[Today at 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[Today at 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean Article on espn.com  (Read 36501 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Crean Article on espn.com
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2010, 08:56:11 AM »
Chicos, with all due respect, how long has it been since you worked at IU? 10 years or more? With the turnover that department has had (AD, 4 hoops coaches, etc.) how many reliable contacts can you really have?

It's like me saying I have contacts at Alltel because I worked there for several years in the mid-90's.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »
Chicos, with all due respect, how long has it been since you worked at IU? 10 years or more? With the turnover that department has had (AD, 4 hoops coaches, etc.) how many reliable contacts can you really have?

It's like me saying I have contacts at Alltel because I worked there for several years in the mid-90's.

See your PM for a detailed answer....Big Ten Network, NCAA, etc....almost none of the original people I worked with 15 years ago are there, all the contacts are from business dealings with the schools, the conference and close associations with very well heeled alums.  You'll recognize the names immediately in your PM.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:44:48 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2010, 12:29:38 PM »
From Indy mac

"We don't have any patients for losing and we don't want any."

Clearly an IU fan based on his grammar.  i thought maybe he was an MU fan/Crean apologist.  But that sentence right here proved he truly was an IU fan.  

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »

PRN have you not realized Chicos is a far bigger Iu fan than he is an MU fan.  He is as bad as any Wisconsin troll. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
I don't disagree. Just giving Indymac and the IU faithful fair warning. Sometimes love is blind and one just can't see the obvious or just won't believe it. TC had most of the MU fanbase fooled for a long time too.

Love is always blind, or at the very least, forgiving.   If we had Bo Ryan as our head coach, we would all love him.  Since we don't, 80% can't stand the guy.  Just the way it is.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
The irony of your post
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
So everyone ahead of IU in recruiting polls cheats?  Please stop and try another rationalization.

Crean is now IU's Dukiet years.

(side note, Duke faces the same problem when K leaves ... they too could start a long slow slide into becoming Wake Forest.  We'll see.).[/color]

Of course not.  Where did I ever say that everyone ahead of IU in recruiting cheats?  Why are you incapable of using rational thought instead of making crap up?

Really....Crean is now Dukiet?  That seems to be what you are saying....please tell me that's what you are saying so I don't misinterpret it.

Dukiet took a NIT program and drove it into the ground.  Crean took a program essentially from scratch and is building it up....please show me the comparisons because I'm missing them.

Coach Knight has been gone for a good number of years and was on the downslide even before that when Knight was still there....they then took two shortcuts with Davis (lazy hire because he was the assistant) and Sampson (the quick fix despite a known cheater at previous stops).

Now they brought Crean in to clean up the mess and rebuild.  Ironic....don't you think.   If Crean can rebuild Marquette you don't think he can rebuild Indiana?  Really?  Uhm, ok.  Oh that's right, it was all Dwyane Wade, I keep forgetting. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »
Love is always blind, or at the very least, forgiving.   If we had Bo Ryan as our head coach, we would all love him.  Since we don't, 80% can't stand the guy.  Just the way it is.

I might be vilified for saying this, but I actually like Bo Ryan. I like a lot of coaches. I even kind of like Bob Huggins.

It was torture for me that my team was coached by a guy I truly loathe. Now it's Indiana's problem.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »

Dawson is a 5 star from Indiana that has IU on his list along with G'Town, Purdue and UCLA

Sorry to take this a little off track, but are we still involved with him? I read not too long ago that he is keeping it pretty close to the vest, but I thought those on the Indiana board thought that even though Purdue is thought to be the leader, we were making up some ground and could be in the top three. He would be a huge get and I was just curious if you heard something saying we are no longer in the running.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »
Sorry to take this a little off track, but are we still involved with him? I read not too long ago that he is keeping it pretty close to the vest, but I thought those on the Indiana board thought that even though Purdue is thought to be the leader, we were making up some ground and could be in the top three. He would be a huge get and I was just curious if you heard something saying we are no longer in the running.

