[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129278 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10700 on: August 03, 2021, 09:55:11 AM »
As I have stated here before, we know who the killers are.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10701 on: August 03, 2021, 01:33:42 PM »
The 'Mr. Brightside' band?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10702 on: August 03, 2021, 02:17:28 PM »
Outcomes are still very good for kids.

Kids are already getting it -- I've already mentioned 4 that my wife has treated -- and an unfortunate few are even dying. So, we need to wait until what percentage of covid-infected kids end up in hospitals or morgues before we care about them getting this deadly virus from their selfish, unvaccinated relatives? 1%? 3%? 5%?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10703 on: August 03, 2021, 02:56:44 PM »
The largest hospital in Louisiana is currently at full capacity, with all ICU beds occupied due to the COVID surge. They acknowledge they are no longer able to provide adequate care to some patients.

That means if a person needs an ICU bed, for a reason other than COVID, they are unable to get one. Someone may die, because you didn't want to get a vaccine and took their ICU bed.

In that hospital, 25% of all beds are occupied by COVID patients. 25% of all beds, same preventable diagnosis.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10704 on: August 03, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »
The largest hospital in Louisiana is currently at full capacity, with all ICU beds occupied due to the COVID surge. They acknowledge they are no longer able to provide adequate care to some patients.

That means if a person needs an ICU bed, for a reason other than COVID, they are unable to get one. Someone may die, because you didn't want to get a vaccine and took their ICU bed.

In that hospital, 25% of all beds are occupied by COVID patients. 25% of all beds, same preventable diagnosis.

Yep. Some of those who are shrugging their shoulders now about "the unvaccinated are only punishing themselves; it's a personal choice; yada yada yada" ... I sincerely hope none of them will have a loved one denied a bed because the hospital is overwhelmed by selfish and/or misinformed anti-vaxxers.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10705 on: August 03, 2021, 04:23:01 PM »
Yep. Some of those who are shrugging their shoulders now about "the unvaccinated are only punishing themselves; it's a personal choice; yada yada yada" ... I sincerely hope none of them will have a loved one denied a bed because the hospital is overwhelmed by selfish and/or misinformed anti-vaxxers.

Whether we shrug our shoulders at it or not, what difference does our opinion or posts make with the vaccinated % in Louisiana.

Seems like something their gov or our federal leadership should be focusing on.   

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10706 on: August 03, 2021, 04:24:01 PM »

Do you know if the hospitals in Louisiana have shut down elective surgeries to help free up additional beds? 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10707 on: August 03, 2021, 06:54:59 PM »
Do you know if the hospitals in Louisiana have shut down elective surgeries to help free up additional beds?

I can't find it now, but earlier today I read a tweet from a distraught Louisiana woman whose cancer surgery was postponed because all the beds at the hospital are full of Covid patients. She is fully vaccinated.

It's just freakin unfair.
Have some patience, FFS.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #10708 on: August 03, 2021, 07:15:56 PM »
It's just freakin unfair.

It is completely unfair.

We’re all living with the consequences of people’s choices like it or not. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10709 on: August 03, 2021, 07:55:35 PM »

Yes, for over a week, because of a COVID surge.

Whether we shrug our shoulders at it or not, what difference does our opinion or posts make with the vaccinated % in Louisiana.

If you want to help, here's a step in the right direction, refuse to ever support any politician, or media enterprise that spreads lies regarding the vaccine. Refuse to support any politician, or media enterprise that perpetrated lies that this was "just the flu" or it was a giant hoax. Speak out against them.

These are the people that led to the current situation. They sacrificed peoples lives and the good of the nation for political points.

Science and medicine aren't politics. Peoples lives aren't pawns in some political game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 07:57:09 PM by forgetful »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10710 on: August 03, 2021, 08:53:37 PM »

What forgetful said.

I mean… think of any cause or issue that matters to you … what difference can you make as one person?

So …

Stop supporting politicians who are actively and even aggressively trying to undermine our vaccine program; and start supporting those who are actively trying to make it work.

Also … all life is precious, right? So we should care about all of them.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10711 on: August 03, 2021, 09:02:58 PM »
Yes, for over a week, because of a COVID surge.

If you want to help, here's a step in the right direction, refuse to ever support any politician, or media enterprise that spreads lies regarding the vaccine. Refuse to support any politician, or media enterprise that perpetrated lies that this was "just the flu" or it was a giant hoax. Speak out against them.

These are the people that led to the current situation. They sacrificed peoples lives and the good of the nation for political points.

Science and medicine aren't politics. Peoples lives aren't pawns in some political game.

Yes sir!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10712 on: August 03, 2021, 11:46:47 PM »
It is completely unfair.

We’re all living with the consequences of people’s choices like it or not.

Yah capitalism?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10713 on: August 04, 2021, 06:25:21 AM »
Guys, it time to stop talking about this as a pandemic, and start accepting that Covid is going to be endemic.

We're going to see this every year for the rest of our lives, and short of some super vaccine that can stop all known variants, and it being administered worldwide within a couple week period, this is our world now.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10714 on: August 04, 2021, 06:33:56 AM »
Guys, it time to stop talking about this as a pandemic, and start accepting that Covid is going to be endemic.

We're going to see this every year for the rest of our lives, and short of some super vaccine that can stop all known variants, and it being administered worldwide within a couple week period, this is our world now.

Ya I think you’re exactly right and that is why it’s becoming even more important to figure out the origins. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10715 on: August 04, 2021, 06:53:51 AM »
Ya I think you’re exactly right and that is why it’s becoming even more important to figure out the origins.

Uh, no, that'd be a waste of time and money.  Casting blame is pointless.  I assume what you're getting at is that the virus leaked from the lab in Wuhan.  Okay, great, we find that out and then what?  Do you think that IF it leaked from there that the lab hasn't adjusted it's safety protocols in the last year and a half?  Do you want to be punitive?  Do you think the US doesn't have 'research' sites that do the exact same thing?

Literally, no point in finding out the origin as some matter of urgency.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10716 on: August 04, 2021, 07:13:37 AM »
Uh, no, that'd be a waste of time and money.  Casting blame is pointless.  I assume what you're getting at is that the virus leaked from the lab in Wuhan.  Okay, great, we find that out and then what?  Do you think that IF it leaked from there that the lab hasn't adjusted it's safety protocols in the last year and a half?  Do you want to be punitive?  Do you think the US doesn't have 'research' sites that do the exact same thing?

That’s fine, not trying to convince you to change your mind.  IMO it’d be nice to know who, how, and why the world got flipped on its axis the past 18 months and the reason for why we now have a new illness that has become an endemic. 

Can you imagine in 50 years when people ask about the introduction of Covid-19 and people ask how it started with our reply being 🤷‍♂️  Never really found it to be urgent or important to ask those questions.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10717 on: August 04, 2021, 08:41:33 AM »

He's merely trolling you, hards.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10718 on: August 04, 2021, 08:56:29 AM »

<points finger up>

yup, sea lion is gonna sea lion.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10719 on: August 04, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »
The 'Mr. Brightside' band?

This awesome comment deserved more attention
Maigh Eo for Sam

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10720 on: August 04, 2021, 09:29:00 AM »

How is that trolling.  To not look into the origins of what caused millions of people to die seems silly. 

Not great analogies but after JFK was assassinated we didn’t throw our hands up and say, “welp we already got a new president and the secret service has made the necessary adjustments to ensure this won’t happen again so who gives a rip why this happened”

With 09/11, we didn’t say “ahh shoot, we’ve already gone to war and are making the necessary changes to ensure sure this doesn’t happen again so forget the why, who, how”

This has been a once in a lifetime pandemic that is ongoing and we don’t find it important to figure out how the hell this happened and who played a role?  I just can’t get on board with that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 09:31:01 AM by PaceArrow02 »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10721 on: August 04, 2021, 09:35:40 AM »
How is that trolling.  To not look into the origins of what caused millions of people to die seems silly. 

Not great analogies but after JFK was assassinated we didn’t throw our hands up and say, “welp we already got a new president and the secret service has made the necessary adjustments to ensure this won’t happen again so who gives a rip why this happened”

With 09/11, we didn’t say “ahh shoot, we’ve already gone to war and are making the necessary changes to ensure sure this doesn’t happen again so forget the why, who, how”

This has been a once in a lifetime pandemic that is ongoing and we don’t find it important to figure out how the hell this happened and who played a role?  I just can’t get on board with that.

I think it’s important that we learn what happened so we can help prevent it in the future. I also don’t think it’s a top priority thing right now. More pressing issues like stopping the Delta variant, potential future variants, and increasing vaccinations.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #10722 on: August 04, 2021, 09:45:53 AM »
Regarding virus origin tracking: I think you guys underestimate how much animal -> human virus transmission there is in SE Asia. There's a reason that so many people in countries over there wear masks all the time. It's because of the pollution. But also because they can't afford to get sick because many are desperately poor. And also because there are novel viruses more frequently than there are in the West.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10723 on: August 04, 2021, 09:54:49 AM »
Regarding virus origin tracking: I think you guys underestimate how much animal -> human virus transmission there is in SE Asia. There's a reason that so many people in countries over there wear masks all the time. It's because of the pollution. But also because they can't afford to get sick because many are desperately poor. And also because there are novel viruses more frequently than there are in the West.

This is accurate.  Not that we shouldn’t try and find the origins, we should because of the potential breakthroughs scientifically, but we still don’t have a definitive answer about the origin point of the 1918 pandemic.  Good faith investigations versus merely political investigations with preconceived notions are what are needed and that’s not what the poster who suggested it wants
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10724 on: August 04, 2021, 10:01:40 AM »
I think it’s important that we learn what happened so we can help prevent it in the future. I also don’t think it’s a top priority thing right now. More pressing issues like stopping the Delta variant, potential future variants, and increasing vaccinations.

Agree with that as well

feedback