* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129776 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9700 on: February 12, 2021, 11:05:02 AM »
and the people that had covid but died in car crashes and were counted as covid deaths?

Chitty counting on  both the over and the under count.

Why are people with covid driving around?  Shouldn't they be quarantined?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9701 on: February 12, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »
Why are people with covid driving around?  Shouldn't they be quarantined?

Are you home shaming people who live out of their cars?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #9702 on: February 12, 2021, 11:18:58 AM »
and the people that had covid but died in car crashes and were counted as covid deaths?

Data would tell you there isnt both sides--nor does this have to be.  Of course there are examples of poor classifications, but the data would tell you it skews one way in total.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9703 on: February 12, 2021, 11:25:09 AM »

From a few weeks ago....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/12/22/2020-deadliest-year-united-states-coronavirus/4006270001/

"Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019."

"COVID-19 has killed more than 318,000 Americans and counting."

It looks WWWAAAYYYYYY more likely that we have undercounted COVID deaths.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9704 on: February 12, 2021, 01:30:43 PM »
Still to this day, many states will not count a case, or a death as COVID without a positive PCR test while they were alive.

That means they can have a positive rapid-antigen test, diagnosed with COVID, and have double pneumonia cause their death, and that state will not count the death as COVID related.

Intentionally undercounting COVID deaths is a national game, to make leaders in charge look better. That effort started at the top.

Totally agree. All the numbers (and the epidemiologists who analyze them) point to a dramatic underreporting of COVID deaths.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9705 on: February 12, 2021, 07:33:11 PM »
Cheeks has been missing the attention he so desires in his life. So the reign of Scoop terror is the result. Wonder if he’ll write us a letter about the real love of his life. Wonder if that’s the issue here. Valentine’s Day coming up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9706 on: February 12, 2021, 09:06:50 PM »
guess this wasn't as easy as sleepy thought/said it was going to be.  dude was given a head start with all the research, "science", vaccines and "experts" inline plus the lapdog "media" and don't forget about the emmy award winning gov. covid who was the "gold standard" for handling this bad boy, the best we get is a half day of school a week?  talk about "can't let a good crisis... 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9707 on: February 12, 2021, 09:12:34 PM »
I see the talking points have been handed out.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9708 on: February 12, 2021, 09:13:19 PM »
People really exposing their lack of understanding here.

And one is a healthcare worker. Yikes.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9709 on: February 12, 2021, 10:42:41 PM »
Changes were made from day one, but the previous administration let a huge locomotive plow out of control down a mountain. Even with all the braking power in the world, it will take time to slow it down and turn it around. Biden warned us that progress will be gradual, and everybody here fully understands why…

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9710 on: February 12, 2021, 11:04:04 PM »
Changes were made from day one, but the previous administration let a huge locomotive plow out of control down a mountain. Even with all the braking power in the world, it will take time to slow it down and turn it around. Biden warned us that progress will be gradual, and everybody here fully understands why…

Right. People dumb enough to not understand that nobody promised no new cases or deaths or a complete reopening 3 weeks into the new administration are how we ended up with Donald Trump as our president. There is a lot of stupidity in this country. And there was a LOT of damage done that takes time to reverse.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9711 on: February 12, 2021, 11:13:00 PM »
I'm actually starting to think that MAGAs really did believe that Covid was all a hoax to get rid of Trump and would magically disappear once Biden was in office.  I thought it was just the extremists who thought this, but apparently they're unhappy that this thing didn't magically disappear as Trump promised.

At least Biden appears to have gotten their attention as to how serious this is.  From "There's nothing the federal government can do.  This is just the flu anyways.  Open the country up!" to, "What's taking Sleepy Joe so long to fix all our problems?" it appears the MAGAs are very happy to give Joe the federal authority that Trump never had.

Great news!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #9712 on: February 12, 2021, 11:53:11 PM »
I'm actually starting to think that MAGAs really did believe that Covid was all a hoax to get rid of Trump and would magically disappear once Biden was in office.  I thought it was just the extremists who thought this, but apparently they're unhappy that this thing didn't magically disappear as Trump promised.

Sadly, a lot of average Joe/Jane GOP believed that this was largely a scam to hurt Trump and did think it would magically disappear as a concern once Biden was in office.

I know a lot of people who thought that, who aren't even big MAGA'ers.

The nation is unbelievably divided right now. I fear what things will look like moving forward.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9713 on: February 13, 2021, 06:51:27 AM »
I don't think its too much to admit that Cuomo, who once was praised by a lot of people, has been terrible in retrospect.  He should resign or they should boot him out of office.  The falsification of data for political purposes may even be criminal behavior.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9714 on: February 13, 2021, 08:16:50 AM »
Duz he hafta give back da Emmy two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9715 on: February 13, 2021, 08:53:18 AM »
I don't think its too much to admit that Cuomo, who once was praised by a lot of people, has been terrible in retrospect.  He should resign or they should boot him out of office.  The falsification of data for political purposes may even be criminal behavior.

Absolutely correct. Cuomo seemed to be doing the right things at the time, but in hindsight he has been abysmal. I have admitted this before, and I will continue to say it. Cuomo belongs in the same boat as DeSantis, Kemp, Noem and a few others.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9716 on: February 13, 2021, 09:42:42 AM »
Cuomo messed up.   I would expect there will be consequences.     As it should be.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9717 on: February 13, 2021, 09:48:51 AM »
Enough.  Back to COVID.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9718 on: February 13, 2021, 12:14:51 PM »
Enough.  Back to COVID.

Uh, Cuomo does relate to covid.  Or does that only apply when Rs look bad?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9719 on: February 13, 2021, 12:24:33 PM »

Always a conspiracy.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9720 on: February 13, 2021, 12:40:19 PM »
Always a conspiracy.

Always a victim

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9721 on: February 13, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »
I think you mean Qs
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9722 on: February 13, 2021, 03:25:57 PM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9723 on: February 13, 2021, 05:04:01 PM »
Sorry, I'd deleted a bunch of other crap and got caught up in it.  Yeah, Cuomo/Covid is fair game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9724 on: February 13, 2021, 07:03:43 PM »
Cuomo messed up.   I would expect there will be consequences.     As it should be.

There damn well should be consequences, even above and beyond political ones.

Duz he hafta give back da Emmy two, hey?

I hope so. That was ridiculous anyway.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback