collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384431 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2000 on: March 20, 2021, 05:35:39 PM »
I run with a nurse giving shots at the Wisconsin Center. Yes, she claims things have gone pretty smoothly.

The hardest part of the process was crossing the street safely afterwards to get to our car :).  We were in and out of there pretty quickly and have our 2nd dose setup in 4 weeks - could have gone back in 3 weeks but they didn't have appointments then - oh well - I'll make it another week...

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2001 on: March 20, 2021, 05:38:09 PM »
Does anyone have any good leads/tips for getting on wasted dose lists in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area?  I have a friend who isn't eligible yet and is trying to get her vaccine as soon as possible.  I know I ran into issues when I tried to get on waiting lists where a lot of places were only adding  you to a waiting list if you were already eligible.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2002 on: March 20, 2021, 07:19:51 PM »
Does anyone have any good leads/tips for getting on wasted dose lists in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area?  I have a friend who isn't eligible yet and is trying to get her vaccine as soon as possible.  I know I ran into issues when I tried to get on waiting lists where a lot of places were only adding  you to a waiting list if you were already eligible.

I called Walgreens and the Wisconsin Center about a month ago and both said they'd put me on their lists. She could try that.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2003 on: March 20, 2021, 08:55:36 PM »
I called Walgreens and the Wisconsin Center about a month ago and both said they'd put me on their lists. She could try that.

I passed along Walgreens to her but I ran into an issue with them with 3 different ones I called who wouldn't put me on their list because I wasn't eligible yet.  But I also told her I have heard of a number of people getting extra doses by either calling Walgreens or stopping in near the end of the day.

Wisconsin Center switched from being run by the Milwaukee health department to FEMA recently and I thought I heard they weren't doing waiting lists now but it's worth checking out.

Thanks

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2004 on: March 21, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »
J&J vaccine today at Walmart. Well run.
5 hours in, no side effects. Guy giving vaccine said he had same one and other than sore arm, no impact.
Found it through vaccinespotter.org. It seems most Floridians think you can only get the shot at Publix. Walmart and Walgreens seem to drop appointments after midnight.
Though now it should be harder with only 2 day notice dropping the age to 50. Sites will be slammed.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2005 on: March 21, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »
If you’re still looking to book an appointment, just set your phone clock to an international time zone, Australia is what my wife and I used. Works like a charm, we both easily got appointments for tomorrow. I even was able to have options as to which vaccine with this method (went with Pfizer only because it was much closer than the J&J).

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2006 on: March 21, 2021, 04:57:12 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised to see how many choices I had for sites and dates/times for vaccines in the greater Milwaukee area as a 1C eligible person.  I got my first shot yesterday even when 1C officially starts tomorrow.  I was expecting it to be much harder to get an appointment than it was.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2007 on: March 21, 2021, 05:17:47 PM »
If you’re still looking to book an appointment, just set your phone clock to an international time zone, Australia is what my wife and I used. Works like a charm, we both easily got appointments for tomorrow. I even was able to have options as to which vaccine with this method (went with Pfizer only because it was much closer than the J&J).

I have heard of that working here in Minnesota as well. People have been setting their clocks to London time, and grabbing appointments late at night, before other locals can see them.

Never tried it myself, as I got called from a wait list. Final Pfizer shot in 10 days!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2008 on: March 21, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »
Got appts for me and the old lady in Dodgeville this week. 

A friend went to Janesville from Madison.

Seems to be more spots in rural/small cities than Madison/Milwaukee.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2009 on: March 21, 2021, 07:52:22 PM »

Same here in MN. Lotsa people in twin cities are heading out of town to minimize the wait.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2010 on: March 21, 2021, 08:13:31 PM »

I found a ton of openings in the greater Milwaukee area for this upcoming week and that's without even looking at Walgreen's where I know a lot of people have gone for the vaccine.  I had my choice of several locations to go to and ended up picking the Wisconsin Center because they were taking 1C people a few days early and I could get in there yesterday.  They had a super efficient operation going there too.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2011 on: March 21, 2021, 09:18:44 PM »
Same thing in the Chicago area. People heading to the state sites in Quincy for J&J, or to Springfield, Danville, even Carbondale. Booking Walgreens in the Peoria area. The state sites downstate, you could practically walk in right now and get a shot.
Maybe somewhat surprisingly, people have also been having more difficulty in the suburban collar counties, their health departments don’t seem to have organized mass sites as quickly. Nor have most of the suburban areas announced plans for homebound people.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2012 on: March 21, 2021, 09:38:16 PM »
Same thing in the Chicago area. People heading to the state sites in Quincy for J&J, or to Springfield, Danville, even Carbondale. Booking Walgreens in the Peoria area. The state sites downstate, you could practically walk in right now and get a shot.
Maybe somewhat surprisingly, people have also been having more difficulty in the suburban collar counties, their health departments don’t seem to have organized mass sites as quickly. Nor have most of the suburban areas announced plans for homebound people.