Which "we" are you using.  Marquette or IU?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »
Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2010, 01:20:09 PM »
I have no idea how involved MU is in Dawson. I do know that PU and IU are heavily involved.  I know he attended the MU Specialty Camp in August. 

Of the folks that went to the specialty camp, 3 have already committed to MU.  Smith, Blue and Newbill. 

I'd be surprised to see Dawson leave the Big Ten.  Ohio State is after him as well, but who knows.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
Which "we" are you using.  Marquette or IU?

OMG. Case closed.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Dawson would be the perfect replacement for Jimmy.  Would be a tough get, but he could come to a place where Jimmy is leaving and DJO would be a seniot. 

Dawson, Jones, and Blue would be nice to have as the 2-3-4 in  Buzz's offense to go along with Smith and Cadougan at the 1 and Otule/Mbao/Shaq clone in the 2011 class that Buzz will find at the 5.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »
OMG. Case closed.

Case closed what?  I went to both schools and didn't know who he was talking about.  You do realize there are several of us here that follow MU and IU and post about both schools?  I didn't know if Cheebs was an IU guy as well.

Good grief. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
Case closed what?  I went to both schools and didn't know who he was talking about.  You do realize there are several of us here that follow MU and IU and post about both schools?  I didn't know if Cheebs was an IU guy as well.

Good grief. 

You wrote that Dawson's list was Georgetown, Purdue, UCLA and Indiana. Cheebs asked if that means that "we" were no longer in on him. Reading comprehension and the fact that this is an MU board led me to the conclusion that his "we" was MU. I've never heard anyone but IU visitors refer to the Hoosiers as "we" on this board. Except you.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2010, 03:53:02 PM »
You wrote that Dawson's list was Georgetown, Purdue, UCLA and Indiana. Cheebs asked if that means that "we" were no longer in on him. Reading comprehension and the fact that this is an MU board led me to the conclusion that his "we" was MU. I've never heard anyone but IU visitors refer to the Hoosiers as "we" on this board. Except you.

So spot on, thanks Lenny.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »

Sigh...so not spot on.

Can you please get on the NFC North Thread and start bellyaching everytime "we" is used since we don't know if it's the Bears, Vikings, Packers or Lions....afterall, it's a MU board so how could they possibly be referencing someone else other than Marquette  ::)

You've also never heard of alma mater meaning more than your undergraduate institution, nor other meanings of "beg" and I could go on and on.  And yes, there are several MU \ IU people on this Marquette board because we are fans of both.  I didn't recognize Cheebs which is why I asked the question.  The reason I say that is because for awhile, Dawson was not listed with IU so I thought (forgive me Lord) that he was asking if IU was no longer included.  Most of the major recruiting sites don't list Marquette at all with Dawson.  In fact, NONE DO.  But if you dig deep enough, you can find that he has been involved with MU via the speciality camps, etc.  So that is why I couldn't determine who he was talking about.

Good Lord.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:08:09 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »
Sigh...so not spot on.

Can you please get on the NFC North Thread and start bellyaching everytime "we" is used since we don't know if it's the Bears, Vikings, Packers or Lions....afterall, it's a MU board so how could they possibly be referencing someone else other than Marquette  ::)

You've also never heard of alma mater meaning more than your undergraduate institution, nor other meanings of "beg" and I could go on and on.  And yes, there are several MU \ IU people on this Marquette board because we are fans of both.  I didn't recognize Cheebs which is why I asked the question.  The reason I say that is because for awhile, Dawson was not listed with IU so I thought (forgive me Lord) that he was asking if IU was no longer included.  Most of the major recruiting sites don't list Marquette at all with Dawson.  In fact, NONE DO.  But if you dig deep enough, you can find that he has been involved with MU via the speciality camps, etc.  So that is why I couldn't determine who he was talking about.

Good Lord.

Dawson took an unofficial visit to MU along with Jamail Jones, Tarik Black and Vander Blue for Marquette Madness. Maybe we (Marquette) are out on him now (I'll accept it since you say it's so) but it sure sounds like we (Marquette) were still in on him fairly recently. As a Marquette fan Cheebs evidently knew this.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2010, 06:18:31 PM »
Dawson took an unofficial visit to MU along with Jamail Jones, Tarik Black and Vander Blue for Marquette Madness. Maybe we (Marquette) are out on him now (I'll accept it since you say it's so) but it sure sounds like we (Marquette) were still in on him fairly recently. As a Marquette fan Cheebs evidently knew this.

Where did I say MU was out of it.....and you get on me for reading comprehension.   ;D  I never said that....ever. 

What I SAID, is that MU was not listed on the official recruiting sites as being involved with the kid.  At least not that MU had offered.  But that doesn't mean anything as those sites are not exactly 100% accurate.

Scout says MU hasn't offered 

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4014932

Rivals doesn't even include MU

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Branden-Dawson-86158

But as I said originally, I have no idea if MU is involved....I do know that PU and IU are.  Based on the fact that Dawson went to the elite camp for MU, I have to think we are involved to some extent, but the recruiting websites don't indicate that we are (or haven't offered).

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2010, 11:24:03 AM »
Where did I say MU was out of it.....and you get on me for reading comprehension.   ;D  I never said that....ever. 

What I SAID, is that MU was not listed on the official recruiting sites as being involved with the kid.  At least not that MU had offered.  But that doesn't mean anything as those sites are not exactly 100% accurate.

Scout says MU hasn't offered 

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4014932

Rivals doesn't even include MU

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Branden-Dawson-86158

But as I said originally, I have no idea if MU is involved....I do know that PU and IU are.  Based on the fact that Dawson went to the elite camp for MU, I have to think we are involved to some extent, but the recruiting websites don't indicate that we are (or haven't offered).

Recruiting websits are notoriously incorrect.  They are basically playing a guesing game, and update only a couple of times a year.  Come on Chicos, you know this.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
Uhm, that's probably why I already said they are not 100% accurate.  So why the "come on Chicos" when I have already said this earlier in the thread?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:00:47 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »

Not to go a completely different direction but many Cubs fans I know hated Jim Edmonds when he was with the Cardinals and grew to like him during his short stint with the Cubs. Cards fans no cannot stand the guy. (conversation was brought up at yesterdays game between myself (brewers fan), a cubs fan and a cards fan.)  Basically the same thought process goes into any sort of thinking with coaches and players alike. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »
Not to go a completely different direction but many Cubs fans I know hated Jim Edmonds when he was with the Cardinals and grew to like him during his short stint with the Cubs. Cards fans no cannot stand the guy. (conversation was brought up at yesterdays game between myself (brewers fan), a cubs fan and a cards fan.)  Basically the same thought process goes into any sort of thinking with coaches and players alike. 

I'm a big Cubs fan and I absolute hate Jim Edmonds. My dislike has nothing to do with the fact that he played with the Cardinals. He's just a total poser. In fact, I'd say he reminds me quite a bit of our former coach.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
It all depends on who you ask. That being said, he is a poser. The half shirts, making what should be routine fly ball outs look like gold glove plays by loafing to start then diving for the catch, etc.

Back to the the discussion of the thread though. I have a feeling IU is going to end up using TC as a stepping stone to get them back into the national spotlight and then make a move for a better coach.  At least that is what they hope to do. TC won't be able to bring them into the UNC, Kansas level.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »
I'm a big Cubs fan and I absolute hate Jim Edmonds. My dislike has nothing to do with the fact that he played with the Cardinals. He's just a total poser. In fact, I'd say he reminds me quite a bit of our former coach.

Jim Edmonds molsted a Collie.

feedback