[Today at 11:28:28 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: POTUS - COVID Positive  (Read 38348 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: POTUS - COVID Positive
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2020, 12:15:34 PM »
Also from the doctors' news conference this morning, Trump's positive test appears to have occurred sometime Wednesday, which means he spent 24+ hours campaigning, meeting with supporters and staffers, etc., all while infected.

And now Chris Christie has it.

Trump's willingness to expose so many people -- most of whom are his own supporters and even friends -- to a deadly virus should tell anybody all they need to know about him.

As for Christie, this from the NYT:

Chris Christie, the former governor of New Jersey who for several days this week helped the president prepare for the debate, said he has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Mr. Christie said Saturday that he would be receiving medical attention the same day.

“I just received word that I am positive for COVID-19,” Mr. Christie said on Twitter. “I want to thank all of my friends and colleagues who have reached out to ask how I was feeling in the last day or two.”

Mr. Christie was one of several advisers who huddled with President Trump and others for debate preparation from Sunday to Tuesday. Mr. Christie also attended a White House event on Sept. 26 for Judge Amy Coney Barrett in the Rose Garden.

The debate preparation team included Hope Hicks, one of Mr. Trump’s his closest advisers, Stephen Miller, the president’s speechwriter and top domestic policy adviser, and Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer and the former mayor of New York.

None of them wore masks, Mr. Christie said.

Mr. Christie’s statement came one day after Senator Thom Tillis, Republican of North Carolina and Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah, announced that they had tested positive. Both attended the event for Judge Barrett. A video posted on Twitter shows Mr. Lee hugging people at the event.

I'd say it was a shocking level of denying science and ignoring the administration's own guidelines ... but really, there's nothing shocking about it.

As I believe tower said, maybe the good that will come out of all of this is that the president of the United States will finally act like a leader, and that his loyal followers will finally stop putting themselves and others at jeopardy because of, you know, "freedom."

I have my doubts, but here's hoping.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2020, 12:20:48 PM »
Seems he might have been positive at the debate and told no one? Crazy

I'm beginning to think this is certainly true. Whether they technically knew it, or simply were pretty sure and intentionally didn't test him is an open question.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2020, 12:21:54 PM »
Trump's willingness to expose so many people -- most of whom are his own supporters and even friends -- to a deadly virus should tell anybody all they need to know about him.

As for Christie, this from the NYT:

Chris Christie, the former governor of New Jersey who for several days this week helped the president prepare for the debate, said he has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Mr. Christie said Saturday that he would be receiving medical attention the same day.

“I just received word that I am positive for COVID-19,” Mr. Christie said on Twitter. “I want to thank all of my friends and colleagues who have reached out to ask how I was feeling in the last day or two.”

Mr. Christie was one of several advisers who huddled with President Trump and others for debate preparation from Sunday to Tuesday. Mr. Christie also attended a White House event on Sept. 26 for Judge Amy Coney Barrett in the Rose Garden.

The debate preparation team included Hope Hicks, one of Mr. Trump’s his closest advisers, Stephen Miller, the president’s speechwriter and top domestic policy adviser, and Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer and the former mayor of New York.

None of them wore masks, Mr. Christie said.

Mr. Christie’s statement came one day after Senator Thom Tillis, Republican of North Carolina and Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah, announced that they had tested positive. Both attended the event for Judge Barrett. A video posted on Twitter shows Mr. Lee hugging people at the event.

I'd say it was a shocking level of denying science and ignoring the administration's own guidelines ... but really, there's nothing shocking about it.

As I believe tower said, maybe the good that will come out of all of this is that the president of the United States will finally act like a leader, and that his loyal followers will finally stop putting themselves and others at jeopardy because of, you know, "freedom."

I have my doubts, but here's hoping.

Has there been any report about Stephen Miller and Giuliani's test results?
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2020, 12:32:42 PM »
Ron Johnson attended a dinner last night after testing positive. Incredible.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
The president that is "For America" intentionally showed up late to the presidential debate so he wouldn't be tested for a virus that is killing hundreds of thousands of people in America, then mocked his opponent for wearing a mask to help stop the spread of this virus during the debate, and now is hospitalized because of this virus and people all over the White House and his campaign are getting the virus. For America, baby.

Bruh, he better hope no one does as a direct result of this.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2020, 12:44:48 PM »
Ron Johnson attended a dinner last night after testing positive. Incredible.

I believe he said he learned of the result afterward. But upon Lee testing positive, he should have done normal, responsible person stuff and not attended at all.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2020, 12:45:17 PM »
Has there been any report about Stephen Miller and Giuliani's test results?

This virus doesn't jump species so I think they're probably safe.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2020, 12:51:24 PM »
Based on the answers of the doctor, it sounds like Trump was on oxygen one day.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2020, 01:05:27 PM »
I believe he said he learned of the result afterward. But upon Lee testing positive, he should have done normal, responsible person stuff and not attended at all.

Every policy on the planet says if you were knowingly exposed, you quarantine for 14 days.

If you are awaiting a pending result, you should be in quarantine.

The actions of these people is grossly negligent.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2020, 01:06:09 PM »
I'll take the other side of that bet at whatever odds you want to give me.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
I'm beginning to think this is certainly true. Whether they technically knew it, or simply were pretty sure and intentionally didn't test him is an open question.

Do you think it's coincidence that Trump showed up so late to the debate so as to not have time to be covid tested?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2020, 01:24:31 PM »
This virus doesn't jump species so I think they're probably safe.

Hah nice
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2020, 01:30:04 PM »
Do you think it's coincidence that Trump showed up so late to the debate so as to not have time to be covid tested?

I don't think it was a coincidence. All the information on positive tests coming out seems to indicate that Trump was likely the epicenter of the spread.

Secondary question. Apparently Trump has pretty severe symptoms, if he recovers quickly due to getting both Regeneron and Remdesivir, could that blowback on him a bit with over 200,000 dead, many of whom were sent home from ERs far sicker than him and told to take Tylenol.

I understand he is the president and should get the highest level of care possible, but it also, in general, shows inequities in the health care system.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2020, 01:31:52 PM »
He's back to tweeting.  So I guess that's good news (health wise).

reinko

• All American
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2020, 01:36:38 PM »
He's back to tweeting.  So I guess that's good news (health wise).

A few people have access to his account, and post for him regularly.

After Meadows goes off the record (but spotted and overhead from reporters who he wasn’t talking too) and says things are much worse than they actually are, and all of sudden he starts tweeting again?

🤔

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2020, 01:45:37 PM »
Herman Cain was Tweeting from the grave.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2020, 01:51:12 PM »

They also have a duty not to obey an unlawful order. Whether providing dangerous medical care qualifies as a lawful order, I don't know, but it's not as simple as "do what the president says."

Regardless, unless you think the doctors are all lying, it seems as if Trump's condition is improving and he's not currently in peril.

Perhaps at the moment, but they also reminded everyone that days 7-10 are critical. Once you've been on oxygen, then off again, the chances of a relapse after several days are significant.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2020, 01:52:09 PM »
A few people have access to his account, and post for him regularly.

After Meadows goes off the record (but spotted and overhead from reporters who he wasn’t talking too) and says things are much worse than they actually are, and all of sudden he starts tweeting again?

🤔

I was at a conference where a person was showing how much data they could extract from publicly available sources using machine learning algorithms.

They analyzed all of Trump's tweets as a fun demonstration. They then showed that based on linguistic traits, spelling errors, and times of day, that they could identify 3 distinct individuals tweeting from his account.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2020, 02:29:41 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
Trump donors paid up to $250,000 to attend a buffet lunch. Later the same day Trump revealed he had the virus.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/day-trump-bedminster-fundraiser-guests-flabbergasted-learn-stricken/story?id=73394174&id=73394174&__twitter_impression=true

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2020, 03:13:04 PM »
Shockin' dat nun of y'all r ant sayin' dat Trump, Melania, and Hope contracted da chit via a 3 way, hey?
With Falwell watching?

Seriously, who in their right mind would think of that?   Unless you change slightly the definition of 'right mind'.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2020, 03:18:49 PM »
Trump donors paid up to $250,000 to attend a buffet lunch. Later the same day Trump revealed he had the virus.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/day-trump-bedminster-fundraiser-guests-flabbergasted-learn-stricken/story?id=73394174&id=73394174&__twitter_impression=true

This has been discussed already.

The real issue is that he already knew he had it when he chose to go to the fundraiser and collect his campaign coin from the big-wigs in attendance. He didn't wear a mask. He didn't tell anybody there he had it. Hardly any others wore masks.

Criminal negligence.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

reinko

• All American
« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2020, 05:18:48 PM »
Christie to the 🏥

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »
Trump’s Covid Treatments Suggest a Serious Condition

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/03/health/Covid-trump-treatments.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

Update of earlier NYT article, with comments from several outside docs on how they interpret the messages from POTUS' treating physicians. The consensus seems to be that he may be more ill than they are letting on (both because of the need for oxygen and the 'multi-therapy' approach), and there is division on whether combining all these therapies is a good idea. FWIW.