'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Home Cooking  (Read 12365 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Home Cooking
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2022, 07:50:45 PM »
They never do.    Listen to Tony Smith berate Homer for expecting consistency sometime.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2022, 07:54:15 PM »
I don't think people understand my point.  College basketball referees are generally pretty poor.  So my expectations aren't very high.  If they are reasonably consistent, I am good.  That's really all I ask for.

Viewed in that context, the refs today were fine. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2022, 08:04:59 PM »
I don't think people understand my point.  College basketball referees are generally pretty poor.  So my expectations aren't very high.  If they are reasonably consistent, I am good.  That's really all I ask for.

Yes, they were consistently not calling fouls on one side of the court.
Goal is National Championship

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2022, 08:08:15 PM »
Yes, they were consistently not calling fouls on one side of the court.

They missed very few calls today. Really I thought they were pretty good.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2022, 08:19:53 PM »

This is where your take is off the rails. First, they are highly paid professionals so there should be accountability. Two, there are three of them to cover their assigned zones on the floor so consistency in a game or from game to game should not be an issue. Third, they are (never) hardly consistent and therein lies the problem.

They did not call the game the same way on both sides of the floor. I actually had no problem with the fouls they called on MU. But, the touch fouls on the Creighton end were consistently not called. As shown on the replay, Lewis was raked across the arm on that big turnover.  Is 3 seconds even a rule violation anymore because K never left the paint. On one possession I counted to 10. More so, these refs worked continually outside their zones. And in the end, why coaches save time outs for the end when Breeding is reffing is beyond me. The dude video reviews every possession in the last two minutes with about 80% being wtf is he reviewing? Two minutes for 0.2 seconds on the clock?

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2022, 08:21:03 PM »
This is where your take is off the rails. First, they are highly paid professionals so there should be accountability. Two, there are three of them to cover their assigned zones on the floor so consistency in a game or from game to game should not be an issue. Third, they are (never) hardly consistent and therein lies the problem.

They did not call the game the same way on both sides of the floor. I actually had no problem with the fouls they called on MU. But, the touch fouls on the Creighton end were consistently not called. As shown on the replay, Lewis was raked across the arm on that big turnover.  Is 3 seconds even a rule violation anymore because K never left the paint. On one possession I counted to 10. More so, these refs worked continually outside their zones. And in the end, why coaches save time outs for the end when Breeding is reffing is beyond me. The dude video reviews every possession in the last two minutes with about 80% being wtf is he reviewing? Two minutes for 0.2 seconds on the clock?

I disagree. They were fine.

Too much bias here.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2022, 08:22:41 PM »
I disagree. They were fine.

Too much bias here.

My takes are facts. Yours? Off as usual.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2022, 08:24:45 PM »

They missed very few calls today. Really I thought they were pretty good.
Nope they missed a heck of a lot. You be wrong, they were calling fouls inconsistently not same on both sides. I don't usually get on refs but this was not a good look for refs. That "missed" out of bounds call while looking at play tells the story.

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2022, 08:33:52 PM »
My takes are facts. Yours? Off as usual.

They are “facts” shaped by your bias.

Nope they missed a heck of a lot. You be wrong, they were calling fouls inconsistently not same on both sides. I don't usually get on refs but this was not a good look for refs. That "missed" out of bounds call while looking at play tells the story.

They were plenty consistent. Your bias is clouding your judgement.

One thing I have learned on scoop through the years is that scoopers are TERRIBLE judges of refereeing. In fact it’s pretty embarrassing how bad the entire fan base is at this.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2022, 08:37:18 PM »
Clarissa explains it all. “They suck, but at least they consistently suck.” Your takes suck.

One thing I have learned on scoop through the years is that scoopers are TERRIBLE judges of refereeing. In fact it’s pretty embarrassing how bad the entire fan base is at this.

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2022, 08:40:27 PM »
Clarissa explains it all. “They suck, but at least they consistently suck.” Your takes suck.

I’m hurt.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2022, 08:43:03 PM »
Clarissa explains it all. “They suck, but at least they consistently suck.”

Yep - it's pretty disappointing when even those who defend the refs openly acknowledge that they suck.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2022, 08:43:48 PM »

Actually you're plenty embarrassing.

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2022, 08:46:57 PM »

Ouch.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2022, 09:00:20 PM »

Sums up his entire posting history perfectly.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2022, 09:04:45 PM »
Didn't like the charge on Morsell in the second half. Thought the touch foul that put CU in the bonus was soft. Creighton got a few more calls on the balance, but I don't think it made a huge difference.

I would say it affected how MU guarded, but a lot of their fouls happened because they were late and not nearly aggressive enough.

I don't like the way the college game is called, but it's a tiny issue compared to MU's total collapse defensively.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2022, 09:11:13 PM »
Is Clarissa actually Fluffy?  I was just curious.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2022, 09:13:53 PM »
Yes.   Someone called him that as an insult.  He leaned into it and changed his username.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2022, 09:35:55 PM »
I wasn't pleased with the officiating today. The majority of bad calls/no-calls hurt us.

That being said ...

Make a couple of layups and don't treat the basketball as if it's covered with Crisco, and we win.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2022, 10:21:33 PM »
I assume so. It fits his narrative “Clarissa
Explains it All”

I’m

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2022, 10:37:02 PM »
I wasn't pleased with the officiating today. The majority of bad calls/no-calls hurt us.

That being said ...

Make a couple of layups and don't treat the basketball as if it's covered with Crisco, and we win.

Why can't we simply grab the ball??   it has literally lost games for us. 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2022, 11:11:45 PM »
I assume so. It fits his narrative “Clarissa
Explains it All”

I’m
if Clarissa brings out a ‘deal with it’, then for sure it’s Fluffy

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2022, 12:41:40 PM »
if Clarissa brings out a ‘deal with it’, then for sure it’s Fluffy
It is

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2022, 12:46:49 PM »

Techinacally Fluffy was Sultan of (insert constantly changing name)
Maigh Eo for Sam

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2022, 01:42:50 PM »
I don't mind that we get called for fouls.  We play a style where we are going to commit fouls. 

My complaint is when our opponent has one foul over a course of 15 minutes.  Off the top of my head Georgetown, both Villanova games, both Creighton games, seemed to have our opponent go nearly the entire half with 0-2 fouls.  It's not like we are settling for jump shots either.  We seem to be drawing contact.  It just isn't called. 

Any idea on how to get more fouls called on our opponents outside of flopping?

feedback