'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269507 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #800 on: February 28, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Most likely Big East Scenarios

Win out- 5 seed
Beat X, lose to Creighton- 5 seed
Lose to X, beat Creighton- 6 seed
Lose Out- 7 seed
Are these seeds for NCAA or BET

muguru

• All American
« Reply #801 on: February 28, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #802 on: February 28, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »
Heck, that's why I have said, I will take an 11 or 12 any day, as long as it's not in Dayton. MU could beat a 5 seed(if a 12) Easily, and could beat a 6(if an 11). Then if seeding held, they'd get a 4(definitely winnable) or a 3(bring it on).
Totally agree with you, i just want to get in this year. But going off your point if we are a 11 seed we could easily beat a 6 seed then play most likely a 3 seed which is winnable too, better chance at a run. Also if we beat a 6 seed we will have momentum going into the next game. But anyway lets focus on getting in first

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #803 on: February 28, 2017, 12:11:46 PM »
"Marquette has some good wins, but a lot of losses. The Golden Eagles didn't play a very good non-conference schedule and is paying for that a little bit now as well. Marquette lost a tough one at Providence that it looked like it had control of. They don't really need quality wins, but have nothing but quality opponents left."

Per Jerry Palm on cbs sports

He has us "on the fence"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #804 on: February 28, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
We could beat KU. But they are gonna beat us 9/10 times on a neutral court.

Honestly, I don't give a crap what seed we get. I just want to get in. Avoiding Dayton would be ideal, but even last 4 in would be fine by me at this point.

Same.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #805 on: February 28, 2017, 12:14:40 PM »
We could beat KU. But they are gonna beat us 9/10 times on a neutral court.

Honestly, I don't give a crap what seed we get. I just want to get in. Avoiding Dayton would be ideal, but even last 4 in would be fine by me at this point.
What do you mean by avoid dayton? Like playing in dayton or the team?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #806 on: February 28, 2017, 12:18:05 PM »
What do you mean by avoid dayton? Like playing in dayton or the team?

The First Four play-in games are played in Dayton.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #807 on: February 28, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »
Ohh. Definitely hope we can avoid that. But i mean lets focus on getting in first 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #808 on: February 28, 2017, 12:33:40 PM »
Ohh. Definitely hope we can avoid that. But i mean lets focus on getting in first

What we focus on doesn't matter, but honestly I'd be fine w Dayton this year. That said, I hope we can win 2 of the next 3 and I don't think we'll need to worry about having to play in Dayton.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:40:19 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #809 on: February 28, 2017, 12:46:29 PM »
We could beat KU. But they are gonna beat us 9.5/10 times on a neutral court.

Exactly.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

poman

• Walk-On
« Reply #810 on: February 28, 2017, 02:08:14 PM »
We have proven two things this year  1)  We can beat anybody!   2) We can lose to anybody!

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2017, 02:32:37 PM »
What we focus on doesn't matter, but honestly I'd be fine w Dayton this year. That said, I hope we can win 2 of the next 3 and I don't think we'll need to worry about having to play in Dayton.

Why the hell do you continue to have that JJJ at pg in every single post?? its getting annoying and old

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #812 on: February 28, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #814 on: February 28, 2017, 03:33:01 PM »
Why the hell do you continue to have that JJJ at pg in every single post?? its getting annoying and old

It's a signature bud
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 03:36:49 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #815 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »

It's his signature. Part of long tradition of posters using quotes of other posters saying ridiculous things to have them enshrined in the immortal halls of scoopdom.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #816 on: February 28, 2017, 04:53:56 PM »
It's his signature. Part of long tradition of posters using quotes of other posters saying ridiculous things to have them enshrined in the immortal halls of scoopdom.

It is a nice passive aggressive way to say "I think I'm better than you."

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #817 on: February 28, 2017, 05:36:15 PM »
I know we all want to go 2-0 this week and then have success in the BET.  But do you guys think we punch our ticket baring something truly crazy with a win at Xavier tomorrow?  Road wins count for so very much.

Actually, based on RPI, not losing at home usually helps more that winning on the road. I don't have time to run numbers, but my guess is if we win one this week, Creighton would help us more than Xavier.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #818 on: February 28, 2017, 05:38:35 PM »
I actually want to play in Dayton. The team could use a game against a so-called equal team to get their feet wet. If they cannot beat another 11 or 12 seed they are not going to beat a 5 or 6th seed. I think getting a win under their belt would help them greatly in the next game.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #819 on: February 28, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »
But road neutral record is obviously something the committee looks at closely.....and ours could use some help.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #820 on: February 28, 2017, 05:48:17 PM »
Actually, based on RPI, not losing at home usually helps more that winning on the road. I don't have time to run numbers, but my guess is if we win one this week, Creighton would help us more than Xavier.

Yah I think our RPI is one point higher w a win vs CU as opposed to @ X.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #821 on: February 28, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
If they cannot beat another 11 or 12 seed they are not going to beat a 5 or 6th seed. I think getting a win under their belt would help them greatly in the next game.

Actually, I think the weight of evidence shows that MU is precisely the kind of team that would lose to an 11 or 12 but beat a 5 or 6.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #822 on: February 28, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
Yah I think our RPI is one point higher w a win vs CU as opposed to @ X.

I ran the numbers anyway. 62 RPI if we beat Creighton and lose to Xavier, 65 RPI if we beat Xavier and lose to Creighton.

As valuable as road wins are, not losing at home is more important in that system.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #823 on: February 28, 2017, 06:29:17 PM »
I actually want to play in Dayton. The team could use a game against a so-called equal team to get their feet wet. If they cannot beat another 11 or 12 seed they are not going to beat a 5 or 6th seed. I think getting a win under their belt would help them greatly in the next game.
The problem with that is a loss in Dayton. We're we even in the tournament then? Scoopers would say yes, the rest of the bracket filling world says no.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #824 on: February 28, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
The problem with that is a loss in Dayton. We're we even in the tournament then? Scoopers would say yes, the rest of the bracket filling world says no.

Counts as an NCAA tournament appearance.  You're right, not as many people who don't give a rip about CBB but may happen to fill out a bracket will take notice of Marquette's inclusion, but at the end of the day, that is no where near to top of my list of concerns.  As a fan, I (we) have been glued to this team since Vandy in early November.  We haven't seen a tourney game since Syracuse in 2013.  Give me anything while us die hards continue to wait for brighter days ahead.

I don't get the notion that the play-in games aren't making the tourney.  Sure, it'd suck getting bounced before Thursday, but it is a hell of a lot better than not being there at all. For me, it would make this roller coaster season an ultimate success in my eyes, and the ups and downs over the past few months that much more bittersweet.  Nothing like March Madess IMO, and ya just never now.  Wouldn't be surprised to Marquette win two games and find themselves in the round of 32 on Saturday/Sunday against a WV, a Duke, a Cinci, maybe a St. Mary's or even a Wisconsin. Potentially winnable games if the right guys get hot.