 PM »
As a Bulls fan here's the way I think about it. One, Derrick Rose is gone that aline constitutes the offseason as a win.

Two Wade and Rondo are on 2 year contracts and Jimmy will have pretty high value for at least 2 more years. You can always blow it up in 2 years time.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2016, 09:55:45 PM »
Wade I apparently has a player option on the 2nd year so he may only be there a year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2016, 10:05:32 PM »
Wade has experience and he may play a big role in developing Denzell Valentine and conceivably even getting more production out of Doug McDermott.

How the hell is Wade going to get more production out of McDermott?  Is he a magician? 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2016, 10:12:56 PM »
The player option here is really interesting. I'm not surprised at all he got it, every star player will get it these days. However, considering his age/health, I'd be shocked if he isn't a Bull in '17-'18...but at what price point?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »
After taking off the MU glasses and putting on my Bulls glasses it's very frustrating. Either Wade's got some stem cell therapy on his knees to make him 25 again or his agent is a master salesman. Either way though this team is certainly a playoff team, it could even make the Eastern finals before getting blown out by Cleveland because its the east and the playoffs aren't that hard.

Maybe so...I just see a team with virtually no chemistry because they have three new starters. Bench seems a bit underwhelming with all the departures. That, and I'm not convinced Hoiberg is a NBA coach, and certainly not sure he's put together the right roster for the system he wants to run.

The Bulls were clearly becoming Jimmy's team, and Jimmy was pretty clearly not on the same page as the coach. I don't see how that's changed. Sure, the Rose issue is gone, but just because one problem is gone doesn't mean all the other issues in Chicago have gone away.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »
If the Bucks want more players who demand the ball and can't stretch the floor, I think Moose might be available?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2016, 10:48:20 PM »
As a Bulls fan here's the way I think about it. One, Derrick Rose is gone that aline constitutes the offseason as a win.

Two Wade and Rondo are on 2 year contracts and Jimmy will have pretty high value for at least 2 more years. You can always blow it up in 2 years time.
Amen. I don't understand all the criticism here. The Bulls have spent almost two decades trying to build back up. Yet, they're supposed to just completely blow it up this year because injuries derailed the career trajectories of Rose and Noah?

Let's see...they replace a Chicago playground legend whose body let him down with another hometown hero who is much more durable, if not completely sound health-wise. The departure didn't like to work or mentor younger players, and by most accounts the arrival does both those things. Plus, the arrival surely understands he's in the "swan song" of his career, and one would think he could defer to an upcoming fellow MU alum.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »
How the hell is Wade going to get more production out of McDermott?  Is he a magician?

Wade took great pride in mentoring Heat rookies and younger players, but I agree, McBuckets needs almost supernatural help.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2016, 10:58:47 PM »
Butler may also be a beneficiary of Wade's mentorship in terms of being a better-received leader in the locker room.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2016, 11:06:21 PM »
Butler may also be a beneficiary of Wade's mentorship in terms of being a better-received leader in the locker room.

Absolutely!  In terms of the reception of Jimmy's leadership, this is a rare case of addition by subtraction AND addition

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2016, 11:08:14 PM »
How can an MU fan not be more psyched about this? Butler to Wade for the jam? It's a dream scenario.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2016, 11:17:43 PM »
Seeing Jimmy and Wade together well be cool (Bucks fan here), but it's going to be a disaster. Rondo is a marginal offensive upgrade over Rose in terms of fit, if at all. This is not a team that has the luxury of resting Wade 3/4 of the year and thinking they can coast to the playoffs. They need a guy who can stepout and knock down 3s, and they just traded him

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2016, 01:54:24 AM »
Seeing Jimmy and Wade together well be cool (Bucks fan here), but it's going to be a disaster. Rondo is a marginal offensive upgrade over Rose in terms of fit, if at all. This is not a team that has the luxury of resting Wade 3/4 of the year and thinking they can coast to the playoffs. They need a guy who can stepout and knock down 3s, and they just traded him

Yea the only thing I'm kinda bummed about is that Dunleavy got shipped out right away