Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Rothstein: Marquette emerging as landing spot for transfer Lockett  (Read 9511 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Where are you getting my distaste for him? I recall saying he seemed like a very nice person and liked MU. I said I thought it would be better for him to go JUCO or prep for a year and I still stand by that. Your the one who said it would be better to have him sit on the bench at MU. So would you still have him on the bench instead of Lockett?

Sorry, I meant your distaste for him coming to Marquette this year. I still want Durley to come. I've been bullish on our team next year for quite awhile, and feel that Blue, Mayo, and TJ will be a more potent scoring trio than most expect. I think we'll have 5 guys in double-figures, and while we won't have the individuals putting up numbers, I do think we'll be harder to stop offensively as a team next year than we were this year.

Lockett would give us another scoring option, and I think he'd be a solid addition, but I don't see it as a need situation. And in terms of what I'd have...I'd rather have both Durley and Lockett in 2012-13, if I were playing fantasy college basketball. Which is a possibility. I think Durley benefits more from being here, getting acclimated, building strength with Todd Smith, and practicing against Otule and Gardner, even as a redshirt, than he does blowing a year or two of eligibility at a JUCO. And if disaster strikes again next year and suddenly we are down two big men (like we were this year) I would definitely like to have another option there on the bench.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Ive been right there with you hoop. It remains hard to have an opinion on this board without getting bashed for it. I respect your opinion and everyone else's.

I personally thought he was borderline on coming here after seeing how he didn't get the playing time he deserved in high school. I thought it would be in his, and the teams best interest for him to go JUCO or prep for a year. Then the Otule injury happened and that made it seem even more likely this would happen. I want Durley to be the next center in line behind DG and Otule, but he might have to take a slight detour on his route to MU. I would take a proven scorer in Lockett next year and let Durley develop for a year before coming on to campus.

That was my contention UltimateWarrior.  Let him go to prep school and play on someone else's dime to develop.  He doesn't play for his team right now, rides the pine and was not offered by many schools that would imply he is ready.  Buzz can make mistakes (Roseboro) and there is no shame in that.  He is a project and it sounds like his comments now are saying the same thing Ultimate and I said in November.

Nov 27, 2011

"So when I said a few weeks ago that pretty much no one of any high merit had offered him based on the actual articles on his recruitment it wasn't off.  Of course that didn't stop those that identify themselves as man crushers from taking swipes and invoking other coaches (for no reason).  You can't teach size, which this kid has.  If he was as good as advertised, one would expect to have more offers than Chattanooga, South Florida and South Alabama.

Seems a good move by Buzz to let him develop on someone else's dime and scholarship.  If it works out, he can come to play at MU, but you're as good as who has offered you a scholarship not a bunch of schools sending letters and claiming to recruit you.  A significant difference."

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28601.msg330025#msg330025
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Sounds an awful lot like:  "I knew when we recruited Tyshawn Taylor to Marquette that he was a National Championship caliber guard."

Easy to see the love affair Hoop has with Tom Crean, as they both like telling everybody how right they were.

I didn't say that, but we all know who did because you are bringing it up.  He was right.  Taylor just helped lead his team to the National Championship game this year.  That type of analysis is missed. 

Sounds an awful lot like the other posters here that are bringing up posts and threads from 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 5 years ago.  I guess AnotherMU84, Tower, and a guy named Ners are like Tom Crean because they like telling everybody how right they were.   :o

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32125.msg383462#msg383462

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=31629.msg372635#msg372635

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I didn't say that, but we all know who did because you are bringing it up.  He was right.  Taylor just helped lead his team to the National Championship game this year.  That type of analysis is missed.

Well, that kind of "right" is the same as a broken clock. It's right twice a day.

What would Crean say about Dameon Mason and Nick Williams? Were they all also National Championship caliber? Both were 4-star recruits, just like Taylor, and both were rated higher. Yet neither had that type of career, and not just because they didn't play at Kansas.

I really don't care much about Crean one way or the other any more. But I'm not a fan of that kind of self-aggrandizing drivel from anyone, especially when it's after the fact. That statement would have had value if Crean had made it four years ago. Saying it now is an empty statement.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warthog-driver

• All American
I'm not a fan of that kind of self-aggrandizing drivel from anyone, especially when it's after the fact. That statement would have had value if Crean had made it four years ago. Saying it now is an empty statement.

That summarizes Tanned Tommy to a tee.

feedback