[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129094 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #6050 on: May 27, 2020, 09:19:41 AM »
Is there a site that posts trends on hospitalizations by state?  That seems to be more relevant now --in conjunction with the initial points of cases/deaths.

This site is the only one I have found that provides daily numbers of hospitalizations, but it's really cumbersome to use. You have to scroll down and then click on the state you're looking at, and you can see hospitalizations day by day.

https://covidtracking.com/data

Just using Alabama because it's first on the list, hospitalizations for the past few days are as follows:

5/26: 1671
5/25: 1629
5/24: 1612
5/23: 1589
5/22: 1561
5/21: 1528
5/20: 1493
5/19: 1453
5/18: 1416
5/17: 1392

So the hospitalizations have increased every day for that 10-day period.

Edit: In looking at more states, I have discovered that not all states list hospitalizations by day. If anyone else has a easy to use and comprehensive site for seeing hospitalization numbers by state, by day, I'd love to see it.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:24:04 AM by GooooMarquette »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6051 on: May 27, 2020, 09:33:58 AM »
Here is a summary of data.  Looks like they used COVID Tracking Project, Harvard Global Health Institute;

https://www.axios.com/state-by-state-coronavirus-hospitalizations-04da87ed-476e-4dad-84ec-bd5db7a7bce7.html

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6052 on: May 27, 2020, 09:34:11 AM »
This might have been posted before:

https://twitter.com/BrennanSpiegel/status/1265119535901732865

TLDR, they tested the sewage for a month in New Haven, CT for traces of COVID.  The curve they saw nearly matched 1:1 on COVID cases, but the poop testing was about 7 days ahead.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6053 on: May 27, 2020, 09:37:48 AM »
And then there is this:

A used-car dealer was charged with fraud in a $45 million mask-selling scheme.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/27/nyregion/coronavirus-ny-live-updates.html?type=styln-live-updates&label=new%20york&index=2&action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#link-3cabdc13

A New Jersey used-car dealer was arrested Tuesday and charged with wire fraud in connection to what prosecutors say was an audacious $45 million scheme to defraud and price-gouge New York City as cases of Covid-19 were skyrocketing.

The used-car dealer, Ronald J. Romano, posed as an authorized 3M dealer and offered to sell the city seven million masks at a more than 400 percent markup from their list price, according to a three-count criminal complaint unsealed in United States District Court in Manhattan.

------------

Pathetic loser.

Smart capitalist

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6054 on: May 27, 2020, 09:39:44 AM »
This site is the only one I have found that provides daily numbers of hospitalizations, but it's really cumbersome to use. You have to scroll down and then click on the state you're looking at, and you can see hospitalizations day by day.

https://covidtracking.com/data

Just using Alabama because it's first on the list, hospitalizations for the past few days are as follows:

These are cumulative numbers Goooo....not current.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6055 on: May 27, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »
Here is a summary of data.  Looks like they used COVID Tracking Project, Harvard Global Health Institute;

https://www.axios.com/state-by-state-coronavirus-hospitalizations-04da87ed-476e-4dad-84ec-bd5db7a7bce7.html

That is a nice summary. Unfortunately, ten states aren’t reporting, including many of the southeastern states that were the first to reopen (TN, AL, SC, GA).

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6056 on: May 27, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »
These are cumulative numbers Goooo....not current.

You are correct. My bad.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6057 on: May 27, 2020, 10:42:41 AM »
For the first time, I was accosted today for wearing a mask by a guy in a MAGA hat.   Nothing to do but laugh at him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6058 on: May 27, 2020, 10:47:25 AM »
For the first time, I was accosted today for wearing a mask by a guy in a MAGA hat.   Nothing to do but laugh at him.

Were you going about your own business wearing a mask and he decided it was offensive to him?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6059 on: May 27, 2020, 11:06:13 AM »
We were filling our gas tanks at the same time, me wearing a mask, him a MAGA hat.  He felt the need to educate me.    Old enough to be my dad, driving a 30 yeah old pick up.   Checked a lot of cliche boxes.   I laughed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:16:05 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #6060 on: May 27, 2020, 11:09:33 AM »
New reporting from Gabriel Sherman confirms what we have long suspected: Trump sees himself as the biggest victim of the coronavirus pandemic:

As he headed into Memorial Day weekend, Donald Trump complained that he was COVID-19’s biggest victim. “He was just in a unnatural carnal knowledgeing rage,” said a person who spoke with Trump late last week. “He was saying, ‘This is so unfair to me! Everything was going great. We were cruising to reelection!” Even as the death toll neared 100,000 and unemployment ranks swelled to over 38 million, Trump couldn’t see the pandemic as anything other than something that had happened to him. “The problem is he has no empathy,” the adviser said. Trump complained that he should have been warned about the virus sooner. “The intelligence community let me down!” he said.

This is considered "being a great president" by some on Scoop.
In reality, it is shocking and pathetic.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6061 on: May 27, 2020, 11:24:52 AM »
We were filling our gas tanks at the same time, me wearing a mask, him a MAGA hat.  He felt the need to educate me.    Old enough to be my dad, driving a 30 yeah old pick up.   Checked a lot of cliche boxes.   I laughed.

Glad he didn't have a gun handy, and his emperor's quick-trigger response to everything and vindictiveness, when you laughed. Seriously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6062 on: May 27, 2020, 11:39:59 AM »
Trump's aversion to masks is such a unique driver for COVID, mask compliance and .. division.

It's hard to imagine Bizzaro World Trump who, like a reasonable human leader, encourages mask usage and wears one publicly.    Bizzaro World mask compliance is double+ what it is today, and COVID cases drop precipitously because we're all masked up, and it's just 2% of the tin-foil hat crowd who refuses.

I bet Bizzaro World doesn't have 2 for $6 Arby's, though, so we've got that going for us.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6063 on: May 27, 2020, 11:40:38 AM »
Let him shoot.   Seriously.   

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6065 on: May 27, 2020, 01:36:46 PM »
New reporting from Gabriel Sherman confirms what we have long suspected: Trump sees himself as the biggest victim of the coronavirus pandemic:

As he headed into Memorial Day weekend, Donald Trump complained that he was COVID-19’s biggest victim. “He was just in a unnatural carnal knowledgeing rage,” said a person who spoke with Trump late last week. “He was saying, ‘This is so unfair to me! Everything was going great. We were cruising to reelection!” Even as the death toll neared 100,000 and unemployment ranks swelled to over 38 million, Trump couldn’t see the pandemic as anything other than something that had happened to him. “The problem is he has no empathy,” the adviser said. Trump complained that he should have been warned about the virus sooner. “The intelligence community let me down!” he said.

Sadly, this does not surprise me one bit.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #6066 on: May 27, 2020, 02:08:23 PM »
To clarify, you're saying he felt the need to educate you about (a) mask wearing or (b) that you should be wearing a MAGA hat?  Assuming he was within six feet of you, either way he'd be offensive.  If not within six feet of you, (b) is still offensive. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6067 on: May 27, 2020, 02:17:25 PM »
To clarify, you're saying he felt the need to educate you about (a) mask wearing or (b) that you should be wearing a MAGA hat?  Assuming he was within six feet of you, either way he'd be offensive.  If not within six feet of you, (b) is still offensive.

On the other side of the pump.   Mask wearing.    10 feet.   Amusing.   

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6068 on: May 27, 2020, 02:32:11 PM »

Who the F is Gabriel Sherman? 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #6069 on: May 27, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
Trump's aversion to masks is such a unique driver for COVID, mask compliance and .. division.

The guy is morbidly obese and he’s orange with a weird hairdo.

He’s worried a mask won’t look good on him.  Go figure.

jesmu84

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6071 on: May 27, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »
So today we passed 100,000 official COVID-19 deaths in the US. A devastating milestone....

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6072 on: May 27, 2020, 07:05:01 PM »
It would seem appropriate for the President to say something about the devastating loss of human life. Is he going to say anything?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6073 on: May 27, 2020, 07:24:32 PM »
Is he going to say anything?

Investigate Scarborough.

Or celebrate layoffs.

I'm the victim.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:52:29 PM by tower912 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6074 on: May 27, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »
It would seem appropriate for the President to say something about the devastating loss of human life. Is he going to say anything?

Nah ... President Pandemic is too busy plotting a way to shut down social media.

The emperor would rather pretend he has the authority over Twitter and Facebook than say something about this somber situation.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback