collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384478 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1425 on: February 16, 2021, 10:47:22 PM »
yes, BUT employers providing an "incentive' is the big question.  the ADA is asking the EEOC for a quick clarification.  also, proof of vaccination is also somewhat Orwellian. as i said, this could get slippery.  don't remember people having to prove if they were HIV positive/negative back in the day.  because it didn't happen.  why not?  as a healthcare provider, our lives were at risk.  we were a blood spatter away from getting very very ill.  we have run into this issue with fluoride for chriminey's sake.  personally, i could care less if someone wants fluoride or not.  i think it decreases decay, but wtf do i know.  that doesn't mean i'm going to be putting it into everyone's drinking water-gasp

https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2021-archive/february/coalition-asks-equal-employment-opportunity-commission-to-issue-guidance-on-covid-19-vaccination

One other thought: this entire thread is about Covid vaccines. Whether people will get them, whether employers can require them, and whether schools can require them. Bringing HIV into the discussion is a complete non sequitur, as there still is no HIV vaccine.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1426 on: February 17, 2021, 07:44:44 AM »

One other thought: this entire thread is about Covid vaccines. Whether people will get them, whether employers can require them, and whether schools can require them. Bringing HIV into the discussion is a complete non sequitur, as there still is no HIV vaccine.

Not only that, but there is a complete difference between a blood borne pathogen like HIV and COVID.  For 99% of workers, HIV transmission in the workplace isn't an issue whatsoever.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:32 AM »
yes, BUT employers providing an "incentive' is the big question.  the ADA is asking the EEOC for a quick clarification.  also, proof of vaccination is also somewhat Orwellian.

Someone doesn't know what Orwellian means.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1428 on: February 17, 2021, 08:34:16 AM »
Getting Dose 1 tonight
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1429 on: February 17, 2021, 08:52:53 AM »

The post of chick’s that you replied to didn’t talk about employer incentives. It talked about employers requiring vaccination as a condition of employment. Those are two totally different things, and the latter happens all the time.

yes, but let's be real here goooo.  yes they are 2 different things, but i'm sure you've heard about getting an "offer you couldn't refuse".  these things can be mutually, hint hint, inclusive
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1430 on: February 17, 2021, 09:00:01 AM »

Someone doesn't know what Orwellian means.

if you don't see the "orwellian" analogy here, go back and read orwell, just as you are being equally naïve or purposely vacuous about the cancel culture.  for you puffy, everything goes thru your woke crap
don't...don't don't don't don't

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1431 on: February 17, 2021, 09:13:02 AM »
  if you don't see the "orwellian" analogy here, go back and read orwell, just as you are being equally naïve or purposely vacuous about the cancel culture.  for you puffy, everything goes thru your woke crap

Big yikes

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1432 on: February 17, 2021, 09:36:18 AM »
yes, but let's be real here goooo.  yes they are 2 different things, but i'm sure you've heard about getting an "offer you couldn't refuse".  these things can be mutually, hint hint, inclusive

You wanna be real? Employers have required pre-employment physicals and evidence of vaccination status for years. I have an annual requirement to provide documentation of a flu shot, or register a religious objection. They withhold paychecks for anyone who doesn't comply. Schools have required documentation of vaccinations for ages, again with a religious exception. And people who have been talking about Covid vaccination requirements are likewise proposing a religious exception.

You try to portray this as something new or 'Orwellian,' but the reality is it has been going on for many years.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:37:54 AM by GooooMarquette »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1433 on: February 17, 2021, 09:51:52 AM »
First dose on board.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: February 17, 2021, 09:52:34 AM »

LOL, we are now applying "cancel culture" to a workplace requirement?  Like if my employer doesn't allow me to show up to work naked, I am getting "cancelled?"

It's become such a meaningless phrase because apparently it now means that someone can do what ever the f*ck they want without consequence.

And no.  You don't know what Orwellian means.

• All American
« Reply #1435 on: February 17, 2021, 09:53:47 AM »

You wanna be real? Employers have required pre-employment physicals and evidence of vaccination status for years. I have an annual requirement to provide documentation of a flu shot, or register a religious objection. They withhold paychecks for anyone who doesn't comply. Schools have required documentation of vaccinations for ages, again with a religious exception. And people who have been talking about Covid vaccination requirements are likewise proposing a religious exception.

You try to portray this as something new or 'Orwellian,' but the reality is it has been going on for many years.

WiThOlDiNg PaY?  YoU'rE gEttInG "CANCELLED!!!"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1436 on: February 17, 2021, 10:30:09 AM »
Are vaccine requirements or not allowing shaved heads more orwellian?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1437 on: February 17, 2021, 12:00:49 PM »
First dose on board.

Great to hear, tower.

I know it's been a tough road with your bout with Covid and lingering smell issues. Glad to hear you're getting your immunity boosted with the vaccine.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1438 on: February 17, 2021, 12:34:49 PM »
First dose on board.

Glad to see people getting shot. Wish it was that easy here. But at least I am now on the list. My 1st shot won't be until March 11.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1439 on: February 17, 2021, 12:38:22 PM »
I said many times I was willing to wait a lot longer for the vaccine, but city hall kind of forced my hand.

No longer considered workman's comp after March 31 without the vaccine.

Not allowed to attend training out of town without the vaccine.

I wasn't particularly worried about reinfection, but the higher ups are.

So, I took a dose away from somebody else in the interest of getting 'the man' off my back.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1440 on: February 17, 2021, 12:41:47 PM »
If things were to go just "as expected," when will we be (responsibly) able to fill a sports arena without wearing masks?  Even if it means showing your proof of vaccination for entry.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: February 17, 2021, 12:42:28 PM »
IMO, autumn.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1442 on: February 17, 2021, 12:54:09 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1443 on: February 17, 2021, 01:27:30 PM »
Baseball and other outdoor sports will be at 50% capacity by late summer/early fall.  Indoor sports will take longer, IMO.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1444 on: February 17, 2021, 01:46:55 PM »
Baseball and other outdoor sports will be at 50% capacity by late summer/early fall.  Indoor sports will take longer, IMO.

I don't anticipate full arenas being allowed for at least two years. Unmasked, maybe never.

I just get the vibe from public health officials that they want some measures in place in perpetuity, even if the vaccination campaign is effective.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1445 on: February 17, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »

Yup, agree.  Assuming things progress they way they have been.

I don't anticipate full arenas being allowed for at least two years. Unmasked, maybe never.

I just get the vibe from public health officials that they want some measures in place in perpetuity, even if the vaccination campaign is effective.

Disagree, wholeheartedly.  I've seen nothing to suggest this.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1446 on: February 17, 2021, 02:23:02 PM »
Mommy, the counties are being mean to me! DeathSantis trying to live up to his nickname!
Ron DeSantis suggests he might divert vaccines to parts of Florida that aren't criticizing him

https://www.rawstory.com/ron-desantis/

On Wednesday, at a press conference in Lakewood Ranch, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) appeared to suggest that if county officials want to criticize how he's distributing vaccines, he's happy to divert vaccines from counties critical of him to counties that aren't.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1447 on: February 17, 2021, 02:24:17 PM »
Mommy, the counties are being mean to me! DeathSantis trying to live up to his nickname!
Ron DeSantis suggests he might divert vaccines to parts of Florida that aren't criticizing him

https://www.rawstory.com/ron-desantis/

On Wednesday, at a press conference in Lakewood Ranch, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) appeared to suggest that if county officials want to criticize how he's distributing vaccines, he's happy to divert vaccines from counties critical of him to counties that aren't.

Kind of like when Trump was telling people he would send ventilators to states that were kind to him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1448 on: February 17, 2021, 02:35:05 PM »

[/quote]

Maybe in Dane county

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1449 on: February 17, 2021, 02:36:15 PM »

I hope you're right. But when I hear Fauci and co. moving the goalposts back on herd immunity, Biden saying we'll need masks into 2022, it doesn't make me optimistic.