Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194082 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #925 on: October 26, 2018, 10:16:11 AM »
Get to the games early.

People who don't move the tickets to Apple Wallet or Dropbox, or simply don't know to take a snapshot ahead of time, are going to be logging into their Marquette Account at the turnstiles. 

It's going to be slow, it's going to be frustrating, it's going to be a cluster!

Yep.  I was lamenting that I was going to have to log in last night and that it would take some time.  Was chatting with my buddy Eng and he said 'screen shot Glow'.  Of course.  Made it reasonably painless at the door.

By the way, #nored is getting big.  (And much better looking than his dad.)   ;D

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #926 on: October 26, 2018, 10:17:58 AM »
While I sympathized with those who dislike the all electronic ticket setup, I didn't think it was a very big deal.  Until last night... as I entered the FF and had connectivity issues when trying to bring up the tickets.  While I now know that may happen and I will personally be prepared for next time, I can only imagine the cluster it's going to cause on busy game days. It'll end up being a headache for all because a portion of the crowd will have issues.

Which is why it's a good thing that E-tickets are not mandatory until next season.  Given a year acclimation period, I have little doubt that even the least tech savvy people will be fine.  Like you said, once you have a problem once, you will know exactly how to avoid it in the future.  Figure out what you're doing wrong against Carroll, or UMBC, so everything goes fine against UW, or K-State.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #927 on: October 26, 2018, 10:23:31 AM »
Here's the other update.  The season ticket gift is the infamous clear backpack.  You know where that is going for '19-'20.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #928 on: October 26, 2018, 10:26:57 AM »
Use your computer print it

For Cubs game (at least) StubHub has eliminated the Print at Home Option.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #929 on: October 26, 2018, 10:32:16 AM »
Calling that clear piece of junk a backpack is a stretch.
I'd rather have the sticker that was needlessly wasted in the process.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #930 on: October 26, 2018, 10:45:06 AM »
Calling that clear piece of junk a backpack is a stretch.
I'd rather have the sticker that was needlessly wasted in the process.

While true, it's the 'standard' CBP that is routinely given away by teams and is carried in droves into football/basketball venues across the country.  Is it valuable?  Not really.  Until you're told to bring one.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #931 on: October 26, 2018, 11:04:47 AM »
While true, it's the 'standard' CBP that is routinely given away by teams and is carried in droves into football/basketball venues across the country.  Is it valuable?  Not really.  Until you're told to bring one.

Yep. Talk to everyone who went to the DePaul game at Wintrust that had to walk their wives back to the car with her purse before they were let in.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #932 on: October 26, 2018, 11:08:11 AM »

I think it's a NBA rule as well like the NFL where most fans have season tickets.  In the MLB, this would be very difficult to enforce because of fan turnover.  Blame the nutcases, not the teams.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #933 on: October 26, 2018, 11:22:02 AM »
I think it's a NBA rule as well like the NFL where most fans have season tickets.  In the MLB, this would be very difficult to enforce because of fan turnover.  Blame the nutcases, not the teams.

It'll be the rule for MU by next year.  Book it.  No blame for the teams, of course.  Just reality in these increasingly crazy times.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #934 on: October 26, 2018, 12:00:40 PM »

Ok, then let's call it a clear purse.  Great give them away to women at the first few games, and explain what they are to be used for.

To give it as a "Season Ticket Holder Gift" is just weird.  I am one of those guys that don't carry a purse. 
If you can't give away a window decal, a hat, a pen, a flag, a keychain, etc - just don't give a gift.  I'd be fine with that, too.

It's cheap, tacky, weird, in the trash, I'm over it.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #935 on: October 26, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »
Maybe that's where the big savings from the transition to e-tickets are going

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #936 on: October 26, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
Ok, then let's call it a clear purse.  Great give them away to women at the first few games, and explain what they are to be used for.

To give it as a "Season Ticket Holder Gift" is just weird.  I am one of those guys that don't carry a purse. 
If you can't give away a window decal, a hat, a pen, a flag, a keychain, etc - just don't give a gift.  I'd be fine with that, too.

It's cheap, tacky, weird, in the trash, I'm over it.

You seem a little upset today.  For a Friday nonetheless.  About something you got for 'free' that will have actual utility for many women who would otherwise have to buy something by next season.  And to do that you actually exerted effort by going into the room behind 103, giving them your name, having them look you up, and seeing the boxes of 'clear purses' that were obvious the moment you walked through the door.  Fine, you threw it out.  Just seems like no biggie to me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:48:04 PM by jsglow »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #937 on: October 26, 2018, 01:09:55 PM »
It'll be the rule for MU by next year.  Book it.  No blame for the teams, of course.  Just reality in these increasingly crazy times.

Inevitable.  That said, I do agree with 94.  Kinda chintzy as a "STH Gift". My beer bottle sweater vest is far more utilitarian ;)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #938 on: October 26, 2018, 01:13:57 PM »
Inevitable.  That said, I do agree with 94.  Kinda chintzy as a "STH Gift". My beer bottle sweater vest is far more utilitarian ;)

A beer bottle sweater vest is outstanding.   :)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #939 on: October 26, 2018, 02:48:07 PM »
For Cubs game (at least) StubHub has eliminated the Print at Home Option.
You can print screen. Like a screenshot
Goal is National Championship

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #940 on: October 26, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
Which is why it's a good thing that E-tickets are not mandatory until next season.  Given a year acclimation period, I have little doubt that even the least tech savvy people will be fine.  Like you said, once you have a problem once, you will know exactly how to avoid it in the future.  Figure out what you're doing wrong against Carroll, or UMBC, so everything goes fine against UW, or K-State.

Just wait until one day the FF's ticket reading system goes down, that's when the fun really starts. I've been at a stadium where that happened.  It's like watching a teenager today at a McDonald's try to make change with the register not doing it for them.  Pure terror on their face. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #941 on: October 26, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »
Just wait until one day the FF's ticket reading system goes down, that's when the fun really starts. I've been at a stadium where that happened.  It's like watching a teenager today at a McDonald's try to make change with the register not doing it for them.  Pure terror on their face.

I mean, I guess so, but wouldn't that result in the exact same problems if they were paper tickets?  That seems like it would be a nightmare regardless of the ticket format, and I'd also guess that they would have a set of contingency plans in place.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #942 on: October 26, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »
I mean, I guess so, but wouldn't that result in the exact same problems if they were paper tickets?  That seems like it would be a nightmare regardless of the ticket format, and I'd also guess that they would have a set of contingency plans in place.

That was my first thought as well. Don't all tickets need the ticket reading system now? It's been years since the last time I went to an event and they took my paper ticket and handed me a stub back.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #943 on: October 26, 2018, 03:55:00 PM »
At least we won't have the paper ticket in February with the mofo that transferred out back in November as the featured player.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #944 on: October 26, 2018, 03:59:58 PM »
That was my first thought as well. Don't all tickets need the ticket reading system now? It's been years since the last time I went to an event and they took my paper ticket and handed me a stub back.
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra at the Marcus Center surprisingly still does that.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #945 on: October 26, 2018, 11:50:06 PM »
At least we won't have the paper ticket in February with the mofo that transferred out back in November as the featured player.
Hoping we won't have that this season.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:53:19 PM by 94Warrior »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #946 on: October 27, 2018, 12:04:52 AM »
Not having hard copy tickets is a marketing disconnect. Many people keep the tickets as souvenirs and memories.  A very cheap form of long term marketing .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #947 on: October 27, 2018, 12:13:24 AM »
Not having hard copy tickets is a marketing disconnect. Many people keep the tickets as souvenirs and memories.  A very cheap form of long term marketing .

Buy a program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #948 on: October 27, 2018, 05:46:19 AM »
Buy a program.

I honestly don't know what programs go for ($5, $10, more?) but they aren't as easily framable as a ticket.

And I hope those clear bags double as diaper bags. My wife already stopped bringing her purse to games years ago because of all the hassle it causes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

checkmarq

• Walk-On
« Reply #949 on: October 27, 2018, 07:25:11 AM »
Seems like the backpack/ denial of opaque bags might cause issues for younger families. I get that it is only a couple of hours and you can probably fit a fair amount of crap in the clear bag, but I don't envision many couple's taking young kids to the game with a reduced ability to take care of business.