'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kam-pfire  (Read 5761 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Kam-pfire
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2024, 08:01:42 PM »
I wasn't at Fiserv, so I can't speak to the vibe there, but I thought the team played with an incredible amount of energy. We beat Xavier to almost every loose basketball, and our guys made several outstanding plays just with their hustle.

Chase Ross didn't score a single point tonight, but his dive to the floor to grab the ball and then flip it up-court to Kam for the layup was the play of the night IMHO.

We also got great hustle plays from Kolek, Jop, Gold, Lowery, Norman and of course Stevie. Effen Stevie was Mr. Energy every second he was on the court.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2024, 08:07:20 PM »
21 Jumpstreet

That was a low energy day at the office. To be honest, that is a good sign to me. Nice to have a messing around day and no stress.

Thirding the low energy. Hopefully the recruiting still liked the atmosphere as that was my main concern once the team was up 20.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2024, 08:19:44 PM »
Even scoop is low energy.  Game thread was only 8 pages.   SOTG still on the first page.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2024, 08:29:37 PM »
Tre does a nice job using his body strength to create space when he goes in for a lay up. Going to be a solid player in the coming years.

Yea.  Had a very nice controlled drive to the right side of the hoop for a lay in.  Very nice

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2024, 08:33:00 PM »
Even scoop is low energy.  Game thread was only 8 pages.   SOTG still on the first page.

What's wrong with everyone???  I'm hoping it's just the weird Sunday tip time.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2024, 08:35:33 PM »
It'll be fine.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2024, 08:35:45 PM »

Or we were at the game!   It was crowded!   

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2024, 08:37:15 PM »
I wasn't at Fiserv, so I can't speak to the vibe there, but I thought the team played with an incredible amount of energy. We beat Xavier to almost every loose basketball, and our guys made several outstanding plays just with their hustle.

Chase Ross didn't score a single point tonight, but his dive to the floor to grab the ball and then flip it up-court to Kam for the layup was the play of the night IMHO.

We also got great hustle plays from Kolek, Jop, Gold, Lowery, Norman and of course Stevie. Effen Stevie was Mr. Energy every second he was on the court.

Was at the game and the hustle was some of the best we have seen all year.   Terrific to see , with some outstanding results as you pointed out.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2024, 08:44:30 PM »
Flew in to MKE for this one. Disappointed with the low-key crowd and so many empty seats. Also did not like the tacky “Make Noise” prompts on the Jumbotron nor the smarmy “events” during time outs. Thought I was in Providence at times.

But the FSF is a great venue and it was a solid win. So I guess it’s not to complain, especially since 50 years later we have a Lucas in the scoring column.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2024, 08:44:48 PM »

Not sure.

I had tons of energy all day and at the game, and still do now.

If anything, I’ll be home 3 hrs before bedtime!

Need more content

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2024, 08:50:49 PM »
I'm just saying once in awhile.  If you watched Creighton/SJU I think you'll agree that shot is there any time we need a quality look.  If Kalky is going to stand 4 feet from the rim,make him pay by draining thaf shot every so often.

I get your point, but their way of utilizing midrange is 8-10 foot floaters by TK, Oso and sometimes Stevie. If those shots are going down, no need for any pull up jumpers.

I think Jop is going to hit that 10 footer at a much higher clip next year. It looks comfortable. And I wouldn’t be surprised to see it from Stevie either. I don’t think Kam will have that in his game.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2024, 08:56:23 PM »
Not sure.

I had tons of energy all day and at the game, and still do now.

If anything, I’ll be home 3 hrs before bedtime!

Need more content

I'm totally amped Dr.V!!  We're in perfect position for a #2 seed and may even be able to snag a #1!  We obliterated Xavier and have every opportunity to take care of business to close the regular season.  I believe things will be kicked up a notch starting Wednesday. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2024, 09:01:12 PM »
I get your point, but their way of utilizing midrange is 8-10 foot floaters by TK, Oso and sometimes Stevie. If those shots are going down, no need for any pull up jumpers.

I think Jop is going to hit that 10 footer at a much higher clip next year. It looks comfortable. And I wouldn’t be surprised to see it from Stevie either. I don’t think Kam will have that in his game.

MU becomes much more difficult to guard if we take and make that shot.  It changes the geometry of our offense.  It will create better overall shots in our h-c offense imo.  And while I get analytics, I also saw what happened to Creighton today.   As for the stop and pop I'm essentially talking about Kam utilizing it on occasion.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 09:03:50 PM by MuggsyB »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2024, 09:15:27 PM »
It’s unreasonable to expect an electric atmosphere during a 30 point blow out.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2024, 09:20:29 PM »
What did you do at the game?

“We got smashed.” -@CoachMillerXU

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2024, 09:21:34 PM »
Great thread title btw tower!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2024, 09:29:42 PM »
Far from the best environment this year, but it was fine. Crowd had decent juice in the first half once MU found its footing. By the time people got back with their halftime bevvies the lead was almost 20.

I would love a similar game on Wednesday. We owe Providence one.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2024, 09:34:32 PM »
Flew in to MKE for this one. Disappointed with the low-key crowd and so many empty seats. Also did not like the tacky “Make Noise” prompts on the Jumbotron nor the smarmy “events” during time outs. Thought I was in Providence at times.

When was the last time you were at a game?  They have been doing those things for years, going back to the BC days.
Have some patience, FFS.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2024, 09:40:35 PM »

Are Scoopers giving up Scoop for lent?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2024, 09:53:09 PM »
Far from the best environment this year, but it was fine. Crowd had decent juice in the first half once MU found its footing. By the time people got back with their halftime bevvies the lead was almost 20.

I would love a similar game on Wednesday. We owe Providence one.

I thought there was a pretty good vibe as well.  I mean, it was better than the DePaul game. Rows of students were missing, the tarp was up in the East stands which I thought was odd but still a good crowd.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2024, 10:03:06 PM »
It’s unreasonable to expect an electric atmosphere during a 30 point blow out.

This.  The game was not competitive.  And with Desmond Claude posting a Nothing Burger on the scoreboard, Xavier had no answers and no energy.  X wasn't DePaul bad, but they were close. 

romey

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2024, 10:13:31 PM »

how was that not a travel on Chase?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2024, 10:22:29 PM »
how was that not a travel on Chase?

Refs were too impressed with his hustle!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2024, 10:25:28 PM »
Quaaludes
Goal is National Championship

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2024, 11:11:17 PM »
I noticed one of the pyrotechnic things wasn’t working during the pregame.  Lack of fire from the start.