Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Unfortunate MU fan behavior  (Read 4232 times)

MU82

• All American
Unfortunate MU fan behavior
« on: March 10, 2024, 06:01:21 PM »
Went to the X game with 2 of my old (and getting older everyday) Marquette roommates, and one of them brought his son, so that was fun. Went to a bar Friday night and four much younger MU grads walked in shortly after we did, and one was fellow Scooper Silkk the Shaka; during conversation he mentioned his uncle, who happened to have been at the Marquette Tribune between my two years there - small world.

Anyhoo ...

In the row behind us at the Cintas Center there was a very loud Marquette fan in a gold shirt who appeared to have been there by himself. Loud isn't necessarily bad in and of itself, but he screamed numerous profanities and it was pretty embarrassing that he was from MU.

At one point, he screamed, "Chase Ross (bleeping) sucks - I hate him!" At another point, he bellowed, "We are gonna (bleeping) suck so bad next year!" He kept trying to bait Xavier fans into arguments with him, especially after some of the bad officiating calls - as if it was Xavier fans' fault that the refs missed a call or three.

Finally, after his way over-the-top reaction to that bad call against Gold pretty late in the game, one of the Xavier fans told him to chill. The MU guy responded: "Enjoy your NIT team, if you even make the NIT." The Xavier fan actually stayed quite calm and just said, "We've been listening to your garbage and your swearing for 2 hours now. There are kids sitting all around us. PLEASE shut up." A woman in the row wearing Marquette gear calmed things down a little, thankfully.

I turned to the Xavier fan next to me and said, "I hope you know that's not the way all Marquette fans are. We're embarrassed by that clown."

The X fan was good about it. In fact, every Xavier fan we talked to over the weekend, and there were a lot, was really nice. Wishing us success in the BET and NCAAs, saying they liked the way our team played, etc. Reminded me of the interactions with Butler fans.

This clown's idiocy is why I try not to make snap judgments about other teams' fans. Anybody who was within 10 rows of this guy could have easily come to the conclusion that Marquette has the worst fans in the Big East just based on him. Hopefully, they didn't.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Unfortunate MU fan behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 06:18:46 PM »
One of my best memories of bad fans was at the infamous BET tournament game between MU and The Hall.

Had great seats near the X and Hall sections

The Hall fans were drunk and acting out Pirate fantasies  “ Shiver me Timbers … etc “

When Myles Powell ran off the court crying ,mistakenly think he had been ejected ,the Seton Hall fans completely lost their s$&)t

X people started rooting heavily for MU after seeing the embarrassment of The Hall

https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/seton-hall-overcomes-scuffle-refs-to-grind-way-to-big-east-final/

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 06:30:19 PM »
Went to the X game with 2 of my old (and getting older everyday) Marquette roommates, and one of them brought his son, so that was fun. Went to a bar Friday night and four much younger MU grads walked in shortly after we did, and one was fellow Scooper Silkk the Shaka; during conversation he mentioned his uncle, who happened to have been at the Marquette Tribune between my two years there - small world.

Anyhoo ...

In the row behind us at the Cintas Center there was a very loud Marquette fan in a gold shirt who appeared to have been there by himself. Loud isn't necessarily bad in and of itself, but he screamed numerous profanities and it was pretty embarrassing that he was from MU.

At one point, he screamed, "Chase Ross (bleeping) sucks - I hate him!" At another point, he bellowed, "We are gonna (bleeping) suck so bad next year!" He kept trying to bait Xavier fans into arguments with him, especially after some of the bad officiating calls - as if it was Xavier fans' fault that the refs missed a call or three.

Finally, after his way over-the-top reaction to that bad call against Gold pretty late in the game, one of the Xavier fans told him to chill. The MU guy responded: "Enjoy your NIT team, if you even make the NIT." The Xavier fan actually stayed quite calm and just said, "We've been listening to your garbage and your swearing for 2 hours now. There are kids sitting all around us. PLEASE shut up." A woman in the row wearing Marquette gear calmed things down a little, thankfully.

I turned to the Xavier fan next to me and said, "I hope you know that's not the way all Marquette fans are. We're embarrassed by that clown."

The X fan was good about it. In fact, every Xavier fan we talked to over the weekend, and there were a lot, was really nice. Wishing us success in the BET and NCAAs, saying they liked the way our team played, etc. Reminded me of the interactions with Butler fans.

This clown's idiocy is why I try not to make snap judgments about other teams' fans. Anybody who was within 10 rows of this guy could have easily come to the conclusion that Marquette has the worst fans in the Big East just based on him. Hopefully, they didn't.

