[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean Article on espn.com  (Read 36296 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Crean Article on espn.com
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2010, 06:55:43 PM »
Apparently someone stated in this thread I was a far bigger fan of IU than MU?   This defies logic on every level.  My house is adorned in MU stuff as is my office.  It defies my posting habits (1000's vs less than 100), it defies my donating habits ($1000's vs $0 to IU).  It defies attendance at games....I have not gone to an IU game since I graduated grad school, yet have attended many MU games since graduation, well over 100.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »
I'm a big Cubs fan and I absolute hate Jim Edmonds. My dislike has nothing to do with the fact that he played with the Cardinals. He's just a total poser. In fact, I'd say he reminds me quite a bit of our former coach.

He might be a poser but the guy was a hell of a ballplayer, I'm sure as a Cubs fan you would have loved to have someone like him in the middle of your lineup and roaming the outfield regardless of your take on his image/personality.

Chico's I also agree with some of the other posters.  Why would you need to ask if "we" referred to MU or IU on a MU board, especially from a guy with over a 100 posts?  I would think everyone would assume that "we" means MU on this board when referring to college hoops teams.  Just seems weird to me. Go figure!

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:18 PM »
I'm sure as a Cubs fan you would have loved to have someone like him in the middle of your lineup and roaming the outfield regardless of your take on his image/personality.

You're wrong. I like to root for people I don't dislike. I would have hated (and did hate) Edmonds if (when) he was on the Cubs. I would hate LaRussa if he was managing the Cubs. I hated Crean and he was coaching Marquette. These guys are all disingenuous POSERS!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
He might be a poser but the guy was a hell of a ballplayer, I'm sure as a Cubs fan you would have loved to have someone like him in the middle of your lineup and roaming the outfield regardless of your take on his image/personality.

Chico's I also agree with some of the other posters.  Why would you need to ask if "we" referred to MU or IU on a MU board, especially from a guy with over a 100 posts?  I would think everyone would assume that "we" means MU on this board when referring to college hoops teams.  Just seems weird to me. Go figure!

Well that's exactly why I asked, because he had so few posts.  I didn't recognize him, wasn't sure who he was a fan of.  I think I explained myself quite clearly on the topic.

Coach Norman Dale, another poster on here, I believe is also a MU and IU fan.  There are a few others.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
You're wrong. I like to root for people I don't dislike. I would have hated (and did hate) Edmonds if (when) he was on the Cubs. I would hate LaRussa if he was managing the Cubs. I hated Crean and he was coaching Marquette. These guys are all disingenuous POSERS!!

But you liked KO.  Interesting.   A guy that trashed our school in public, put the school in a potentially very embarrassing situation on multiple occasions  (thank God the internet wasn't around like it is today).

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »
Apparently someone stated in this thread I was a far bigger fan of IU than MU?   This defies logic on every level.  My house is adorned in MU stuff as is my office.  It defies my posting habits (1000's vs less than 100), it defies my donating habits ($1000's vs $0 to IU).  It defies attendance at games....I have not gone to an IU game since I graduated grad school, yet have attended many MU games since graduation, well over 100.

I couldn't have written a better paragraph to illustrate my point that while a man attend many institutions he has but one dear nourishing mother (Alma Mater) to whom he gives his love and loyalty. I'm glad yours is Marquette.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:07:49 PM by Lennys Tap »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
I couldn't have written a better paragraph to illustrate my point that while a man attend many institutions he has but one dear nourishing mother (Alma Mater) to whom he gives his love and loyalty. I'm glad yours is Marquette.

It is, without doubt, my favorite school.  There is no question whatsoever.   That didn't stop me, however, from cheering for IU tonight against #7 Purdue.  Good game.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »
A lot of unfair Chicos hate going on me thinks.  Cmon everybody, he says enough stuff thats easy to disagree with that you certainly don't need to question his allegiance because he left for grad school.  This is worse than the tea party movement.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2010, 10:16:22 AM »
A lot of unfair Chicos hate going on me thinks.  Cmon everybody, he says enough stuff thats easy to disagree with that you certainly don't need to question his allegiance because he left for grad school.  This is worse than the tea party movement.

I agree with this. I have zero doubt where Chicos allegiance lies...despite his misguided defense of the horse's ass Tom Crean!!

