collapse

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Packers > Bears  (Read 15222 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Packers > Bears
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:18 PM »
Anybody care to disagree?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RawdogDX

• All American
Re: Packers > Bears
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »
Hey look everyone Wadesworld has officially given up on the brewers and is moving on to his next team!

The bears aren't very good, the packers are one of the better teams in the league but I still say we split the series

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:19:19 PM »
Hey look everyone Wadesworld has officially given up on the brewers and is moving on to his next team!

The bears aren't very good, the packers are one of the better teams in the league but I still say we split the series

You're probably right.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 11:33:50 PM »

No I haven't really given up on the Brewers, I actually think we could beat the Mets for the Wild Card, but I'm not sure.  We'll see what happens.  Somebody just told me to keep the Brewers/Cubs discussion to that thread, and that the Packers/Bears need a thread, so I started one!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 11:56:06 PM »
I seem to remember a while back a few Bears fans on this board claiming they had the best QB in the division in Rex Grossman....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
I seem to remember a while back a few Bears fans on this board claiming they had the best QB in the division in Rex Grossman....
HAH that's funny.  It's sad when the Packers have a first year starter and still have the best quarterback in the division...

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »
The Brewers season has offically "jumped the shark". 

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »
As a Brewers fan I knew the Packers thread was inevitable. The Brewers are a sinking ship and we need something to make us feel better. Sorry to continue the hijacking of this thread. Packers look good so far, but Sunday night will be a very tough test. Bears just need a QB and some WRs. Feel bad for that defense.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »
The Brewers season has offically "jumped the shark". 

+1

Since Lovie Smith took over the Bears in 2004, the Bears are 6-2 against the Pack.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 01:33:09 AM »
Since Lovie Smith took over the Bears in 2004, the Bears are 6-2 against the Pack.
Like I said, Bears fans are just worried about whether or not they beat the Packers, while the Packers fans worry about how they do in the playoffs.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »
sounds earily reminiscent of the dark years of Packer football...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »
Aaron Kampman is a grown ass man.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 09:17:21 AM »
I don't remember anyone saying the Bears had the best qb in the division. Right now it's still Kitna. By the way the only Super Bowl qb in the division is Rex Grossman. Whether you like him or not, it's a fact.

Not taking anything away from Rodgers, he's had a nice start to the year. But two games does not make him the savior of Packer football. If he's still doing well in week 14, then a case can be made, but certainly two games is hardly enough of a sample size.

Another young NFC north quarterback in 2006 put up good numbers in his first four games, well enough to win NFL offensive player of the month in September 2006. A lot of people were talking him up for MVP of the league even.

His name...Rex Grossman.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »

His name...Rex Grossman.

No truer words can be spoken for cautious optimism.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 10:08:47 AM »
I don't remember anyone saying the Bears had the best qb in the division. Right now it's still Kitna. By the way the only Super Bowl qb in the division is Rex Grossman. Whether you like him or not, it's a fact.

Not taking anything away from Rodgers, he's had a nice start to the year. But two games does not make him the savior of Packer football. If he's still doing well in week 14, then a case can be made, but certainly two games is hardly enough of a sample size.

Another young NFC north quarterback in 2006 put up good numbers in his first four games, well enough to win NFL offensive player of the month in September 2006. A lot of people were talking him up for MVP of the league even.

His name...Rex Grossman.

The difference between Rex and Rodgers is that Rex had already had opportunities (7 previous NFL starts) while Rodgers has not, aside from 1 half against Dal.  It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can maintain his efficiency and calm in the pocket or if he will falter like Grossman did.  The Bears made the Super Bowl more in spite of Rex than because of him due to his maddening inconsistency.

Interesting stat is that the Packers and Bears have exactly the same regular season records (37-29) since Lovie took over.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:45:43 AM »
Like I said, Bears fans are just worried about whether or not they beat the Packers, while the Packers fans worry about how they do in the playoffs.

You are being obtuse.  YOu can pretend that you wouldn't be talking about it if the packers went 2 and 0 against the bears last year, but you would be bringing it up like no ones business.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
You are being obtuse.  YOu can pretend that you wouldn't be talking about it if the packers went 2 and 0 against the bears last year, but you would be bringing it up like no ones business.
Actually quite honestly I would be talking about how we went to the NFC Championship game and lost in overtime to the eventual Super Bowl Champions, I don't care what we did against the Bears last year.  The year you went to the Super Bowl the Packers dominated the Bears in the last game of the year in Soldier Field but the only thing that was talked about was Favre's reaction after the game (thought he was retiring then, too) and the fact that we still weren't going to the playoffs.  Nobody cares about the W-L record against the Bears, only the overall W-L record and if it's good enough to get into the playoffs.

Who was the 2007 Super Bowl MVP?  Rex Grossman

And if anybody is trying to tell me that right now John Kitna is better than Aaron Rodgers I think all I have to tell you is that he scored more points for the Packers than he did for the Lions on Sunday.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 11:10:46 AM »
Actually quite honestly I would be talking about how we went to the NFC Championship game and lost in overtime to the eventual Super Bowl Champions, I don't care what we did against the Bears last year.  The year you went to the Super Bowl the Packers dominated the Bears in the last game of the year in Soldier Field but the only thing that was talked about was Favre's reaction after the game (thought he was retiring then, too) and the fact that we still weren't going to the playoffs.  Nobody cares about the W-L record against the Bears, only the overall W-L record and if it's good enough to get into the playoffs.

And if anybody is trying to tell me that right now John Kitna is better than Aaron Rodgers I think all I have to tell you is that he scored more points for the Packers than he did for the Lions on Sunday.

if you don't care about the bears, or the packers performance against them, then why would you start this thread?  in head to head matchups recently,

bears > packers

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 11:25:44 AM »
if you don't care about the bears, or the packers performance against them, then why would you start this thread?  in head to head matchups recently,

bears > packers
Because Packers/Bears was brought up in the Brewers/Cubs thread and people said a thread for Bears/Packers was needed, so I made it.

In recent (and not-so-recent...being the last 15 years or so) overall success:
Packers >>>> Bears

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »
but you chose to name the thread "packers > bears", and not "official packers/bears discussion thread" or something along those lines.  you obviously care how the packers and bears compare against each other, and as such, their head-to-head record is easily the most important criteria in determining that.

don't lie and say you don't care when you obviously do.  it's the name of your thread.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 11:37:46 AM »

If you can get to the play offs then yes, if you can't then you celibrait the little things like beating your rivals.  And you would be doing the same thing.  And if you think it's ALL we care about you are a moron. (your history of rediculous steriotypes based on a few words in a post here and there is well documented) Ask any one out there next year we could win a superbowl but it means we lose to the packers wheather they'd take that deal.  

You think rex grossman sucks.  I think rex grossman sucks but according to you arron rodgers is good based on these TWO games.  One of which was against the lions.  Hmmm... I wonder what grossman did his first two games of his 4th season.  Oh yeah 5 td's and 1 int.  And everyone got excited.  Well rodgers has had two games and YOU are getting excited.  Just be aware that you could look as stupid as the bears fans who jumped on that band wagon.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 12:26:20 PM »
I guess history is kind of a funny thing.

Bears/Packers all time record:

Bears     90 victories
Packers  79 victories
            6 Ties

And yes, Jon Kitna is currently the best qb in the division. It's fine to drink the green and gold kool aid, but as of today Kitna is the best. If Rodgers keeps up his level of play for 10 more weeks, it's open for debate for sure.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
I don't think the Bears can do much better than 7-9 this year because of the lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, other than Forte who looks like a real gem.  But, their defense should keep them in games and they might be able to steal a few wins this year.  

I see the Packers around 11-5 and losing to Dallas on Sunday.  If Rodgers plays well and they win that game, then who knows how good they can be.

Minnesota can run the ball and defend the run.  Minnesota cannot pass or defend the pass (unless Allen can get some pressure).  At best, I think they go 9-7.

The Lions are still horrible, except for their wrs.  How Millen is still the GM is beyond anybody who knows anything about football (of course the Fords don't, so maybe that explains it).

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 12:28:02 PM »
Can someone get rawdog spellcheck

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »
Because Packers/Bears was brought up in the Brewers/Cubs thread and people said a thread for Bears/Packers was needed, so I made it.

In recent (and not-so-recent...being the last 15 years or so) overall success:
Packers >>>> Bears

TallTitan said.....The Packers won more games in the last week than the Brewers

Then you brought up the Bears in the thread.  You were the first to mention the Bears in the thread.  Then you started this thread.  Obviously there is an obsession somewhere deep inside.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:16:57 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

feedback