Wonder which scooper it was
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 06:36:36 PM »
This guy was just quoting the game thread

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 06:41:38 PM »
I was at the game in section 210. I didn’t see this idiot but I can confirm all the X fans were super nice and were cool to talk hoops with. At the bar after, one of them claimed his parents are friends with Sean Miller and he’s not going anywhere

My one gripe is that they need more bars around the Cintas. We went to Dana Gardens before the game which was fine but it was slammed. It seems it’s the only option around there
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 06:42:11 PM »
This guy was just quoting the game thread

Perfect
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 06:43:58 PM »
I wonder where his dental practice is.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 06:45:00 PM »
I wonder where his dental practice is.
More perfect.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 06:59:01 PM »
Glad some lady stepped up for what mu82 was unable to do!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2024, 07:02:16 PM »
Wonder which scooper it was

Yeah we should call that guy's HR department.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2024, 07:11:07 PM »
I was at the game in section 210. I didn’t see this idiot but I can confirm all the X fans were super nice and were cool to talk hoops with. At the bar after, one of them claimed his parents are friends with Sean Miller and he’s not going anywhere

My one gripe is that they need more bars around the Cintas. We went to Dana Gardens before the game which was fine but it was slammed. It seems it’s the only option around there
Yes..I was there as well and also went to Dana Gardens before the game. I heard it was “like a college bar” and it absolutely was.
Sardines packed in there. X fans were awesome. Good times.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2024, 07:11:58 PM »

Anyhoo ...

What section ‘82? We were down in Sec 116.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2024, 07:12:25 PM »
JayBee

Spot on.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2024, 07:13:37 PM »
Did you take a pic of the dude?  He'd be outed in minutes.

drbob

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2024, 07:22:41 PM »
As a Marquette Dental school grad I can assure you we are not all loud mouthed and profane.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2024, 07:37:42 PM »
Hi - it’s me - I’m the problem - it’s me.

JK - was at game with my family - lots of nice things to say about Cintas environment and Xavier fans for the most part - but; glad to have ended their streak of wining seasons … and look at what coaches say about us (Hurley and Miller in the same week) and compare that to Hurley telling Creighton and Providence fans he’d kick their a$$ if they didn’t shut up -

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2024, 07:40:15 PM »
As a Marquette Dental school grad I can assure you we are not all loud mouthed and profane.
#FakeNews
Goal is National Championship

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2024, 07:52:30 PM »
Weird thread. Sorry to hear about rude fan

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 04:41:47 AM »

Should have gone to Listerman Brewing.  It's practically on campus and even closer to the Cintas.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 05:57:10 AM »
What section ‘82? We were down in Sec 116.

211. Right at midcourt, perfect view. First time to the arena, good place to watch a game.

Should have gone to Listerman Brewing.  It's practically on campus and even closer to the Cintas.

We went to Listermann on Friday night. Good place, had a couple nice brews. Only open till 10, though.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2024, 06:07:47 AM »
and the assumption the ONE loser was actually an MU person (all by himself) or just some rabble rouser from ?? with an MU shirt on...this from an "objective journalistic" pov 

an MU dentist would have kicked his ass

some people just fail to have any integrity or self control.  it's no wonder he was all by himself

don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 06:18:44 AM »
and the assumption the ONE loser was actually an MU person (all by himself) or just some rabble rouser from ?? with an MU shirt on...this from an "objective journalistic" pov   

So your theory is that some guy from International Falls or Poughkeepsie or Luckenbach showed up at a MU-X game in a gold Marquette shirt just to make MU look bad? Yes, objective journalists should have thought of that.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2024, 08:03:57 AM »
So your theory is that some guy from International Falls or Poughkeepsie or Luckenbach showed up at a MU-X game in a gold Marquette shirt just to make MU look bad? Yes, objective journalists should have thought of that.

Poughkeepsie!  Them again!!  >:(

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2024, 08:18:29 AM »

I've become a huge fan of conspiracy theories because they are a ton of fun, so this explanation works for me. I'll take it one step further. I'm sure it was a Xavier fan. A number of years ago, some students at a road game wore their opponents' gear and held up a sign that read "This is are house!" just to get on national TV.

The ball is in your court 82.  ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2024, 08:25:57 AM »
I've become a huge fan of conspiracy theories because they are a ton of fun, so this explanation works for me. I'll take it one step further. I'm sure it was a Xavier fan. A number of years ago, some students at a road game wore their opponents' gear and held up a sign that read "This is are house!" just to get on national TV.

The ball is in your court 82.  ;D

I'm sure it was antifa.

feedback