You’re not wrong, but I got mine scheduled for a Walgreens in Wheeling tomorrow (I’m in Elgin). But there are a ton available south of I-80, that’s for sure.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2013 on: March 21, 2021, 09:52:17 PM »
fwiw, i have a nephew who has worked as an animator for south park for 10 + years.  not exactly a hot bed of conservatives.  viacom has sent all employees a contract with one of the stipulations that they MUST GET VACCINATED in order to return.  they were supposed to resume writing 2 weeks or so ago, then it became last week.  now, he has no idea when they will resume writing.  according to him, he estimates about 40% are against the vaccine and may not sign the contract.  hmmmm and this is los angeles, believe it or not.  just saying
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2014 on: March 21, 2021, 10:27:48 PM »
fwiw, i have a nephew who has worked as an animator for south park for 10 + years.  not exactly a hot bed of conservatives.  viacom has sent all employees a contract with one of the stipulations that they MUST GET VACCINATED in order to return.  they were supposed to resume writing 2 weeks or so ago, then it became last week.  now, he has no idea when they will resume writing.  according to him, he estimates about 40% are against the vaccine and may not sign the contract.  hmmmm and this is los angeles, believe it or not.  just saying

So you're saying...about 40% of the population isn't exactly racing for the vaccine?  Shocking:
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-february-2021/

Please get vaccinated folks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:30:56 PM by rocky_warrior »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2015 on: March 21, 2021, 11:15:19 PM »
So you're saying...about 40% of the population isn't exactly racing for the vaccine?  Shocking:
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-february-2021/

Please get vaccinated folks.

no, just a btw kinda thing.  "rumor' has it that the vaccine thing was more along party lines.  yes, i do realize it still may be heavier on the "R" side, but again, just saying...many people are wary of any kind of "forced" inoculations including fluoride.   oh, and another btw, i'm all good with people not wanting fluoride.  i'm just here to help...i do root canals and extractions too  ;D

and btw III - i am vaccinated
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2016 on: March 21, 2021, 11:41:48 PM »
  no, just a btw kinda thing.  "rumor' has it that the vaccine thing was more along party lines.  yes, i do realize it still may be heavier on the "R" side, but again, just saying...many people are wary of any kind of "forced" inoculations including fluoride.   oh, and another btw, i'm all good with people not wanting fluoride.  i'm just here to help...i do root canals and extractions too  ;D

and btw III - i am vaccinated

Please just read the link.  It's not just an R thing.  That may be the largest segment, but the link breaks it down well.  For instance:  "One-Third Of Young Adults And Black Adults, One-Quarter Of Hispanic Adults Want To “Wait And See” Before Getting Vaccinated". 

Not everything is as partisan as you want to make it.  Just pointing out the polls have shown slightly more than 40% are waiting or worse..  We need to encourage all to get vaccinated. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2017 on: March 22, 2021, 10:53:11 AM »
US study shows Astra Zeneca vaccine 79% effective with no serious side effects. The company plans to seek emergency use authorization soon. As the article below mentions, it probably won’t make a huge difference in the US, but it might help bolster worldwide confidence in the vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/22/business/astrazeneca-covid-vaccine.html

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #2018 on: March 22, 2021, 02:37:37 PM »
I found a ton of openings in the greater Milwaukee area for this upcoming week and that's without even looking at Walgreen's where I know a lot of people have gone for the vaccine.  I had my choice of several locations to go to and ended up picking the Wisconsin Center because they were taking 1C people a few days early and I could get in there yesterday.  They had a super efficient operation going there too.

My wife and I were both able to find openings through the Pick n Save pharmacy this week. The process would often show an opening which would be claimed before I could hit submit, but through a number of refreshes, I was able to get in tomorrow. I also tried a few different zip codes, since the radius offered is only 20 miles. That seemed to help find new openings as well.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2019 on: March 22, 2021, 04:05:46 PM »
First one done. Shots in, so I can finally get some shots up.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2020 on: March 22, 2021, 04:08:27 PM »
Evers OKs dentists to vaccinate as millions become eligible

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-coronavirus-pandemic-cde50b0da629795387dab573a2f0aac2

Perhaps Scoop's resident dentists can help get WI vaccinated more quickly.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2021 on: March 22, 2021, 04:39:22 PM »
Evers OKs dentists to vaccinate as millions become eligible

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-coronavirus-pandemic-cde50b0da629795387dab573a2f0aac2

Perhaps Scoop's resident dentists can help get WI vaccinated more quickly.

break out the nitrous oxide.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2022 on: March 22, 2021, 05:20:54 PM »
First dose in for me as well. Quite honestly feels invigorating and a real sense of hope.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2024 on: March 22, 2021, 06:58:07 PM »
When arby's follows suit, look out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback