[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 95588 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2023-24 NFL Thread
« Reply #1400 on: November 13, 2023, 10:27:48 PM »
That was a hell of a game.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1401 on: November 13, 2023, 10:28:56 PM »
Fumblin’ and bumblin’.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1402 on: November 13, 2023, 10:40:06 PM »

As in bad, yeah. Going to be some housecleaning in Buffalo.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1403 on: November 13, 2023, 10:40:38 PM »

Emphasis on the hell part.

The Bills have the same record as one team starting Gardner Minshew and another team that fired its coach two weeks ago and is starting a rookie 4th round pick.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1404 on: November 13, 2023, 10:47:15 PM »
Emphasis on the hell part.

The Bills have the same record as one team starting Gardner Minshew and another team that fired its coach two weeks ago and is starting a rookie 4th round pick.

Yup on the emphasis.

I wonder if Buffalo would try to come up with some trade compensation to bring back Daboll. There’s no way (barring a miraculous run) McDermott is back.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1405 on: November 13, 2023, 10:58:50 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1406 on: November 14, 2023, 07:58:07 AM »
That the Cowboys are only 10-point favorites over the Panthers is stunning.

There will be more Cowboys fans in the downtown Charlotte stadium on Sunday than there will be Panthers fans.

This could be a 45-6 game, and the Panthers won't have the 45.

(Disclaimer: I am not a betting expert and, in fact, haven't bet on a sporting event in years.)

(Disclaimer II ... though I'm thinking about betting on this one)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1407 on: November 14, 2023, 08:43:24 AM »

There will be more Cowboys fans in the downtown Charlotte stadium on Sunday than there will be Panthers fans.

(Disclaimer: I am not a betting expert and, in fact, haven't bet on a sporting event in years.)

Call me crazy but I feel like anytime an NFL line his double digits it's Vegas saying THIS IS A HUGE LINE.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1408 on: November 14, 2023, 09:09:09 AM »
Probably time for a coaching change in Buffalo. This probably isn't even McDermott's "fault," but ...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1409 on: November 14, 2023, 09:42:16 AM »
Probably time for a coaching change in Buffalo. This probably isn't even McDermott's "fault," but ...

I wouldn't be so sure.  McDermott deserves a ton of credit for what he's done in Buffalo.  His predecessors were thoroughly mediocre and he's turned Buffalo into a contender.  Josh Allen helps, of course, but he wasn't some magic bullet, he needed to be molded and groomed.

But that said, he deserves the full fault and criticism for whatever the hell is going on this year.  Its not just Daboll leaving.  He was gone last year and they still went 13-3.  Anyone who watched the Bills the last few years as opposed to this year can see the difference.  They had a gunslinger swagger and confidence and excitement.  That is seemingly gone.  Ive commented in this thread before that they've played scared and been cautious in some of their coin flip decision making, which is not a hallmark of the McDermott Bills previously.  And Josh Allen has regressed hard this year.  He's always gonna be an up and down guy, like Favre, but there looks to be some consistent flaws game to game.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1410 on: November 14, 2023, 09:45:04 AM »
I wouldn't be so sure.  McDermott deserves a ton of credit for what he's done in Buffalo.  His predecessors were thoroughly mediocre and he's turned Buffalo into a contender.  Josh Allen helps, of course, but he wasn't some magic bullet, he needed to be molded and groomed.

But that said, he deserves the full fault and criticism for whatever the hell is going on this year.  Its not just Daboll leaving.  He was gone last year and they still went 13-3.  Anyone who watched the Bills the last few years as opposed to this year can see the difference.  They had a gunslinger swagger and confidence and excitement.  That is seemingly gone.  Ive commented in this thread before that they've played scared and been cautious in some of their coin flip decision making, which is not a hallmark of the McDermott Bills previously.  And Josh Allen has regressed hard this year.  He's always gonna be an up and down guy, like Favre, but there looks to be some consistent flaws game to game.

Yeah, I think they're going to make a change at Offensive Coordinator first.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1411 on: November 14, 2023, 10:32:43 AM »

Good call.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1412 on: November 14, 2023, 11:03:58 AM »
Good call.

Prescient!

And thus begins Joe Brady’s last chance to prove he wasn’t a fluke. Terrible in Carolina, has been the QB coach as Allen floundered, now will call the plays for a team/offense in disarray.  Sheesh

To be fair, I’m speaking to the NFL.  If he stinks again, he’ll get a QB coach or OC gig for a mid level P5 school in no time

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1413 on: November 14, 2023, 11:38:06 AM »

They certainly won’t get rid of the Human Turnover Machine.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1414 on: November 14, 2023, 12:14:11 PM »

They seem disjointed, they make an incredible number of sloppy/stoopid mistakes, have poor attention to detail ... and they just don't play winning football. And Allen ... yikes.

I'm just saying that sometimes there is a statute of limitations on when a certain coach's voice stops being heard. Phil Jackson used to talk about that - even for excellent coaches, it can happen. Has McDermott reached that point? Not sure. And they certainly have had a ton of defensive injuries.

Maybe Sultan is right and they'll just do an OC change ... but the OC wasn't responsible for 12 guys being on the field at the end of the last game.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1415 on: November 14, 2023, 12:20:25 PM »
They seem disjointed, they make an incredible number of sloppy/stoopid mistakes, have poor attention to detail ... and they just don't play winning football. And Allen ... yikes.

I'm just saying that sometimes there is a statute of limitations on when a certain coach's voice stops being heard. Phil Jackson used to talk about that - even for excellent coaches, it can happen. Has McDermott reached that point? Not sure. And they certainly have had a ton of defensive injuries.

Maybe Sultan is right and they'll just do an OC change ... but the OC wasn't responsible for 12 guys being on the field at the end of the last game.

Oh I completely agree.  I was saying I think its primarily McDermott's fault.  They don't "look like the Bills" of the last few years, and thats coaching, IMO.  Moreso than injuries.  The OC situation has been bad, but thats also on the HC to an extent.

They certainly won’t get rid of the Human Turnover Machine.

Are you gonna go cranky sports hate on Allen too?

His TD/INT the last 3 years...

37/10
36/15
35/14 

Does he need a good OC to help reign him in and curb a need to play hero ball?  Sure.  But in a league that is SEVERELY lacking in quality QB depth, he's one of the last people that should be getting side eye in Buffalo.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1416 on: November 14, 2023, 12:26:56 PM »

Or a defensive play call with 35 second remaining that left a receiver running free behind the secondary. The Bills stacked eight defenders at the LOS on that play - a 3rd and 10, no less - leaving single coverage on all three receivers without even a single deep safety. An absolutely insane time to call Cover 0.
What could go wrong?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1417 on: November 14, 2023, 01:48:11 PM »
Or a defensive play call with 35 second remaining that left a receiver running free behind the secondary. The Bills stacked eight defenders at the LOS on that play - a 3rd and 10, no less - leaving single coverage on all three receivers without even a single deep safety. An absolutely insane time to call Cover 0.
What could go wrong?

Yeah, that too.

McDermott's been there for 7 years. He's had a lot of regular-season success, especially the last few years. He's had a lot of talent to work with, including a Pro Bowl QB. He's won three straight division titles. He's also 4-5 in the playoffs, with only one trip to the conference title game, and zero Super Bowl appearances.

He certainly has a good enough body of work for the owner to think that this year has been something of an outlier (at least as far as the regular season goes) and that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. But changing course in a situation like this certainly wouldn't be unprecedented, either.

Way too much talent in Buffalo all these years to have had so little postseason success IMHO. And this season has been a total train wreck.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1418 on: November 14, 2023, 02:29:46 PM »
Yeah, that too.

McDermott's been there for 7 years. He's had a lot of regular-season success, especially the last few years. He's had a lot of talent to work with, including a Pro Bowl QB. He's won three straight division titles. He's also 4-5 in the playoffs, with only one trip to the conference title game, and zero Super Bowl appearances.

He certainly has a good enough body of work for the owner to think that this year has been something of an outlier (at least as far as the regular season goes) and that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. But changing course in a situation like this certainly wouldn't be unprecedented, either.

Way too much talent in Buffalo all these years to have had so little postseason success IMHO. And this season has been a total train wreck.

They’re in need of a reset. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1419 on: November 14, 2023, 02:45:36 PM »
I'd trade Love and MLF for Allen and McDermott.  Maybe the Bills would be willing to throw in some weapons or OL help to sweeten the deal, too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1420 on: November 14, 2023, 02:54:56 PM »
I'd trade Love and MLF for Allen and McDermott.  Maybe the Bills would be willing to throw in some weapons or OL help to sweeten the deal, too.

Bills OL sucks. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1421 on: November 14, 2023, 03:02:44 PM »
Eye'd peddle #10 and MLF fore a couple used Bikes, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1422 on: November 14, 2023, 03:10:19 PM »

Are you gonna go cranky sports hate on Allen too?

His TD/INT the last 3 years...

37/10
36/15
35/14 

Does he need a good OC to help reign him in and curb a need to play hero ball?  Sure.  But in a league that is SEVERELY lacking in quality QB depth, he's one of the last people that should be getting side eye in Buffalo.

It was just a sarcastic comment. No different than if I said that Allen makes Farve look like a game manager.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1423 on: November 14, 2023, 03:35:45 PM »

An interesting phenomenon we are seeing in The NFL is the stadiums at road games ,for Popular teams ,tend to be half filled or more with road teams fans.

For example,  I went to the Packers Raiders game a few weeks ago and when the Packers gained 4 yards on a rushing play the whole place erupted .

« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 05:46:38 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1424 on: November 14, 2023, 04:01:32 PM »
An interesting phenomenon we are seeing in The NFL is the stadiums at road games ,for Popular teams ,tend to be half filled or. More with road teams fans.

For example,  I went to the Packers Raiders game a few weeks ago and when the Packers gained 4 yards on a rushing play the whole place erupted .

Yes, this is a new thing that just started this year. I was taken aback when I noticed as well.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 04:04:34 PM by The Sultan of Semantics »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow