'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Championship game predictions  (Read 13778 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Championship game predictions
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2018, 08:36:03 AM »
None of the noted scenario's get me angry. Only that bothers me is if coach does poorly and is not fired. Coaches come and go, at most places. I would always prefer a guy winning and staying, but that is not always possible.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »
Does that pay well? Are there, like, multipliers to their earnings as collegiate athletes?

Indirectly, yes.  Depends mostly on where you'd be taken in the draft today vs. 12 months from now, but also on what you make of an additional year in school.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2018, 09:07:13 AM »
No...which is why I said I don't expect them to return.

Just giving you a hard time - we agree: these guys have led a dominant team to a title. Sure they could go for unprecedented glory in the modern era, but at what risk?

It would be "cool", to the extent that watching elite athletes risk their livelihoods as professional athletes for my entertainment is "cool".

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
Just giving you a hard time - we agree: these guys have led a dominant team to a title. Sure they could go for unprecedented glory in the modern era, but at what risk?

It would be "cool", to the extent that watching elite athletes risk their livelihoods as professional athletes for my entertainment is "cool".

Was the Noah Florida team the last time this occurred?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »

Umm they still left early
Were fringe draft picks after sophomire seasons, came back for junior seasons
Wholly different scenario
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:18:17 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, Goose. You took a shot and you were wrong. I've been wrong a bazillion times.

Nova is an excellent team on both ends of the court, well-coached, deep, can beat you with 3s, can beat you inside, do a great job on the boards, etc, etc, etc.

Michigan was fortunate to reach the title game, but they have nothing to apologize for. They just weren't good enough to beat the nation's best team.

There are those who say the winner of the title game isn't necessarily the best team, and there has been some fun debate here on Scoop, but I doubt too many will argue that Nova wasn't the best team this season.

So this year the National Champ was actually the best team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »
Umm they still left early
Were fringe draft picks after sophomire seasons, came back for junior seasons
Wholly different scenario

Many thought Noah would have been the No. 1 pick in the 2006 draft had he left after the first title. He seen as a stud, was the Most Outstanding Player of the regional and MOP of the Final Four. He certainly would have been top 5.

He chose to stay, and he ended up going No. 9 in 2007.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »
But we must be patient and give Wojo another 10 years to really be fair. Wonder if Wojo will still be here in 10 plus years.
I know it is pointless to respond to your idiocy, but...

It took Wright 22 years as a head coach to win a NC.  But wee Willie whines after...well, pretty much since year 1.  If you want MU to be akin to Nova are you going to wait another 18 years?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »

Florida w/ Joakim Noah only won 2 titles.  Brunson and Bridges would be going for #3 in their career, something that probably hasn't happened since the 70's UCLA.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »
Florida w/ Joakim Noah only won 2 titles.  Brunson and Bridges would be going for #3 in their career, something that probably hasn't happened since the 70's UCLA.

Yeah, my guess is that the law of diminishing returns would be in play here.
Have some patience, FFS.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »

Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill and a few other Duke guys went for number three as Duke made the finals in 90, 91, 92 and 94. But the draft was very different then as it pertained to underclassmen declaring.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”