[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 96823 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Illinois
« Reply #325 on: May 01, 2020, 07:32:19 AM »
The mods suck.

One in particular, but I won't name names.

It's going to be a warm, sunny weekend in Chicago. I hope that people can enjoy it from their balconies instead of dragging their grills to the park.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #326 on: May 01, 2020, 08:20:07 AM »
That west side party was right by my house so I drove by the townhouse complex. Cannot figure out how it got so massive and nobody called the police. They're all connected and have balconies facing each other just seems way too dense to let that many people come in.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2020, 03:43:58 PM »
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2386538/the-party-dont-stop-in-west-chicago-another-weekend-another-raging-twerk-fest

Illinois doing it right

Who wants to tell Barstool that West Chicago and the West Side of Chicago aren't the same place?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2020, 04:58:43 PM »
Who wants to tell Barstool that West Chicago and the West Side of Chicago aren't the same place?

I don’t think most people think Dupage County when reading that headline, but Dante is a fake Chicagoan anyways.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #330 on: May 04, 2020, 09:39:46 PM »
My wife just received a chilling email from the director at Addolorata Villa, an assisted living/skilled care facility in Wheeling, Il run by the Sisters of St Francis. My wife’s 98 year old mother is a current resident. At this time 9 residents and 5 workers have tested positive for Covid 19.
Here is a portion of that email:

“Many of you have reached out inquiring about testing of all staff and residents. Since last week I have shared some of our trials and tribulations in obtaining testing supplies and kits so that we can test all of our residents and staff members in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing care. Multiple calls to the Cook County Health Department, Illinois Department of Public Health and our lab provider have all been met with a circular loop of one referring us to the other and then back around again. All of our calls to the governor’s office have gone unanswered as all the lines state that the mailbox is “full and not accepting messages”.

I won’t bore anyone with the remainder of the email, but rest assured it’s filled with fear and frustration. It’s May 3rd, 6 + weeks into this and a nursing home where everyone knows the most vulnerable reside can’t get a straight answer. And the governor’s office won’t even pick up the phone. How is this possible?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #331 on: May 04, 2020, 09:54:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Lenny.  It's an absolute outrage.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #332 on: May 05, 2020, 02:18:24 AM »
Still not enough testing anywhere.   I am very sympathetic to your frustrations, Lenny.   But please know it isn't just Illinois and it isn't just nursing homes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #333 on: May 05, 2020, 03:14:40 AM »
Lenny

Prayers being said for your mother in law. Hope all is well down your way.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #334 on: May 05, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
My wife just received a chilling email from the director at Addolorata Villa, an assisted living/skilled care facility in Wheeling, Il run by the Sisters of St Francis. My wife’s 98 year old mother is a current resident. At this time 9 residents and 5 workers have tested positive for Covid 19.
Here is a portion of that email:

“Many of you have reached out inquiring about testing of all staff and residents. Since last week I have shared some of our trials and tribulations in obtaining testing supplies and kits so that we can test all of our residents and staff members in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing care. Multiple calls to the Cook County Health Department, Illinois Department of Public Health and our lab provider have all been met with a circular loop of one referring us to the other and then back around again. All of our calls to the governor’s office have gone unanswered as all the lines state that the mailbox is “full and not accepting messages”.

I won’t bore anyone with the remainder of the email, but rest assured it’s filled with fear and frustration. It’s May 3rd, 6 + weeks into this and a nursing home where everyone knows the most vulnerable reside can’t get a straight answer. And the governor’s office won’t even pick up the phone. How is this possible?

This is America.  Sorry to hear, I don't even know what I'd do.  Pulling her out isn't a possibility, I assume?   Hope things turn around and they're able to get people tested, and hopefully they've already isolated the confirmed infected.

ugh. :(

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #335 on: May 05, 2020, 09:18:25 AM »
Local media? Mayor of Wheeling? Local legislative or congressional rep offices?
Just trying to brainstorm out loud.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #336 on: May 05, 2020, 09:27:31 AM »
This is America.  Sorry to hear, I don't even know what I'd do.  Pulling her out isn't a possibility, I assume?   Hope things turn around and they're able to get people tested, and hopefully they've already isolated the confirmed infected.

ugh. :(

I have a friend who pulled her mother out of an assisted living facility at the beginning of this thing thinking that it would just be a couple of weeks, but six weeks in is proving to be very difficult to manage, and the place won't take her mother back because her husband is an essential worker.

