[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 95630 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: 2023-24 NFL Thread
« Reply #1800 on: December 12, 2023, 06:04:20 AM »
I guess Baltimore is the best team in the AFC, but I can see some team coming out of left field. Cleveland anyone?

NFC will be one of three teams and the Cowboys will advance to their first conference championship in almost 30 years.
Why I am I reading this in the voice of Freeway?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1801 on: December 12, 2023, 09:13:36 AM »
They were bad all night but Tennessee handed them a 14 point lead with 4:30 left. And they were at home. And playing against a rookie QB. They give up 2 TDs and 2 point conversion in 3 minutes and can’t even get into FG range in the final minute and a half. Brutal.

Good synopsis, Lenny. The Dolphins almost had to try to lose that game. That they did was brutal - and comical.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1802 on: December 12, 2023, 09:33:42 AM »
some of you guys seem to have a need to be purposely confrontational when none is really needed.   

oh, btw, tell your buddy wades he supports an anti-Semitic organization-might want to rethink his faux virtue signaling-that's kinda old school now.  the mask has been pulled off that criminal scam

Aw how cute.

The fact that you STILL don't understand says a lot more about you than anything else.  Nothing that we didn't already know about you, of course.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1803 on: December 12, 2023, 09:37:27 AM »
Aw how cute.

The fact that you STILL don't understand says a lot more about you than anything else.  Nothing that we didn't already know about you, of course.

I mean, he worships a false god who dines with people that want to wipe Jews off the face of the earth. So he's a perfect spokesman for Judaism. roQQet also was so desperate that he put politics in the NFL thread.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1804 on: December 12, 2023, 09:48:27 AM »
I mean, he worships a false god who dines with people that want to wipe Jews off the face of the earth. So he's a perfect spokesman for Judaism. roQQet also was so desperate that he put politics in the NFL thread.

Rocket's a nut job that genuinely needs help.

But you calling out others bringing politics into threads is...something.  Given that you do it more than anyone else on Scoop, maybe leave that for others where it wouldn't be so hypocritical.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1805 on: December 12, 2023, 10:58:30 AM »
some of you guys seem to have a need to be purposely confrontational when none is really needed.   

oh, btw, tell your buddy wades he supports an anti-Semitic organization-might want to rethink his faux virtue signaling-that's kinda old school now.  the mask has been pulled off that criminal scam
"Hey guys, it's totally ok for me to make a questionable racial reference.

And also, that black oganization is totally bad."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1806 on: December 12, 2023, 01:59:30 PM »
Rocket's a nut job that genuinely needs help.

But you calling out others bringing politics into threads is...something.  Given that you do it more than anyone else on Scoop, maybe leave that for others where it wouldn't be so hypocritical.

Just about the only time I bring politics into a thread is after others do or when a thread has clearly been established as a "political thread," such as the current Everyone Who Doesn't Agree With Doc & Douchey Is An Antisemite thread.

For example, I doubt you'll find examples of me starting political conversations in this 2023-24 NFL Thread.

But duly noted, and we do agree about your first sentence.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1807 on: December 12, 2023, 02:57:56 PM »
"Hey guys, it's totally ok for me to make a questionable racial reference.

And also, that black oganization is totally bad."

what's the "questionable racial reference"??  homey?  if that's "racist" you guys are the ones who need help

never said "that black organization" that wades supports is "totally bad"  just that it's a big scam, cheating innocent people out of money they promised and they're anti-Semitic

and WB, i got help so i'm all good now
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1808 on: December 12, 2023, 03:01:33 PM »
never said "that black organization" that wades supports is "totally bad"  just that it's a big scam, cheating innocent people out of money they promised and they're anti-Semitic

This was debunked months ago. Why do you keep repeating it?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1809 on: December 12, 2023, 03:02:40 PM »
So, back to the NFL. Where do the Bears go with JF? Personally, he is getting better but still has obvious issues (ball security, missing open receivers and quick decision making). Vikings game, not so good but very good against the Lions.

Feels like a QB you can win with but maybe not because of, but that will still make him a $40M per year player. Hitting the reset button on the salary with a highly rated QB in the draft is very tempting. So does loading up on other quality players besides the QB.

For me, Eberflus is not a big decision, he can be replaced anytime if he is not the HC to make them a contender. The QB position is the key decision for the Bears short term.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1810 on: December 12, 2023, 03:08:01 PM »
Would you trade Fields for Love, straight up?  Fields for Goff?   Look around the league.  First of all, all of the back ups make this difficult, but how many QB1s would you honestly take over Fields straight up?     I think he is in the middle third of QBs with a better chance than most to move up.    Or, the Lions just made him look that way.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1811 on: December 12, 2023, 03:13:19 PM »
This was debunked months ago. Why do you keep repeating it?

He’s not very bright
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1812 on: December 12, 2023, 03:25:20 PM »
Would you trade Fields for Love, straight up?  Fields for Goff?   Look around the league.  First of all, all of the back ups make this difficult, but how many QB1s would you honestly take over Fields straight up?     I think he is in the middle third of QBs with a better chance than most to move up.    Or, the Lions just made him look that way.

Its very intriguing.  Ive seen a couple of threads recently that with emergence of the Bears defense, Poles maneuvering has actually been very good, save for the Claypool disaster.  The Panthers being unexpectedly bad was fortunate, but still.  If they stay with Fields and trade out of #1 to one of the QB desperate teams...He could have turned the 2023 #1 into DJ Moore, Darnell Wright, Tyrique Stevenson, plus potentially another first round pick in both 24 and 25 and you'd think they'd want an impact player along with picks for #1.

I'm open to a variety of options, and not married to Fields, but if Fields has another few good games, I'd want to jettison Getsy and trade out of #1 and keep the rebuild going strong.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1813 on: December 12, 2023, 03:26:45 PM »
Great questions. I do think Fields has moved into the 13-20 best QBs. As for moving up the list, not sure at this point in his career many QBs make big improvements (started about 40 NFL games?). Incremental sure, but I don't see him as a top 10 guy over a full season.

I wouldn't trade him for Goff. I think I would for Love. He seems like a better passer and I don't know how long Fields will be a great runner.  But I'd rather pick a QB than take Love.

Maybe the answer is "depends on the trade market for Fields"?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1814 on: December 12, 2023, 03:47:27 PM »

If I'm a Bears fan?  I'd take Love for him, I wouldn't take Goff, but that's because of age and injury history.  If I had a Super Bowl contender going into next year, I'd take Goff and Love over Fields.

But I wouldn't want any of those 3 as my starting QB for a team that hopes to win a SB.

I think Love is a little better than Fields.  But I think both guys will give you a 3-5 game stretch every year where you think, "Wow, we can win with this guy."  And the rest of the year stink out loud.  Best thing to do is to move on from those guys.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 03:49:22 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1815 on: December 12, 2023, 04:15:28 PM »
I guess Baltimore is the best team in the AFC, but I can see some team coming out of left field. Cleveland anyone?

NFC will be one of three teams and the Cowboys will advance to their first conference championship in almost 30 years.

If the playoffs started today, yes. But with the ebbs and flows, mostly due to injuries, a lot can change before the playoffs.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1816 on: December 12, 2023, 04:18:47 PM »
I'm open to a variety of options, and not married to Fields, but if Fields has another few good games, I'd want to jettison Getsy and trade out of #1 and keep the rebuild going strong.
The Browns and Packer games are the bellwether games for me. Even in winning at the Vikings, Fields looked rough. No TDs and a horrible turnover (1 of 2).

Agreed, Getsy has to go. He is in way over his head as an NFL OC.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1817 on: December 12, 2023, 05:42:20 PM »
Wow, lot of smoke with Belichick and the Pats parting ways after this season.

Die young or live long enough to become the villain ineffectual coach

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1818 on: December 12, 2023, 05:49:00 PM »
Its very intriguing.  Ive seen a couple of threads recently that with emergence of the Bears defense, Poles maneuvering has actually been very good, save for the Claypool disaster.  The Panthers being unexpectedly bad was fortunate, but still.  If they stay with Fields and trade out of #1 to one of the QB desperate teams...He could have turned the 2023 #1 into DJ Moore, Darnell Wright, Tyrique Stevenson, plus potentially another first round pick in both 24 and 25 and you'd think they'd want an impact player along with picks for #1.

Would you even consider holding on to the #1 and drafting Marvin Harrison Jr.?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1819 on: December 12, 2023, 05:50:37 PM »
IMO - roll with Justin for 1 more year (assuming he doesn't try to hold out for long contract) and don't pick up his 5th year option.

Trade down in the draft once or twice and load the team with more picks/depth.

Find out how much another team might give for Fields (draft picks or otherwise).

Take a QB at any point in the draft this year other than 1/2.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1820 on: December 12, 2023, 06:08:28 PM »
What a catastrophe by Miami.

But there are a lot of these catastrophes every year. That is the.NFL. REeally bad teams win. Really good teams lose.

The way of the world.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1821 on: December 12, 2023, 07:57:19 PM »
IMO - roll with Justin for 1 more year (assuming he doesn't try to hold out for long contract) and don't pick up his 5th year option.

Trade down in the draft once or twice and load the team with more picks/depth.

Find out how much another team might give for Fields (draft picks or otherwise).

Take a QB at any point in the draft this year other than 1/2.
I follow the logic. I was surprised they didn't take a QB last draft. IMO the Bears have the luxury of taking a QB in the top 10 but not #1 and keep Fields. But, if your scouts agree that Williams is the generational talent that most think he is, you have to pick him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1822 on: December 12, 2023, 08:13:59 PM »
But there are a lot of these catastrophes every year. That is the.NFL. REeally bad teams win. Really good teams lose.

The way of the world.

Yeah, but really good teams don’t blow 14 point in the last 4 minutes at home to a bad team being led by a rookie QB.

Which prove Miami is not a really good team.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1823 on: December 12, 2023, 08:22:56 PM »
Yeah, but really good teams don’t blow 14 point in the last 4 minutes at home to a bad team being led by a rookie QB.

Which prove Miami is not a really good team.

Those kind of things happen almost every year. It’s part of the game.

That’s why GBs loss last night is not the end of the world.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1824 on: December 12, 2023, 09:36:12 PM »
Those kind of things happen almost every year. It’s part of the game.

That’s why GBs loss last night is not the end of the world.

Please give me examples of late in the season division leading teams blowing 14 point leads in the last 4 minutes at home to a bottom dweller led by a rookie QB and losing the game in regulation. I’d guess it almost never happens.

You’ve already backtracked from these kind of catastrophes happen frequently every year to one happens almost every year. I think you can go even further.

feedback