Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Unfortunate MU fan behavior  (Read 4124 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: Unfortunate MU fan behavior
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2024, 08:30:09 AM »
I see differing fan bases between the eastern schools and the midwestern ones, just like the way that people in the midwest are friendlier than those in the east. I think the worst are the four most northeastern schools (and this opinion comes from a lifetime New Englander).

Needless to say, an obnoxious outlier can never be ruled out.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2024, 08:30:17 AM »
False flag operation generated by the CIA Taylor Swift psyop group.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2024, 11:00:59 AM »
211. Right at midcourt, perfect view. First time to the arena, good place to watch a game.

We went to Listermann on Friday night. Good place, had a couple nice brews. Only open till 10, though.

Fantastic!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2024, 11:07:39 AM »
MU82 is undefeated in person, IIRC. NCAAT plans?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2024, 11:35:14 AM »
Get him to Phoenix!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2024, 12:53:14 PM »

4-0 this season. The last loss I saw in person was 1-12-18 at Butler. MU rallied to take a 7-point lead midway through the second half, but then Kelan Martin did anything he wanted and Butler scored a bazillion points in a row. Our fine defensive squad gave up 90+ points.

Since then, though, I'm 12-0!

Get him to Phoenix!

Unfortunately, we did lose the last NCAAT game I attended (2017 vs S. Carolina). And we got killed in the last Final Four game I attended. (I think Kansas was up 74-0 by the time I got to my seat.)

I'm hoping to go to the games in Indy or Pittsburgh if we go to one of those sites, though lots of details still to be worked out (including finding out where MU actually will play).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2024, 12:56:51 PM »
You should go as our good luck charm. Just don't start one of those Go Fund Me "offers".
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2024, 01:56:16 PM »
You should go as our good luck charm. Just don't start one of those Go Fund Me "offers".

Oh man ... that's a great idea, Snoop!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2024, 02:10:29 PM »
Check with Alyssa Milano; I'm sure she can give you some pointers...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2024, 03:02:41 PM »
and the assumption the ONE loser was actually an MU person (all by himself) or just some rabble rouser from ?? with an MU shirt on...this from an "objective journalistic" pov 

Ever wonder why you are called roQQet?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2024, 03:13:53 PM »
Salute to my dad.  Undefeated in quieting obnoxious fans.  He had the voice (booming and deep) and disposition (he had been an air force drill sergeant) for it.  When an obnoxious fan would start with the inappropriate language when women (old school) or children were in the area, he would simply look at the offender and say "Knock it off."  It made me proud as a youngster, cringe as a teen, and then proud again as I got older.  I try to emulate, but usually only when I feel comfortable with the potential physical ramifications (I have 80% of the voice, but only 20% of disposition; not a former drill sergeant).

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 04:11:36 PM »
Salute to my dad.  Undefeated in quieting obnoxious fans.  He had the voice (booming and deep) and disposition (he had been an air force drill sergeant) for it.  When an obnoxious fan would start with the inappropriate language when women (old school) or children were in the area, he would simply look at the offender and say "Knock it off."  It made me proud as a youngster, cringe as a teen, and then proud again as I got older.  I try to emulate, but usually only when I feel comfortable with the potential physical ramifications (I have 80% of the voice, but only 20% of disposition; not a former drill sergeant).

My dad was not a drill sergeant but he was also a big guy with zero tolerance for a guy foul mouthing in public around women and children. He had an icy stare and locked eyes with the offender and got in his face after voicing his opinion of the behavior. It worked very well.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2024, 06:45:57 PM »
Ever wonder why you are called roQQet?

only by the scoop hair sniffers

don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2024, 09:10:26 PM »
   only by the scoop hair sniffers
You're totally on to something here. Only someone as smart as you could have figured out the Lone MU Fan conspiracy. Well Done, QQ.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2024, 01:03:19 PM »
and the assumption the ONE loser was actually an MU person (all by himself) or just some rabble rouser from ?? with an MU shirt on...this from an "objective journalistic" pov 

an MU dentist would have kicked his ass

some people just fail to have any integrity or self control.  it's no wonder he was all by himself

Most MU nurses could kick MU dentist's asses.
Goal is National Championship

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2024, 03:27:27 PM »
What fan base in the Big East is the worst?  I’m sure Hurley would say Providence. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2024, 03:52:45 PM »
What fan base in the Big East is the worst?  I’m sure Hurley would say Providence.

He would be right.  But it's close between them, SHU, and UCONN.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2024, 04:05:15 PM »

Hurley would be correct.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2024, 07:48:24 AM »
He would be right.  But it's close between them, SHU, and UCONN.

Seton Hall fans should actually attend their home games before they develop an attitude.  They curtain off the upper deck at The Rock.

feedback