There are not a lot of easy answers here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #337 on: May 05, 2020, 09:30:04 AM »
Local media? Mayor of Wheeling? Local legislative or congressional rep offices?
Just trying to brainstorm out loud.

Yeah that was my thought. They may be going too big too quick. Work up the ladder.

Also, I could be wrong here and likely am, aren't a lot of assisted care facilities supposed to have a hospital they're linked with? I remember when I worked as an AM at Stericycle a lot of those accounts would say they would drive medical waste to an office or hospital instead of paying for pickups. If that's the case shouldn't they have inroads to ask for some PPE, tests, all the other fun stuff from the affiliated office or hospital?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2020, 11:18:22 AM »

I have a friend who pulled her mother out of an assisted living facility at the beginning of this thing thinking that it would just be a couple of weeks, but six weeks in is proving to be very difficult to manage, and the place won't take her mother back because her husband is an essential worker.

There are not a lot of easy answers here.
My mother in law is in an independent facility in Mequon.  Same issues.  Can't take her out, for any period of time, because they won't take her back easily, so we've left her in there.  Fortunately, they've had zero cases so far.  They also let us meet her on the back patio of the building recently, with us and her wearing masks and sitting far apart, which was good.  For those of you with family in independent or assisted facilities, check with the place and see if they'll allow such a visit.  As long as it's a decent enough day weather-wise, at least you may be able to brighten someone's day by giving them a visit!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
Off subject, but I love this idea I describe it any chance I get:   If your elderly family has internet at their facility, buy them an Alexa Show.  Now you can visit them any time by "dropping in" on them, free. 

The technology is simple enough for them to understand it or read it from a card "Drop in on Hilltopper".  Or if you place the call, they don't need to do anything but say hello.

For $80 .. it has a ton of value (although you need one for each of you.)  My kids "visit" their grandparents 3-4x per week this way.

https://smile.amazon.com/Echo-Show-8/dp/B07PF1Y28C

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2020, 11:59:37 AM »
Lenny

Prayers being said for your mother in law. Hope all is well down your way.

Thanks, Goose.

We’re lucky. Our golf course is open (walkers or singles in carts) and pickle ball courts too. Tennis and the fitness center closed but perfect weather for walking/running. Sites opening locally where anyone can get a test.

How are things in Milwaukee?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2020, 12:11:06 PM »
Yeah that was my thought. They may be going too big too quick. Work up the ladder.

They call their lab provider and are told to call the cook County Health Department. They call the Cook County Health Department and are told to call the Illinois Department of Public Health. They call the Illinois Department of Public Health and are told to call the Governor’s special hotline. They call the governor and get a recorded message that the mailbox is full and not accepting calls. Sounds to me like they’ve tried to work up the ladder. When they got to the top, no one was there.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2020, 12:22:04 PM »
They call their lab provider and are told to call the cook County Health Department. They call the Cook County Health Department and are told to call the Illinois Department of Public Health. They call the Illinois Department of Public Health and are told to call the Governor’s special hotline. They call the governor and get a recorded message that the mailbox is full and not accepting calls. Sounds to me like they’ve tried to work up the ladder. When they got to the top, no one was there.

Right but there are usually more accessible rungs in said ladder between  lab and county that as was stated before, might have an ear to the governor that sitting on hold does not.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2020, 12:39:43 PM »
Right but there are usually more accessible rungs in said ladder between  lab and county that as was stated before, might have an ear to the governor that sitting on hold does not.

OK. Guess this is Addolorata Villa’s fault. Please give them a call and tell them all the “rungs”  that their lab, county
and state agencies (and the governor) aren’t willing to share with them. They’re in the book. I guarantee they’ll pick up and I guarantee they’ll be grateful for the help.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2020, 12:53:25 PM »
OK. Guess this is Addolorata Villa’s fault. Please give them a call and tell them all the “rungs”  that their lab, county
and state agencies (and the governor) aren’t willing to share with them. They’re in the book. I guarantee they’ll pick up and I guarantee they’ll be grateful for the help.

Jeeze Lenny, when did I say that? I get its personal for you, but not everyone's going to sit in line and only post "feel sorry for you, there's nothing that possibly could've been done" how about don't be an a$$ if someone's trying to come up with something that they may have missed in their ladder rung. Not to mention why don't you go after the initial poster who pointed that out?

Sorry for your mom..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:20:08 PM by mu_hilltopper »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2020, 01:12:51 PM »
Jeeze Lenny, when did I say that? I get its personal for you, but not everyone's going to sit in line and only post "feel sorry for you, there's nothing that possibly could've been done" how about don't be an a$$ if someone's trying to come up with something that they may have missed in their ladder rung. Not to mention why don't you go after the initial poster who pointed that out?

Sorry for your mom, sorry you voted the prick into office who set this situation up.

If you know what they “missed” that would be helpful. But opining that they probably missed something seemed to me to excuse those who don’t deserved to be excused and blame the victim. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.

It’s not my Mom, it’s my MIL, but I appreciate the kind sentiments nonetheless. I don’t know which prick you’re referring to, but I didn’t vote for Trump and had I been eligible I wouldn’t have voted for Pritzker either. So I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2020, 01:33:11 PM »
If you know what they “missed” that would be helpful. But opining that they probably missed something seemed to me to excuse those who don’t deserved to be excused and blame the victim. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.

It’s not my Mom, it’s my MIL, but I appreciate the kind sentiments nonetheless. I don’t know which prick you’re referring to, but I didn’t vote for Trump and had I been eligible I wouldn’t have voted for Pritzker either. So I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

Then you misunderstood my post, zero victimized business blaming its an unfortunate situation and there's thousands of business calling a likely understaffed or undertrained new government call center with the same needs. And I apologize for stating you voted for a prick. Every other portion I stand by. I inherently think of administration people in healthcare as not the brightest light in the chandelier, I've met, worked with and sold to too many who don't grasp finances, who don't grasp half of the procedures they do at the facility, who have absconded with hundreds of thousands of dollars, who would fire and rehire multiple people in the same day, heck OR my mother and sister work at the practice admin tried forcing them back early despite PPE shortages saying not her problem, and more horror stories. so yes, I do think that an administrator who would've just started calling provides numbers maybe didn't think outside the box, or maybe missed a few routes to get those needed test kits. As far as things I know they missed, there are none. Don't work there and they weren't in my book of business in my old Stericycle days.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:39:28 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »

Sorry for your mom..

Patronizing.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2020, 07:22:49 AM »
Patronizing.

Can't take it when a spade is a spade so you're going to follow me across the board?
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2020, 06:24:42 PM »
Anyone else in Illinois receiving this today?  My email came this afternoon, but my wife didn't receive it. 

Treasurer's Note

Helping Small Businesses
And Their Workers
During COVID-19

We know people are hurting.  We are hearing the stories from our friends and from our families. We are seeing businesses close in our own communities.

The COVID-19 pandemic has created an immense amount of uncertainty and we need all hands on deck to help others now and lay the groundwork for recovery later.

I have designated $500 million to be deposited in community banks and local credit unions throughout our state. In turn, these financial institutions use the money to make low‑interest loans to small businesses in their communities. Supporting the health and well-being of our residents and our economy includes making sure small-business owners stay solvent so their workers can be paid.

We move faster than the federal government because we are not slowed by their partisanship and red tape. We also have 40 years of experience in facilitating these loans, which do not add to our state’s budget deficit.

Kraig Lounsberry, president of the Community Bankers Association, said the bridge loan program gives “community banks a powerful new tool to quickly protect small businesses suffering during this crisis.”

Republican state Rep. Mike Murphy of Springfield said, “Small business is the backbone of our economy, and now, more than ever, these businesses need to know state government is here to support them and their employees.”

Democratic state Sen. Scott Bennett of Champaign said, “These loans can help businesses stay solvent today, when they need the help.”

Additionally, we have worked with business advocates such as the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, the Small Business Majority, and the Small Business Advocacy Center to ensure their members are aware of our bridge loan program.

The COVID-19 pandemic will be remembered by every person who lives through it. It already has highlighted the heroic work of our first responders, health care professionals, as well as those who work in our grocery stores, haul our garbage, operate our cities, and make sure our telephones, electric grid, and roads remain operational.

Our loan program will not solve all the challenges our state and country are facing, but that does not stop us from working to be part of the solution.  Our loan program will help our small business owners keep society functioning as well.

I am thankful that our team could quickly do our part to help the residents of Illinois.

Sincerely,
Michael W. Frerichs
Illinois State Treasurer
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato