[Today at 11:29:24 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wring out the Hoyas  (Read 12891 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Wring out the Hoyas
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »
Favorite quotes from the Hoya board:

"They recruit basketball players, we recruit athletes"

"Rowsey is exactly the kind of unnatural carnal knowledge that must remind Wojo of himself"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »
Just imagine if Pryor were on this squad instead of KR. Damnnnn.

Nice W. Take SHU on the road and I'll get very excited.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »
It is only 1.   17 to go.    But better to win this one than have to find one to win later.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »
It is only 1.   17 to go.    But better to win this one than have to find one to win later.

This. 1 down. 8/9 to go.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »
Definitely agree especially with 6,7, and 9.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 10:15:48 PM »
Good thought on the point guard fouls. Weirdest thing about the game. Waking nightmare at 3min mark with rowsy out, Markus with 4 and thinkin HC at point with his tentative play and GT pressing. Scary.

Hope this is an outlier one-off whatever. Traci was loss.

But they survived.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 10:17:52 PM »

"Rowsey is exactly the kind of unnatural carnal knowledge that must remind Wojo of himself"

Haha--love it.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 10:18:42 PM »
Best game played by MU this year and possibly in the last 3 yrs. D coming around, fewer dumb mistakes, fewer turnovers, lights out shooting, love the steals and hung in there at the end against the press. SH and HC better on D, their offense will be there during the season. It was  MH's and JJJ's night. MH has ice water in his views, particularly for a Freshman. Maybe Wojo has some Mojo?

Great to see the progress tonight. Was a fun game to watch

Next up is a tough Hall team. Our bigs need to play tougher and not foul. We have a shot.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 10:20:11 PM »

I honestly don't know if that is meant as a compliment or insult. Seeing that the basketball players won by 10 points, I assume it's a compliment

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 10:23:52 PM »

Apparently it's working.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 10:25:33 PM »
Pryor is flat out filthy!!!  Guy flat out stroked shot after shot with a man in his face.  Hes a pro.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:27:18 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 10:28:00 PM »
Pryor is flat out filthy!!!  Guy flat out stroked shot after crap with a man in his face.  Hes a pro.

Agreed.  Generally good D against him, but he got his anyway.  Game would not have even been competitive without him.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 10:36:40 PM »
I was pleased with Reinhardt tonight. Played within himself, better shot selection. I'm hoping this is the start of him getting on track.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 10:50:30 PM »
I am one who rarely complains about the refs, and I thought they generally did just fine tonight. Still, the one missed a blatant double-dribble right in front of him -- every bit as egregious as the NBA one that was missed a few weeks ago. And then GT immediately hit a 3 afterward. Got my blood boiling!

Also, the ref standing right there didn't call the foul on Rowsey's 3-point shot. The ref from all the way under the basket called it ... a couple seconds later. Which of course pissed off the GT folks (even though it was an obvious call).

My other observation is that, wherever he is, MUFINY must be bummed that his 0-18 prediction is now kaput.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 10:53:51 PM »
I am one who rarely complains about the refs, and I thought they generally did just fine tonight. Still, the one missed a blatant double-dribble right in front of him -- every bit as egregious as the NBA one that was missed a few weeks ago. And then GT immediately hit a 3 afterward. Got my blood boiling!

Also, the ref standing right there didn't call the foul on Rowsey's 3-point shot. The ref from all the way under the basket called it ... a couple seconds later. Which of course pissed off the GT folks (even though it was an obvious call).

My other observation is that, wherever he is, MUFINY must be bummed that his 0-18 prediction is now kaput.
In the corner for a 30 day timeout  ;D
Goal is National Championship

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 10:55:52 PM »
My favorite moment of the game...JJJ had dunked then steal and streaking for dunk2. And you could see Pryor would have none of it. I was at that basket and you could see it in Pryor's face vectoring in on JJJ...I saw a hard foul coming because JJJ Was on a mission too....then Katin shoulder to shoulder put Pryor off course...clean but aggressive...and JJJ HAD HIS DUNK2 while Pryor could only nudge him after the fact. Pryor was seriously demoralized! Great job JJJ and Katin!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 11:01:19 PM »
Luke, Haani and Sam combined for 16 points on 5-for-19 shooting and Duane got hurt.

Glad nobody would have told me that's what was going to happen, because I would have flown a private jet to Vegas and bet the house on the Hoyas.

Very nice win for our lads. If your shot isn't going down you have to contribute in other ways, and Luke, Haani and Sam did. And as a team, you have to overcome adversity.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 11:03:21 PM »
I honestly don't know if that is meant as a compliment or insult. Seeing that the basketball players won by 10 points, I assume it's a compliment

They were criticizing Georgetown's recruiting strategy, emphasizing that focusing on athletes has too many misses (Buzz critiques??).  Was a compliment to us, critique of them.  Here is context.

"Marquette clearly has better basketball players. That's more important than athleticism."

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 11:08:41 PM »
Great team win.
All of you had great analysis.
Wins over the Hoyas always feel good.

Let's keep it going Sunday!

I trust the board will have duane updates as we move forward...

I think one of the most impressive things thus far is how he has embraced his role off the bench. I respect him even more for that! (duane)

Great win Warriors!

I hope JJJ's 'lazy' comments in post-game don't get blown up. He was just talking and didn't mean anything by it. But at the same time, I really don't care. Because my dislike for G-Town is deep.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:10:46 PM by jaygall31 »
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 11:21:07 PM »
JT jr jr your seat is getting warm.

brandx

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:26 PM »

7.  Standing around on offense and milking the clock is not a winning play for this team.   Ever. 

9.  Need to finish confidently.    Tightened up down the stretch.   I'll say it again.   Don't stand still, ever.   

They shut it down with about 6 minutes to go and started playing against the clock. That was too early. Stay with the offense instead of having to panic when the clock gets down to 5 seconds. That's on Wojo.

Otherwise, a solid home win.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 11:24:51 PM »
JT jr jr your seat is getting warm.

Indeed. I was at the game and the consensus around me was that JT3, though down 10, called off the dogs a little early. Don't imagine that sat well over on GUScoop.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 11:26:50 PM »
They shut it down with about 6 minutes to go and started playing against the clock. That was too early. Stay with the offense instead of having to panic when the clock gets down to 5 seconds. That's on Wojo.

Otherwise, a solid home win.

My initial thoughts were the same.  Too early to play the clock.  But in thinking back on it, Georgetown was pressing hard, and both our PGs were in foul trouble.  More possessions and we likely are playing without a point.

May have been the best thing to do in this case.  Let's hope we don't have PG foul issues again so we don't have to worry about it.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Ring out the Hoyas
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2016, 11:28:31 PM »
Markus Howard is the best frosh since the Amigos.

Howard/Rowsey are the best PG since James.  I don't think we will miss Traci much.

Defense much improved.  Even the run that the Hoyas went on in the first half was due to good shots, many of which were well defended.

Hank was better than Markus is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2016, 11:29:31 PM »

LOL, I actually forgot about him!  OK....second best...for now.

Sorry.  I should've kept reading.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback