'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: KenPom Update  (Read 15766 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: KenPom Update
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2020, 03:23:45 PM »
Elon is just reinforcing his own narrative. It’s what he does. Remember the whole “Buzz lost to stick it to the administration” stuff?

I remember posting very early Buzz’s last season that he wasn’t right. Remember posting that the Larry Williams comments to Journal pissed Buzz off. Remember being called a tin foil hat guy by you and the other experts here.

What happened?  Buzz turned in a terrible last year at MU and was gone 4 days after the season. He was checked out that whole season. And he was pissed off. Perhaps on your world disgruntled employees produce their best work, but that’s usually not the case.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »
So?

So..the whole notion that others would have left if the Hausers stayed was irrelevant...because the others still needed to be re-sold/re-recruited by the staff to stay.

Fortunately they salvaged the rest of the roster and the team is more cohesive this year - and exceeding my expectations. So. That’s great. But there is no need to push a false narrative as Cheeks did.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2020, 03:27:48 PM »
So..the whole notion that others would have left if the Hausers stayed was irrelevant...because the others still needed to be re-sold/re-recruited by the staff to stay.

Fortunately they salvaged the rest of the roster and the team is more cohesive this year - and exceeding my expectations. So. That’s great. But there is no need to push a false narrative as Cheeks did.

Please prove that you aren't pushing a false narrative and that this is more than your opinion.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »
I remember posting very early Buzz’s last season that he wasn’t right. Remember posting that the Larry Williams comments to Journal pissed Buzz off. Remember being called a tin foil hat guy by you and the other experts here.

What happened?  Buzz turned in a terrible last year at MU and was gone 4 days after the season. He was checked out that whole season. And he was pissed off. Perhaps on your world disgruntled employees produce their best work, but that’s usually not the case.

Hope you are wrong. Have had total jags as clients and still did my best, and I dont make seven figures.

If you are right Buzz has zero integrity as a human being.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2020, 03:33:56 PM »
Larry Williams was fired a couple weeks into Buzz’s final season. Pilarz was long gone by then. Your explanation makes no sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2020, 04:52:06 PM »
Yes, but not as good as a MU team this year with the Hausers would be.

Assuming they fixed whatever chemistry issues were there I agree Brew.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2020, 04:53:26 PM »
Hmm.  Except it was AFTER the Hausers announced their transfer, that the coaching staff (particularly Stan), went full on re-recruit, and retain those left in program - including Sacar, Bailey and Cain.

Hausers ultimately did Wojo and the other guys a favor on the team, by sending Wojo a loud and clear wake up call.

Jamie referenced it, but you are officially MUScoop Donny.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2020, 08:08:48 PM »

17-15 with several overtime losses with a backcourt of Wilson and Thomas was a pretty good coaching job.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2020, 08:14:15 PM »

Sure it had nothing to do with the talent assembled.  I was in Anaheim where he told us point blank no one on the team can shoot.  They were devoid of actual talent.  Point blank he told us the team had significant shortcomings.  I sat right behind the bench and had a chance to see Father Kelly. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2020, 08:17:08 PM »
17-15 with several overtime losses with a backcourt of Wilson and Thomas was a pretty good coaching job.

They were picked to win the league by the coaches.......now we can argue about how bad that year was......but not even being close to the NIT that season was not a “ pretty good coaching g job”.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2020, 08:22:36 PM »

I pushed no such false narrative....what you stated is wrong. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »
Jamie referenced it, but you are officially MUScoop Donny.

Thank you. You continue to be an MUScoop non-factor. Carry on.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2020, 08:24:52 PM »
Thank you. You continue to be an MUScoop non-factor. Carry on.

We meeting in Houston?  I fly in Feb 27th and leave March 1st...please advise

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2020, 08:26:59 PM »
I pushed no such false narrative....what you stated is wrong.

You have such a great track record of honesty here...Hoopaloop.

Go revisit Hauser transfer thread and other threads around that time. You will find plenty of posts referencing Stan saving others from transferring out after the Hausers already announced they were leaving.

And dude...I’ve never lived in Houston. Lived in Dallas. Which is why I’ve never taken you up on your offer.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2020, 10:10:47 PM »
You have such a great track record of honesty here...Hoopaloop.

Go revisit Hauser transfer thread and other threads around that time. You will find plenty of posts referencing Stan saving others from transferring out after the Hausers already announced they were leaving.

And dude...I’ve never lived in Houston. Lived in Dallas. Which is why I’ve never taken you up on your offer.

Lol

So Scoop said it so it must be true?  That’s hilarious....it’s also crap to a large extent.   Even better, I am in Dallas at least five times a year.  Shooting a Mahomes spot in a few months there.  Can get together then.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:19:19 PM by Cheeks »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »

Thank you for finally admitting that you have no proof to your previous claim.

You have an opinion, and that's OK. We all have them. Just don't pretend your opinions are facts, please.

Using Scoop comments as proof is pretty funny, though. If you revisit about 50 threads from back then, you will find many, many, MANY Scoopers who were certain that Sam and Joey would be going to Madison. Many of those MANY cited inside sources.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:13:29 PM by MU82 »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2020, 11:03:07 PM »
Thank you for finally admitting that you have no proof to your previous claim.

You have an opinion, and that's OK. We all have them. Just don't pretend your opinions are facts, please.

Using Scoop comments as proof is pretty funny, though. If you revisit about 50 threads from back then, you will find many, many, MANY Scoopers who were certain that Sam and Joey would be going to Madison. Many if those MANY cited inside sources.

And go to scoop threads only a few weeks ago and this team was not going to the post season, Markus was a cancer, and on and on..... Ners you crack me up.  Hell, I remember reading in Scoop how awesome John Dawson was going to be.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2020, 11:06:33 PM »
MU up to #17 in NET. Win Wednesday and we are talking protected seed.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2020, 03:23:38 PM »
If the Hausers stayed, who would have left?

Ed and possibly Sacar. If Ed leaves, Jayce still likely comes.

I am happy with the team we have, but Sam was a clear first team All conference player. I always thought we would be better this year than last, but that our ceiling wasn't as high as it would've been with them.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2020, 04:17:53 PM »

I am happy with the team we have, but Sam was a clear first team All conference player. I always thought we would be better this year than last, but that our ceiling wasn't as high as it would've been with them.

We can't change history, but sure I'd love a lineup of Markus, McEwen, Sacar/Bailey, Sam and Theo, with Jayce, Bailey/Sacar, Elliott, Cain and Symir off the bench. Even Morrow as insurance, though he probably would have bolted.

Maybe Sacar grad-transfers if Sam stays but Joey goes? Maybe Cain leaves? I sure as heck don't pretend to know any of that stuff. But like you and so many other Scoopers, I'm a big Sam fan and sure wish there would have been a way to keep him even if The Pouty One had to go.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »

Our floor is worse with them, too.  Defense wins when the offense can’t get going, and with them at defense that was a problem.  I love Sam, one of my all time favorite players.  Shame he left, but we are playing better now than last year in a better conference than last...with a whole bunch of MU fans with egg on their face.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2020, 05:54:44 PM »
We can't change history, but sure I'd love a lineup of Markus, McEwen, Sacar/Bailey, Sam and Theo, with Jayce, Bailey/Sacar, Elliott, Cain and Symir off the bench. Even Morrow as insurance, though he probably would have bolted.

Maybe Sacar grad-transfers if Sam stays but Joey goes? Maybe Cain leaves? I sure as heck don't pretend to know any of that stuff. But like you and so many other Scoopers, I'm a big Sam fan and sure wish there would have been a way to keep him even if The Pouty One had to go.

Agreed. And who knows, maybe Bailey's play of late never emerges with Sam here. Maybe in a month Sacar, Koby, & BB will put it together for a few in a row and we find ourselves with a run we'll never forget. I hope so. But I can't believe we wouldn't be better with the Hausers, especially Sam.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2020, 05:58:53 PM »

I thought it was rumored Bailey and Sacar were the ones that would have been gone. At this point, I don’t think I’d trade Sacar and Bailey for the two Hausers. They’ve had really nice seasons.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2020, 06:00:32 PM »
I thought it was rumored Bailey and Sacar were the ones that would have been gone. At this point, I don’t think I’d trade Sacar and Bailey for the two Hausers. They’ve had really nice seasons.

I never heard Bailey. Obviously different people have different sources.