[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade  (Read 46323 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Wade
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2016, 05:04:06 AM »
if you think the NBA salaries are high now, wait until after next year, the salary cap is expected to go to about $107 mil for 2017-18 season.  benchies wil be making $3-6 mil/year
don't...don't don't don't don't

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2016, 05:35:43 AM »
This line from the ESPN article is all I care about.....pretty cool.

Wade and Butler, who are both Marquette products, are looking forward to playing together, according to the source.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2016, 06:24:49 AM »
if you think the NBA salaries are high now, wait until after next year, the salary cap is expected to go to about $107 mil for 2017-18 season.  benchies wil be making $3-6 mil/year

Delly got $9M/year. Leuer got $12M/year. It's already happening.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2016, 07:06:43 AM »
This may have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but isn't Wade taking less $ to go to Chicago over Miami once you take into account state income taxes?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2016, 07:30:49 AM »
This may have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but isn't Wade taking less $ to go to Chicago over Miami once you take into account state income taxes?

Someone else would have to do the math about whether his after-tax pay is more than Florida which has no income tax, but Illinois has one of the lower state income taxes in the country for ultra high earners (it is a flat 3.75% rate for ALL incomes), among states that have an income tax. It is lower than Wisconsin's lowest bracket (4.40%).

So you could say that about literally any team that is located in a state with an income tax.

http://www.money-zine.com/financial-planning/tax-shelter/state-income-tax-rates/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:36:27 AM by Coleman »

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2016, 07:58:37 AM »
Some thoughts:
-   Dunleavy is 35 and just came off of back surgery. Same age as Wade. Not sure what the Bulls could get out of him if at all this year.
-   The Bulls have two guys in McDermott and Mirotic that can shoot. Rondo and Wade can create shots for them.
-   As a MU fan I can only think that this is good for recruiting.

The whole point of the Rondo/Wade deals are for management to not get fired. They screwed this whole thing up through poor drafts in the last few years, signing Hoiberg, etc. Reinsdorf doesn’t pay people to go away, the Bulls are therefore stuck with Hoiberg for the foreseeable future. He was signed for five years I believe.

The signings are a stop gap so they can make the playoffs, in the poor Eastern conference, and can say “but we made the playoffs.” Then they can try to re-tool in the next year or two and hope the McDermott and Mirotic become the players they thought they were when the drafted them.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »
Some thoughts:
-   Dunleavy is 35 and just came off of back surgery. Same age as Wade. Not sure what the Bulls could get out of him if at all this year.
-   The Bulls have two guys in McDermott and Mirotic that can shoot. Rondo and Wade can create shots for them.
-   As a MU fan I can only think that this is good for recruiting.

The whole point of the Rondo/Wade deals are for management to not get fired. They screwed this whole thing up through poor drafts in the last few years, signing Hoiberg, etc. Reinsdorf doesn’t pay people to go away, the Bulls are therefore stuck with Hoiberg for the foreseeable future. He was signed for five years I believe.

The signings are a stop gap so they can make the playoffs, in the poor Eastern conference, and can say “but we made the playoffs.” Then they can try to re-tool in the next year or two and hope the McDermott and Mirotic become the players they thought they were when the drafted them.

Hopefully Valentine can hit the 3 as well and Jimmy shows some improvement. Spacing is going to be an issue.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2016, 08:23:39 AM »
Wade showing a good sense of humor and doing a nice job on the Kelly Ripa show.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2016, 08:30:05 AM »
Diener to the Bulls

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:38:25 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »
The Bulls front office absolutely had no plan.

Exactly. I would imagine that had they thought there was a realistic chance of Wade joining the team, they wouldn't have signed a ball-dominating player like Rondo. They may have been OK rolling with Calderon/Grant/Dinwiddie at the point. They also could have bought low on one of Wade's Miami buddies, Mario Chalmers or Norris Cole to see if they have anything left. Another cheap option could have been high IQ, spot-up shooting PG Isaiah Canaan. Wade and Butler can make plays and run the offense so they could use a PG who can defend and spread the floor. That's definitely not Rondo.

In the end, the Bulls have 3 perimeter players who all want the ball along with some underwhelming bigs.

As a Marquette alum and Bulls fan, I think it'll be great to see Wade in a Bulls uni, but from a purely basketball standpoint, it basically means the Bulls will be battling for a 4-6 seed in the East instead of a 7-8 seed.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
One big benefit of Wades move to Chicago is  we can have our coaches easily show up at Zaires games in the future.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2016, 08:45:04 AM »
Exactly. I would imagine that had they thought there was a realistic chance of Wade joining the team, they wouldn't have signed a ball-dominating player like Rondo. They may have been OK rolling with Calderon/Grant/Dinwiddie at the point. They also could have bought low on one of Wade's Miami buddies, Mario Chalmers or Norris Cole to see if they have anything left. Another cheap option could have been high IQ, spot-up shooting PG Isaiah Canaan. Wade and Butler can make plays and run the offense so they could use a PG who can defend and spread the floor. That's definitely not Rondo.

In the end, the Bulls have 3 perimeter players who all want the ball along with some underwhelming bigs.

As a Marquette alum and Bulls fan, I think it'll be great to see Wade in a Bulls uni, but from a purely basketball standpoint, it basically means the Bulls will be battling for a 4-6 seed in the East instead of a 7-8 seed.

