'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So shocking  (Read 12947 times)

dddawson

• Walk-On
So shocking
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »
In the beginning John Dawson was either never mentioned....called a waste ...... Forgotten ... Or was a joke .....and now hes the answer.....the blame.....somebody's favorite ..... Not ready .... Some say he can't do this he can't do that .....and quiet as it's kept, has made some eat their words.  You haven't even gotten a full glimpse of what this kid can do .... BUT shhhhhhh YOU BETTER PAY ATTENTION cause he chose MARQUETTE out of 41 other D-1 (some who beat MU this year) schools all because he loves a challenge!!!  I'm waiting for the next topic about an 18 year old kid who nobody on this board really knows.

You talk about where did he come from .... Why is he here .... As if Marquette is in the business of wasting money .... A certified psycho can see that the young man is humble and hungry and is a legit BALLER  .... Even on the bench HES the first one up cheering and EVERYTIME he's questioned about how he feels, he answers with a team mentality.  Not selfish but needs nobody to tell him whether or not he can play, knows who he is on and off the court, loves the players on the team loves Buzz and is smart enough to learn from the vets and trust the coaches.  Ps.... The freshman are expected to make a few mistakes now and then but experience is the best teacher.   36 years coaching experience ..... 1300 kids trained each year .... Resume of D1,2,3, Juco and former plus current NBA players trained ..... Oh Dad!!! .... Your speculation is humorous and extremely  entertaining .... But I know one thing for sure ..... He can and is a BIG help for this team

reinko

• All American
Re: So shocking
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:42:10 PM »
Like to modify my previous comment, seeing that you identified yourself as being very close to John in a previous message.

I read this board way too much, and while I don't remember everything that has been written, I do not recall anything close to anyone calling him waste, forgotten, or a joke.  I can tell you, 99.9% of Mu fans are excited that JD chose Marquette, and see a TON of potential in his game.  He has a pretty shot, calm demeanor, and handles the ball well.

You are right, he will be a big help to this team.

Clearly the season has been tough one for the team, and it's nerdy fans who spend way too much time on the interwebs.  But the whole Dawson v. Wilson debate has spiraled out of control the past month, and many think it's not an either or, but a combination of both can help this team win ball games.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:50:43 PM by reinko »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »
In the beginning John Dawson was either never mentioned....called a waste ...... Forgotten ... Or was a joke .....and now hes the answer.....the blame.....somebody's favorite ..... Not ready .... Some say he can't do this he can't do that .....and quiet as it's kept, has made some eat their words.  You haven't even gotten a full glimpse of what this kid can do .... BUT shhhhhhh YOU BETTER PAY ATTENTION cause he chose MARQUETTE out of 41 other D-1 (some who beat MU this year) schools all because he loves a challenge!!!  I'm waiting for the next topic about an 18 year old kid who nobody on this board really knows.

You talk about where did he come from .... Why is he here .... As if Marquette is in the business of wasting money .... A certified psycho can see that the young man is humble and hungry and is a legit BALLER  .... Even on the bench HES the first one up cheering and EVERYTIME he's questioned about how he feels, he answers with a team mentality.  Not selfish but needs nobody to tell him whether or not he can play, knows who he is on and off the court, loves the players on the team loves Buzz and is smart enough to learn from the vets and trust the coaches.  Ps.... The freshman are expected to make a few mistakes now and then but experience is the best teacher.   36 years coaching experience ..... 1300 kids trained each year .... Resume of D1,2,3, Juco and former plus current NBA players trained ..... Oh Dad!!! .... Your speculation is humorous and extremely  entertaining .... But I know one thing for sure ..... He can and is a BIG help for this team

Also did anyone understand the sudden "36 years coaching experience" part of the rant? Is this this guy's resume' or what?  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:11:15 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:45:43 PM »
Is this Ners?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
We are glad your son is on the team Mr. Dawson.  I assure you.  Fans can be a little goofy.