Chicos is a Warrior backer all the way!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: The irony of your post
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2010, 09:02:48 AM »
Of course not.  Where did I ever say that everyone ahead of IU in recruiting cheats?  Why are you incapable of using rational thought instead of making crap up?

Really....Crean is now Dukiet?  That seems to be what you are saying....please tell me that's what you are saying so I don't misinterpret it.

Dukiet took a NIT program and drove it into the ground.  Crean took a program essentially from scratch and is building it up....please show me the comparisons because I'm missing them.

You took the analogy to literally.  Dukiet was the low point of the program and stayed that way until he left.

Crean is the low point of the IU program and will stay that way until he leaves.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2010, 09:08:35 PM »
You took the analogy to literally.  Dukiet was the low point of the program and stayed that way until he left.

Crean is the low point of the IU program and will stay that way until he leaves.

You obviously know nothing about IU basketball to state that.

The low point was Kelvin Sampson.  IU is so geeked up on doing things the right way, they were devastated with what Sampson did.  His firing, the NCAA probation, etc....that was the low point. 

Plus, you can go back during other times where things were not good.  Harry Good, Lou Watson, the one year Jerry Oliver experiment.  The end of the 1960's were very bad and they didn't have the excuse of a NCAA probation.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2010, 07:18:55 AM »

The low point was Kelvin Sampson.  IU is so geeked up on doing things the right way, they were devastated with what Sampson did.  His firing, the NCAA probation, etc....that was the low point. 

Plus, you can go back during other times where things were not good.  Harry Good, Lou Watson, the one year Jerry Oliver experiment.  The end of the 1960's were very bad and they didn't have the excuse of a NCAA probation.

wong.

Crean is a douche and I hate him.

Therefore, this is the low point of IU basketball.

Chico's, you're crazy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »

wong.

Crean is a douche and I hate him.

Therefore, this is the low point of IU basketball.

Chico's, you're crazy.

Stop picking on the Chinese.   ;D

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »

I'll go you one further, Chicos. I don't think Indiana will ever recover from the Sampson thing. It changed the perception of their basketball program forever. Maybe it started with the departure of Knight, but I don't believe they'll ever be perceived as the squeeky clean, do-as-your-told, farm-boy militia that they once were. I honestly believe they're just another Big Ten team now...nowhere near a "Top 5" program (NC, UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky, now maybe Duke). They'll do well to compete year after year with Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan State. There was a time when those schools dreamed of being Indiana. They lost that image of purity they moment they got on their hands and knees and let let Sampson pound them in the keister. 

Indiana is now the Britney Spears of college basketball -- once a sought after piece of tail, now just a haggard slab of deli meat with coaching's K Fed currently at the helm.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2010, 01:33:01 PM »

The low point was Kelvin Sampson.  IU is so geeked up on doing things the right way, they were devastated with what Sampson did.  His firing, the NCAA probation, etc....that was the low point.  

Plus, you can go back during other times where things were not good.  Harry Good, Lou Watson, the one year Jerry Oliver experiment.  The end of the 1960's were very bad and they didn't have the excuse of a NCAA probation.

Just how does an institution "so geeked up to do things the right way" end up in bed with a slimeball like TC's buddy Sampson? When you jump in the cesspool with the Kentuckys of the world, "finding God" after you're caught with both hands in the cookie jar won't give you back the moral high ground.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:44:12 PM by Lennys Tap »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »

The low point was Kelvin Sampson.  IU is so geeked up on doing things the right way, they were devastated with what Sampson did.  His firing, the NCAA probation, etc....that was the low point.  

Plus, you can go back during other times where things were not good.  Harry Good, Lou Watson, the one year Jerry Oliver experiment.  The end of the 1960's were very bad and they didn't have the excuse of a NCAA probation.

Excuse me, but wasn't IU ranked #8 when Sampson was canned? Didn't they have a lottery pick in Gordon?  Crean now has a sub .500 program for the second year in a row.  No lottery picks anywhere in sight.

What new math are you using?

And PRN said what I've been trying to tell you for 25 posts in this thread, IU suffered permanent damage.  They are "just another" big ten team.  Nothing wrong with that but IU nation thinks they are more than that and they are not.  Crean thought IU was more than that and now must realize he, at best, made a lateral move.