[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Explosions in Kiev  (Read 51430 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Explosions in Kiev
« Reply #725 on: March 11, 2022, 06:48:33 PM »
Speechless. The Uyghur's would like a word.

You can be speechless, but that would only indicate your ignorance.  Willful or not.  We annihilated an entire continent of people. 

And we're basically funding or providing arms to several ongoing genocides.  Moral high ground, we have not.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #726 on: March 11, 2022, 06:50:20 PM »
"Why is the way China doing things worse than the way we do things".  Is this really the leg you want to stand on Hards?  Are you suggesting for example that Mao "did things" just like American Presidents, Congress/Senate, and billionaires in the USA "did things"?

LOL yes, absolutely.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #727 on: March 11, 2022, 06:51:30 PM »
Her pro-Syria, pro-Russia and pro-isolationism stances aren't centrist in either party.

Look into her family and their cult... I mean... "religion".

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #728 on: March 11, 2022, 06:52:09 PM »
The oligarchs are the defacto government.  That's the literal definition of oligarchy:

a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution

The loyalty is between putin and the oligarchs.  Not the Russian govt, or the Russian people.

You'd be surprised how inexpensive it is to buy a sitting congressperson.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #729 on: March 15, 2022, 11:38:16 AM »
With the death of Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski, at least three journalists have been killed since Russia launched its attack against Ukraine.

Others known to have been killed since the conflict began were American journalist and filmmaker Brent Renaud and Ukranian cameraman Yevhenii Sakun. Many other journalists have been injured, including Fox News correspondent Benjamin Hall, who was hurt in the attack that killed Zakrzewski.

My heart goes out to the families of these silenced heroes, who had courageously served in war zones so they could inform the world of the atrocities taking place.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #730 on: March 15, 2022, 11:55:16 AM »
Sorry, gents, my senility is flaring up this week.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 12:04:11 PM by mu_hilltopper »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #731 on: March 15, 2022, 12:19:11 PM »
You can be speechless, but that would only indicate your ignorance.  Willful or not.  We annihilated an entire continent of people. 

And we're basically funding or providing arms to several ongoing genocides.  Moral high ground, we have not.
It's not willful ignorance. It's actually not wanting history to keep repeating itself. When you basically state its no different than how we do it, I make up that you are condoning Chinese behavior. Now if you would have said how we DID things, I would agree. Slavery, genocide of Native Americans (I am 1/32 Susquahannock), among others was reprehensible, and I wished there would have been another country to force us to have stopped these atrocities.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #732 on: March 15, 2022, 12:22:46 PM »
Look into her family and their cult... I mean... "religion".
Careful there, you are sounding pretty intolerant of other's beliefs.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #733 on: March 15, 2022, 04:46:05 PM »
Sorry, gents, my senility is flaring up this week.

#FreeDoc

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2022, 05:55:29 PM »
It's not willful ignorance. It's actually not wanting history to keep repeating itself. When you basically state its no different than how we do it, I make up that you are condoning Chinese behavior. Now if you would have said how we DID things, I would agree. Slavery, genocide of Native Americans (I am 1/32 Susquahannock), among others was reprehensible, and I wished there would have been another country to force us to have stopped these atrocities.

That's quite disingenuous.  I never excused CCP behavior.  Just said it was entirely hypocritical to try to take any sort of moral high ground.

We also ver recently annihilated 400k Iraqis because..... uhhhhhh.... reasons?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #735 on: March 15, 2022, 05:57:11 PM »
Careful there, you are sounding pretty intolerant of other's beliefs.

Yep I am.  I dont have to tolerate terrible beliefs.

I won't tolerate Nazi behavior either.  Nor should anyone.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #736 on: March 15, 2022, 06:05:11 PM »
Yep I am.  I dont have to tolerate terrible beliefs.

I won't tolerate Nazi behavior either.  Nor should anyone.

Tulsi's a Nazi?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #737 on: March 15, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »
Hindu/ nazi.

Potatoe/potato.

Obviously kidding. Just want to see if I can upset one of our snowflakes.

I have seen her described as a commie many times. Meeting with Putin and being on Russian tv will do that. Never seen her described as a nazi, though.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #738 on: March 15, 2022, 06:35:03 PM »
Tulsi's a Nazi?

Tulsi's not a Nazi, but she has an affinity for murderous dictators and others with authoritarian leanings.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #739 on: March 15, 2022, 07:13:14 PM »
Tulsi's not a Nazi, but she has an affinity for murderous dictators and others with authoritarian leanings.

She also has said some anti-semetic stuff. The far right loved her during the primaries, and love her still now.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #740 on: March 15, 2022, 08:00:09 PM »
That's quite disingenuous.  I never excused CCP behavior.  Just said it was entirely hypocritical to try to take any sort of moral high ground.

We also ver recently annihilated 400k Iraqis because..... uhhhhhh.... reasons?

This entire discussion has never been about taking a "moral highground" or excusing terrible decisions by our government which led to innocent people being killed.  You invoked this narrative,  essentially stated the USA is no different than Maoist China, and refuse to look at geopolitical ramifications of the current situation.  Beyond that whether it be Mao, or Stalin, or Hitler, or Pol Pot, or 100 million plus people being killed under authoritatarian dictatorships in the last 100 years, your comments are extremely insulting for those who prefer to live in a free society.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #741 on: March 15, 2022, 08:49:48 PM »
This entire discussion has never been about taking a "moral highground" or excusing terrible decisions by our government which led to innocent people being killed.  You invoked this narrative,  essentially stated the USA is no different than Maoist China, and refuse to look at geopolitical ramifications of the current situation.  Beyond that whether it be Mao, or Stalin, or Hitler, or Pol Pot, or 100 million plus people being killed under authoritatarian dictatorships in the last 100 years, your comments are extremely insulting for those who prefer to live in a free society.

Didn't we install a bunch of those dictatorships, so that we could exploit the people and their resources?

Note: I'm not referencing the four you list (clearly), rather general authoritarian dictators around the world.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 09:56:00 PM by forgetful »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #742 on: March 15, 2022, 09:12:50 PM »

This is your narrative, not mine.  I just pointed out that our hands aren't exactly clean.  No equivalency.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #743 on: March 15, 2022, 09:18:11 PM »
This is your narrative, not mine.  I just pointed out that our hands aren't exactly clean.  No equivalency.

No one stated "our hands are clean".  We we trying to have a discussion about a powder keg situation with worldwide implications.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #744 on: March 15, 2022, 09:21:21 PM »

I think it’s an important distinction though. And one that’s good to make.  The whole “the US has no room to talk” when discussing the Uyghurs or brutal authoritarian violence is as silly as pretending the US is lillywhite and a mighty pure moral voice

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #745 on: March 15, 2022, 10:02:59 PM »
Go Portugal!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #746 on: March 15, 2022, 10:21:03 PM »
I think it’s an important distinction though. And one that’s good to make.  The whole “the US has no room to talk” when discussing the Uyghurs or brutal authoritarian violence is as silly as pretending the US is lillywhite and a mighty pure moral voice

If you say so, sure.  Our prison system is also pretty brutal.  I don't want this to get too far off topic, so I'll drop it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #747 on: March 16, 2022, 01:15:23 AM »
The Kyiv mayor is Vitali Klitschko - the former heavyweight champ. It might not be so easy for Putin to remove him to install a lackey.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #749 on: March 17, 2022, 10:10:16 AM »
Well done, Arnold.

Off topic: doesn't everyone have a nude picture of themselves flexing behind their desk? LOL

P.S. Kudos to Arnold. Hopefully it will be seen by its target audience.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback