[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129196 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #4050 on: April 14, 2020, 03:41:40 PM »
More than 100 protesters rallied in downtown Raleigh to reopen North Carolina on Tuesday, describing Gov. Roy Cooper’s stay-home order as an unconstitutional overreach that will kill the state’s small businesses.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article241999131.html?

Would be sort of ironic if they all got it from gathering in such a large group
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4051 on: April 14, 2020, 03:42:48 PM »
In Michigan, the plan is to stay in their cars and drive around downtown Lansing honking their horns.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4052 on: April 14, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
In Michigan, the plan is to stay in their cars and drive around downtown Lansing honking their horns.

I'd be torn between saving my eggs to eat and throwing them at the cars 🤔
Maigh Eo for Sam

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #4053 on: April 14, 2020, 03:46:16 PM »
The original goal was to close until end of April, while we got the infrastructure and resources in place to be able to do widespread testing and contact tracing.

We've been chasing that latter aspect forever, largely because of top down failures. We are still failing that test.

The 45 days more, should allow us to get there, unless we continue to have gross incompetence and malfeasance.

If we have all that in place, I believe #1 precludes #2.

In all honesty, much of the nation could have safely reopened now if we didn't have horrendous failures in establishing a robust testing and contact tracing platform. If we open, possibly even before May 1, which was announced as a goal in the press conference yesterday, then #2 almost assuredly happens.

I believe 2 is worse than 1.

I agree with this 100% but i think we will see it in stages and different depending on where you live

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4054 on: April 14, 2020, 03:49:08 PM »

The original goal was to close until end of April, while we got the infrastructure and resources in place to be able to do widespread testing and contact tracing.

We've been chasing that latter aspect forever, largely because of top down failures. We are still failing that test.

The 45 days more, should allow us to get there, unless we continue to have gross incompetence and malfeasance.

If we have all that in place, I believe #1 precludes #2.

In all honesty, much of the nation could have safely reopened now if we didn't have horrendous failures in establishing a robust testing and contact tracing platform. If we open, possibly even before May 1, which was announced as a goal in the press conference yesterday, then #2 almost assuredly happens.

I believe 2 is worse than 1.

Agree completely. And it depends on CDC being allowed to do its thing.

If CDC has been allowed to do its thing  - taking the lead on both testing and contact tracing - from the start, we might already be reopened. Maybe we wouldn’t even had to have closed. This despite the initial failure of one CDC test.

If CDC is pushed into overdrive NOW, we could very well reopen in a few weeks without having to worry about closing back down. Like you said #1 could preclude #2.

But if CDC is left on the back burner as merely a backstop to state and local public health officials, we might be opening and closing over and over until we have a vaccine.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 03:51:51 PM by GooooMarquette »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4055 on: April 14, 2020, 03:54:08 PM »

How is that different from any other day in Michigan?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4056 on: April 14, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »
Well played.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4057 on: April 14, 2020, 04:13:23 PM »

Yep. Too close to be just a coincidence....

Do me a favor, click on the search function here.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=

Type in “both sides” and then warriordad as the user

You will see it is an expression used by me often since I started here and has been part of my vernacular for as long as my memory goes back years and years.  It is how my worldly view is.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4058 on: April 14, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »
New York City’s death toll soars past 10,000 in a revised virus count.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/coronavirus-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#link-7edf39e3

IMHO - with the lack of testing, we may still be undercounting the COVID deaths. Given the initial failures, we will never know for sure.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4059 on: April 14, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »
Do me a favor, click on the search function here.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=

You will see it is an expression used by me often since I started here and has been part of my vernacular for as long as my memory goes back years and years.  It is how my worldly view is.

Trump’s quote was on August 15, 2017. Your profile indicates you registered here shortly thereafter - on November 25, 2017. So yeah - I believe you have used the phrase since you registered here.

Thanks for the roadmap.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #4060 on: April 14, 2020, 04:20:07 PM »

You will see it is an expression used by me often since I started here and has been part of my vernacular for as long as my memory goes back years and years. It is how my worldly view is.

lol, serious man is serious.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4061 on: April 14, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
lol, serious man is serious.

Bigly.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4062 on: April 14, 2020, 05:11:06 PM »
New York City’s death toll soars past 10,000 in a revised virus count.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/coronavirus-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#link-7edf39e3

IMHO - with the lack of testing, we may still be undercounting the COVID deaths. Given the initial failures, we will never know for sure.

China had a big one day jump for the same reason, a shift from requiring rt-PCR verification, to clinical diagnoses in illness and death counts.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4064 on: April 14, 2020, 05:46:31 PM »
If Putin is publically stating those problems, you gotta know they are much, much worse in actuality.

Could just be cover for those uncontrollable  fires dangerously close to the Chernobyl waste storage.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4065 on: April 14, 2020, 05:48:57 PM »
Could just be cover for those uncontrollable  fires dangerously close to the Chernobyl waste storage.

Wouldn’t that be Ukraine’s problem to sweep under the rug?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4066 on: April 14, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
https://theathletic.com/1746724/2020/04/14/mlb-team-employees-will-be-the-subjects-of-the-u-s-s-largest-covid-19-antibody-study/

Ya. Just saw that.

Again, from what I know personally - from only 1 team - these tests are being used in ways slightly different. Though I suppose if the participants/results are from anonymous patients, it won't matter who actually uses them.

jesmu84

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4068 on: April 14, 2020, 06:49:23 PM »
Covid-19: Mayo Clinic now has the capacity to process 10K antibody tests a day

https://www.medcitybeat.com/news-blog/2020/mayo-clinic-laboratories-capacity-10000-serologic-tests

Great for testing purposes, and also a nice step towards more widespread treatment with convalescent plasma.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4069 on: April 14, 2020, 07:11:50 PM »

Agree completely. And it depends on CDC being allowed to do its thing.

If CDC has been allowed to do its thing  - taking the lead on both testing and contact tracing - from the start, we might already be reopened. Maybe we wouldn’t even had to have closed. This despite the initial failure of one CDC test.

If CDC is pushed into overdrive NOW, we could very well reopen in a few weeks without having to worry about closing back down. Like you said #1 could preclude #2.

But if CDC is left on the back burner as merely a backstop to state and local public health officials, we might be opening and closing over and over until we have a vaccine.

Sadly, in today's press conference, we learned that will not be the case. We were told that testing is the State's responsibility, and any failures in testing are the fault of the governors and local entities.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4070 on: April 14, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »
Sadly, in today's press conference, we learned that will not be the case. We were told that testing is the State's responsibility, and any failures in testing are the fault of the governors and local entities.

Starve the beast

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4071 on: April 14, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4072 on: April 14, 2020, 07:59:02 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/492813-trump-to-halt-who-funding-amid-review%3Famp

Lolllllllll. Look in the effing mirror dude. What an idiot.
Just item #126 in his attempt to shift blame elsewhere, item #125 being pretending that states should be responsible for all testing.

"I take no responsibility at all."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4073 on: April 14, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4074 on: April 14, 2020, 08:11:44 PM »

I have all the power!
Also, I have no power.

feedback