All the best.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 12:47:38 PM »
Rev. Dawson (and this is John's dad BTW):

I really have liked what I have seen out of your son and am really glad that he likes the challenge..  I hope you had the chance to hear what Buzz said about him during the coaches show last week because it was very positive.  And you are right, people really do need to be mindful about what they say because it is a public forum.

Best of luck for the rest of this year and beyond.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:05 PM »

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »
We are glad your son is on the team Mr. Dawson.  I assure you.  Fans can be a little goofy.

All the best.

Much, Respect Dad. .

They'll learn sooner than later.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:03:45 PM by Nevada233 »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »
Love John Dawson!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
PREACH!

Thanks for posting.  Please keep John hungry and humble...his time will come and some of us know he'll be a very good player once given a good chance.

I've said it before - Buzz's loyalty is a double edge sword - he won't sell a vet out easily, at all as proven this year...so assuming John develops well at MU, and if for some reason one of the future PG recruits comes in as a star....

You can rest assured John will be able to shoot 8% from 3, 35% from 2 and 48% from 2 in 30 minutes of action and score 5.1ppg, and still have a LOCK on the starting job!!   :o
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
Glad Dawson's on the team, glad he enjoys it here, glad he loves Buzz. I have no doubt he will continue to contribute positively this season and grow into a very important player for MU down the road.

Please Mr. Dawson (or any other parent of a player), for your sanity's sake DO NOT READ THIS OR ANY OTHER BAORD. I hope the players don't either. I know it would be hard not to, but it's way better if you just don't, especially if/when the team is struggling. Just my 2 cents.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »
Hey, its the internet.

dddawson

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »
@bagpiping .... That's just to let people know that I don't talk out of the side of my neck!!!  ALWAYS SPEAK WHAT YOU KNOW.... my motto even for my self

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 01:03:58 PM »
Another thread that makes my head hurt.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »
@bagpiping .... That's just to let people know that I don't talk out of the side of my neck!!!  ALWAYS SPEAK WHAT YOU KNOW.... my motto even for my self

Right but I have no idea what you're trying to say.  Like are you saying that you've coached all these people? Are you saying you've been watching a bunch of people? I don't know maybe I'm the only one not getting it.  I do love Dawson though.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

dddawson

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 01:07:30 PM »
No one get me wrong .... Please continue to speak your mind .... It's a free country and when I said it was very entertaining ..... I meant that, whether it's good, bad or ugly

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »
Mr. Dawson,

I wouldn't recommend reading MU Scoop, or really any MU related message boards.  Everyone here is a die hard fan, and often things are said that would anger the player, or a family member.  In reality, I think all knowledgeable MU fans are very happy to have your son on the roster, and would love to see him get more minutes.  It is obvious the kid has a ton of talent - his time will come.

This year has been a frustrating one for all of us.  We're used to winning, and we haven't seen a whole lot of that this year.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:12:40 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

dddawson

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
@bagpiping .... It's what I've been doing for years running a league, coaching and training kids

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »

I've said it before

Thousands of times

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 01:15:39 PM »
@bagpiping .... It's what I've been doing for years running a league, coaching and training kids

Gotcha starting to put the whole picture together. I deleted the first part of my response post now that I get what you were saying. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 01:16:47 PM »
Lenny

Nicely done!!

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »
Reading these forums for players or Family is like taking Home Owners advice from a Homeless person.
People can always tell you how to do things they havent done for themselves...

But its the internet oh well.

mixINaWILSON

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 01:19:20 PM »
Dawson is a winner

dddawson

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 01:19:48 PM »
I love the fact he's at MU playing and getting that education ..... Thanks for the warning, but I always consider the source when I hear or read what people say.  Don't get me wrong he's not labeled a superstar by me being his parent and coach for years .... But the YOUNG DAWSON can play and looks pretty good

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 01:25:04 PM »
No one get me wrong .... Please continue to speak your mind .... It's a free country and when I said it was very entertaining ..... I meant that, whether it's good, bad or ugly

I admit I was one of the people that was not excited with a three star player, but I am excited to have him now.  That is all that matters.