[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Adios, Carolyn Kieger  (Read 23233 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Adios, Carolyn Kieger (?)
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2019, 03:52:10 PM »
No, your "gaffe" was because you are socially inept.

That's the funniest thing I've seen online today, especially coming from you. And that includes a post of a Marquette Parent asking who she should contact about the lack of bacon at the Commons omelet station this morning.

Social skills include avoiding behavior that identifies oneself as an  a$$hole and a misogynist. The good ones are able to be a little less obvious about it.
Have some patience, FFS.

drbob

• Scholarship Player
Re: Adios, Carolyn Kieger
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2019, 03:54:29 PM »
Too bad Coach Kieger didn't have enough confidence in her ability to recruit a championship program at good old MU. She was certainly on the right track. Guess there is no such thing as loyalty anymore, it is just follow the cash. Penn State has certainly not been  a powerhouse in women's basketball, i would have loved to see her bring our program to prominence. Certainly enjoyed watching her coach.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2019, 03:57:28 PM »
Too bad Coach Kieger didn't have enough confidence in her ability to recruit a championship program at good old MU. She was certainly on the right track. Guess there is no such thing as loyalty anymore, it is just follow the cash. Penn State has certainly not been  a powerhouse in women's basketball, i would have loved to see her bring our program to prominence. Certainly enjoyed watching her coach.

Are you suggesting that she owes MU more loyalty because she is an alum?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »
And that includes a post of a Marquette Parent asking who she should contact about the lack of bacon at the Commons omelet station this morning.

I feel like this is important enough to go straight to Lovell.

Also, the Kieger interview was a little offputting. A little surprising coming from someone who played at MU. Although I’m sure she realized that people would be having a hard time figuring out why she’s leaving her alma mater where she had success.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »
I feel like this is important enough to go straight to Lovell.

If my kid was stupid enough to complain about this to me, they would have gotten a smack upside the head and the comment, "you have an effing OMELET STATION in your dorm cafeteria and you are bitching? You should have seen the gruel we were forced to eat!"
Have some patience, FFS.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2019, 04:19:57 PM »
If my kid was stupid enough to complain about this to me, they would have gotten a smack upside the head and the comment, "you have an effing OMELET STATION in your dorm cafeteria and you are bitching? You should have seen the gruel we were forced to eat!"

I ate ham and cheese omelets every morning in Mashuda. That was our only meat option and I never thought to complain.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2019, 04:20:25 PM »
Penn State has certainly not been  a powerhouse in women's basketball, i would have loved to see her bring our program to prominence.
Lady Lions became just the twelfth program in NCAA Division I history to reach 850 wins. Penn State has won 8 regular season Big Ten titles and the first 2 Big Ten tournament titles in 1995 and 1996. 25 NCAA Touraments and one Final Four.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »
I ate ham and cheese omelets every morning in Mashuda. That was our only meat option and I never thought to complain.

Once in awhile there would be a tray of pre-made American cheese omelets, but that's about as good as it got.
Have some patience, FFS.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2019, 04:37:14 PM »
Between Coach Mitchell, her leaving, decommitts and transfers all added up to the TOTAL drastic class unbalance.... ?-(

There were only transfers that I know of when Mitchell left - 3 of the 4 recruits in her last class transferred after their freshmen year and then Kieger brought in 8 players in her first class which is now 6 as seniors.  But the 8 recruits this coming year was on Kieger for being unbalanced in my opinion.  She didn't recruit a lot of depth behind the current seniors but it might have been difficult to do so with not much playing time available I realize.  But now there is likely not to be a class of 8 this fall anyway...

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2019, 04:39:19 PM »
She's probably waiting to see who the new coach is.  However, she goes to HS like four blocks from MU's campus.  I gotta imagine MU is still VERY MUCH in the mix.

But how much of a chance does MU have at this point - it will be awhile before they have a new coach in place and in the meantime she's talking to a lot of other schools. 

And I have to wonder what other recruits have made or will make a similar decision - not all of them are going to announce this on twitter.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2019, 04:52:36 PM »
Crash

I agree with chick on this one, that really is the funniest thing I read online today.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2019, 05:05:13 PM »
I was at MU in the early 70’s.
Omelets? We were lucky to have powdered eggs.....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2019, 05:11:28 PM »
I was at MU in the early 70’s.
Omelets? We were lucky to have powdered eggs.....

Yep, the kids today are spoiled and soft: Made to order omelets, brick pizza oven, BBQ smoker.. No wonder they expect their parents to demand answers when the ketchup dispenser is empty (another classic post).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:13:41 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »
If I understand things right you can't officially reopen your recruitment, until you're officially released from your LOI..As far as I remember most school's whether men's or women's, will typically not give you a release until you have at least met with the new Coach..sounds reasonable..why was Scholl so quick to give Shemera one without her even meeting with Scholl at minimum?
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

drbob

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2019, 05:36:30 PM »
So Penn State's major success was 24 years ago. I admit I don't follow women's basketball as closely as men's, but I never heard them mentioned in the same breath as Tennessee, Stanford,Connecticut and Notre Dame. And yes Fluffy, I see nothing wrong with having loyalty to your Alma mater and the school that gave you your first major opportunity to coach !!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
why was Scholl so quick to give Shemera one without her even meeting with Scholl at minimum?

I think that's the new normal because ultimately you're going to release the kid if they want to be released. I think it's a show of good faith rather than strong arming the recruit. From a strategic perspective, the hope would be that the show of good faith encourages them to consider your program seriously going forward rather than just giving a courtesy meeting to get the release they want.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2019, 05:45:24 PM »
So Penn State's major success was 24 years ago. I admit I don't follow women's basketball as closely as men's, but I never heard them mentioned in the same breath as Tennessee, Stanford,Connecticut and Notre Dame. And yes Fluffy, I see nothing wrong with having loyalty to your Alma mater and the school that gave you your first major opportunity to coach !!

So she should be bound to work there for the rest of her career.

In no other profession does that make sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2019, 05:46:00 PM »
So Penn State's major success was 24 years ago. I admit I don't follow women's basketball as closely as men's, but I never heard them mentioned in the same breath as Tennessee, Stanford,Connecticut and Notre Dame.
Penn State was really good 20 years ago. The program has dropped. Hence, the coaching hire.

NCAA Tournament Final Four
NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
1983, 1994, 2000, 2004
NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
1982, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2012, 2014
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2019, 06:03:35 PM »
If I understand things right you can't officially reopen your recruitment, until you're officially released from your LOI..As far as I remember most school's whether men's or women's, will typically not give you a release until you have at least met with the new Coach..sounds reasonable..why was Scholl so quick to give Shemera one without her even meeting with Scholl at minimum?

before social media sure, but now all a kid needs to do is complain online and the school is backed into a corner.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2019, 06:18:01 PM »
By the way, how many patents do you have?

I have 12, one for each inch.

I am the most believable poster on Scoop, thusly.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2019, 06:20:56 PM »
before social media sure, but now all a kid needs to do is complain online and the school is backed into a corner.

Or just ask for more ketchup or bacon.

Wait, wrong topic inside this topic.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2019, 06:50:12 PM »

They were pretty good for a number of years when Rene Portland coached there and there was a bit of controversy with her.  Coquese Washington had success at first when she arrived but had fallen off quite a bit the last few years.

Penn State brings back some memories as I went to a Marquette NCAA Tourney game there in 1995 - Penn State was a pretty big power back then as I recall and yes I realize that was awhile ago :).

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2019, 06:51:54 PM »

This - I think Marquette would have gotten toasted on twitter if it came out that they wouldn't release her from her LOI right away.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2019, 07:16:39 PM »

Penn State brings back some memories as I went to a Marquette NCAA Tourney game there in 1995 - Penn State was a pretty big power back then as I recall and yes I realize that was awhile ago :).
I believe it was ODU, Kansas State, Penn State and UConn at the MECCA.
-Bill Walton

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2019, 07:29:34 PM »
I believe it was ODU, Kansas State, Penn State and UConn at the MECCA.

Yeah - that was the Kelly Mazzante era at Penn State then - she was quite the scorer.