That's kind of where I am falling on this.  They've made themselves good enough to be good...and what does that do you?  This seems to be the exact type of moves that management makes when they are trying to hang on.  Sure, they will win a few more games than last year.  But in the end it really isn't going to matter.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »

Someone else would have to do the math about whether his after-tax pay is more than Florida which has no income tax, but Illinois has one of the lower state income taxes in the country for ultra high earners (it is a flat 3.75% rate for ALL incomes), among states that have an income tax. It is lower than Wisconsin's lowest bracket (4.40%).

So you could say that about literally any team that is located in a state with an income tax.

http://www.money-zine.com/financial-planning/tax-shelter/state-income-tax-rates/

Plus, players are taxed based on where the games are played.  With only half the games at home, the difference probably isn't that much.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2016, 09:09:21 AM »

That's kind of where I am falling on this.  They've made themselves good enough to be good...and what does that do you?  This seems to be the exact type of moves that management makes when they are trying to hang on.  Sure, they will win a few more games than last year.  But in the end it really isn't going to matter.

They'll eventually need to blow it up.  And I have no confidence in this front office to effectively rebuild the team.  So I can wait to suck for a couple of more years and enjoy seeing Jimmy and DWade play together in the meantime. 

And like you said, the Bulls aren't winning the title either way. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2016, 09:14:56 AM »

For many players, this matters. For many, though, the pure top-line numbers are what matter because those equal "respect" in their eyes.

Dwyane Wade doesn't need the tax savings. Assuming his money people aren't idiots or crooks, he already is set for life, Zaire is set for life, and Zaire's great-grandchildren are set for life.

Wade felt disrespected by Riley and Heat ownership. He had to battle for his money last year and he was disappointed that he had to do so again this year.

I have no idea what the tax implications are, but even if $40 million from the Heat might have been worth a few more after-tax dollars than $47 million from the Bulls, Wade undoubtedly felt more respected by the Bulls.

Athletes say, "It's not about the money" all the time, and we roll our eyes at them. But for many of them, it really ISN'T about the money because they've already got so much of it. For LeBron, it was about returning "home." For others, it's about one last shot at an elusive title. For still others, it really is about the respect.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2016, 09:24:29 AM »
This line from the ESPN article is all I care about.....pretty cool.

Wade and Butler, who are both Marquette products, are looking forward to playing together, according to the source.

This.  Seriously, this is MUScoop?  If you want to man-crush on Rondo's hindo or McBucket's McNuggets, then go find a BBS with a picture of Benny the Bull plastered all over it. (aside: fu#k you Benny the Bull, and your name stealing, ABS-whoring mother... I'm not big on puns this morning, but here's a riddle for you: what's red, black and about to be castrated if I ever run into you... put that on your cute little billboard, your crooked-horned, Becky-loving mule raper.)  What warm-blooded MU fan wouldn't be basking in the sheer awesomeness of watching two NBA all-stars who were virtual unknowns and third-class cagers until they stepped foot onto MU's campus starting for the same team.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2016, 09:43:41 AM »
(aside: fu#k you Benny the Bull, and your name stealing, ABS-whoring mother... I'm not big on puns this morning, but here's a riddle for you: what's red, black and about to be castrated if I ever run into you... put that on your cute little billboard, your crooked-horned, Becky-loving mule raper.)

Wow! Sounds like we shouldn't let Benny loose in the corrida.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2016, 09:51:12 AM »
Seeing Jimmy and Wade together well be cool (Bucks fan here), but it's going to be a disaster. Rondo is a marginal offensive upgrade over Rose in terms of fit, if at all. This is not a team that has the luxury of resting Wade 3/4 of the year and thinking they can coast to the playoffs. They need a guy who can stepout and knock down 3s, and they just traded him

Wade played 74 games last year and over 30 MPG.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2016, 11:08:15 AM »
Bold prediction: Jimmy Butler punches Rajon Rondo.  In the face.  On or before the 41st game of the season.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »
One big benefit of Wades move to Chicago is  we can have our coaches easily show up at Zaires games in the future.

Before the trade was announce last night, Glow and I were talking about the possibility (okay, fantasy) of him going to the Bucks, and one of the advantages being that it would be a good possibility that Dwyane's boys would end up attending Marquette High.  Nice and convenient....
Have some patience, FFS.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »

Want to put money that it won't happen again? He has only played in about 80% of the total games in his career and only 78% since he turned 30. He isn't getting any younger. I don't think generalizing and saying 3/4's of the game is a stretch at all.

ETA: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01.html
And his numbers were dipping last year despite a pretty good season. His TS% was down to 52% on less shots. He isn't trending the right way.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:54:49 PM by martyconlonontherun »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »

Last year was an anomaly in that he A.) stayed healthy and B.) wasn't on a team with 2 active all stars that could afford routine nights off. The safe money is on that not happening again.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
Adding Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo to a roster that already has a two-time All-Star and 2009 All-Rookie Team member Taj Gibson should put the Bulls on track to compete for the 2010 NBA title.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2016, 01:32:03 PM »
Adding Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo to a roster that already has a two-time All-Star and 2009 All-Rookie Team member Taj Gibson should put the Bulls on track to compete for the 2010 NBA title.

Same deal with the Knicks. Should be a great ECF.