collapse

* Recent Posts

Home and Home with Maryland by PointWarrior
[Today at 10:09:08 AM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1130639 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #5800 on: May 21, 2020, 05:54:32 PM »
It will be interesting to see when the bars open back up what happens.
Even with spacing.
Studies have shown voice projections such as singing or loud talking spreads the virus.
You never hear people talking loud in bars especially drunk people.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5801 on: May 21, 2020, 06:14:47 PM »
It will be interesting to see when the bars open back up what happens.
Even with spacing.
Studies have shown voice projections such as singing or loud talking spreads the virus.
You never hear people talking loud in bars especially drunk people.

I don’t get louder when I drink, I get smarter, so I’ll be fine
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5802 on: May 21, 2020, 06:27:05 PM »

So your IQ hits 40 then, aina?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5803 on: May 21, 2020, 06:30:32 PM »

Post of the week!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5804 on: May 21, 2020, 06:40:23 PM »
Also heard AAU hoops tournament is taking place in Florida this weekend.
Temp checks to get in the door if you have a temp you do not get in.  limited amount of spectators will be allowed.  Games played in blocks so once your block is done you leave the gym through a separate area than the entrance

Forget the temp checks. Require masks.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5805 on: May 21, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »

Yeah, dont understand the temp check.  Seems like a seriously lagging indicator.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5806 on: May 21, 2020, 06:44:04 PM »
So your IQ hits 40 then, aina?

I wish
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5807 on: May 21, 2020, 06:48:23 PM »
I wish
[/quote

Yeah was probably generous with the 40.   8-)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5808 on: May 21, 2020, 07:08:53 PM »
Allowing for snark....if we don't open now, when do we? You're king of America as of today, what's your plan from this point forward?

His plan is to wish he was a good athlete so that he could pull the covers over his head and whine like his hero, Blake Snell.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #5809 on: May 21, 2020, 07:24:46 PM »

Masks were encouraged and might be required.  Forgot that one

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5810 on: May 21, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »
Yeah, dont understand the temp check.  Seems like a seriously lagging indicator.

Absolutely.  It's pretty stupid considering all of the asymptomatic cases we are seeing.  A temp tells you someone is currently sick, not that they're infected and spreading.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5811 on: May 21, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
Agree that temp checks are a weak indicator since not every patient gets fever, and it lags initial infection and contagiousness.

Still, it’s an easy thing to check with the non-contact thermometers, and sometimes fever is the first symptom, starting as soon as 2 days after exposure. So low yield, but really fast and easy.

Now if we were still in the era of exclusively rectal temps....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5812 on: May 21, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »
His plan is to wish he was a good athlete so that he could pull the covers over his head and whine like his hero, Blake Snell.

Sounds like you're the one carrying on and whining.  Snell made a statement more than a few baseball players are agreeing with.  I have no problem with a professional athlete saying that if you want to force him to not leave his hotel room on a road trip and wear a mask anytime he's not on the field competing and have a swab stuck up his nose almost to his brain every day then pay him what he agreed to.  If you want him to take a pay cut to do it he'll sit out.  I see no problem with it.  If that makes him my hero, then I've found a hero in Blake Snell!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #5813 on: May 21, 2020, 08:05:32 PM »
Game time! Guess who said it.

"I tested very positively in another sense. I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5814 on: May 21, 2020, 08:07:59 PM »
Sounds like you're the one carrying on and whining.  Snell made a statement more than a few baseball players are agreeing with.  I have no problem with a professional athlete saying that if you want to force him to not leave his hotel room on a road trip and wear a mask anytime he's not on the field competing and have a swab stuck up his nose almost to his brain every day then pay him what he agreed to.  If you want him to take a pay cut to do it he'll sit out.  I see no problem with it.  If that makes him my hero, then I've found a hero in Blake Snell!

You must have an alert for every time I post - you respond almost immediately as a rule. Meanwhile, you still haven’t answered Eng’s question. If you had I wouldn’t have made my admittedly snarky post.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #5815 on: May 21, 2020, 08:13:46 PM »

cousins dad passed away due to kidney problems a couple weeks ago.  He was put on the covid floor cause he had a temp and his death was ruled cause of covid for hospital benefits.  Seems a lot of places are going off temp checks

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #5816 on: May 21, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »

You are entitled to your opinion. Personally, I don't think hero worshiping an entire generation is healthy or fair. I also don't think demonizing an entire generation (like your boomers suck example) is healthy or fair either.

It is not hero worshiping, it is acknowledging what they did and I doubt any future generation in this country will ever do again.  It is my opinion and memorialized by properly for people that have come later who have little idea the gravity of the situation or the sacrifice people made then.  No idea.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5817 on: May 21, 2020, 08:17:51 PM »
Game time! Guess who said it.

"I tested very positively in another sense. I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

For someone you proclaim to loathe, you are pretty obsessed with him.

Does the president affect your life that much?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5818 on: May 21, 2020, 08:25:38 PM »
For someone you proclaim to loathe, you are pretty obsessed with him.

Does the president affect your life that much?

Obviously.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #5819 on: May 21, 2020, 08:29:21 PM »
I understand your point, but I think its fair to point out that one of the primary reasons we had a shortage of tests in March that left us flying blind was because the CDC royally screwed up fabricating their test in January and February.  Then they dragged their feet "fixing" the problem only to find out the test was essentially useless.  They were supposed to set up contact tracing and surveillance testing in key areas by mid-February and didn't. 

That's not to say the CDC is useless, but my point is they own a level of culpability in how we got to where we are.

We also had a major shortage of masks by millions because Trump didn't replace them in 2017-2019 and Obama didn't from 2011 to 2016.  Fact checked by the media.
— Plato

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5820 on: May 21, 2020, 08:31:10 PM »
Agree that temp checks are a weak indicator since not every patient gets fever, and it lags initial infection and contagiousness.

They’re also a weak indicator since everyone with a fever doesn’t have COVID.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #5821 on: May 21, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »
Oh go dunk your head in a vat of grease, it was a hypothetical to start a discussion. Your post provides no value and is intentionally antagonistic. Contribute in a meaningful way or move along.

How so?  Do you believe the answer for NY should be the answer for Wyoming?  Explain.   And we don't have a king nor do we have a form of gov't that allows the President to call all the shots.  How is that antagonistic?
— Plato

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5822 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »
They’re also a weak indicator since everyone with a fever doesn’t have COVID.

I am not qualified to qualify the strength of temperature checks among other options.  I will say that deployed in a workforce it isn’t perfect But it has caught Covid at the door instead of letting it into a facility. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5823 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:56 PM »
It is not hero worshiping, it is acknowledging what they did and I doubt any future generation in this country will ever do again.  It is my opinion and memorialized by properly for people that have come later who have little idea the gravity of the situation or the sacrifice people made then.  No idea.

It becomes hero worshipping when you only acknowledge the positive and refuse to acknowledge the not so positive.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #5824 on: May 21, 2020, 08:48:58 PM »
I am not qualified to qualify the strength of temperature checks among other options.  I will say that deployed in a workforce it isn’t perfect But it has caught Covid at the door instead of letting it into a facility.

keeps people that are sick period away from others which is a good thing in general