collapse

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Packers > Bears  (Read 15221 times)

RawdogDX

• All American
Re: Packers > Bears
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »

In all seriousness though... I don't have much to say about the Bears yet, except that Matt Forte may be the first legitimate running back Chicago has had in a long time.

+1 althought i might expand that to first legitimate offensive player at a skill position chicago has had in a long time.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »
Impartial opinion here:

-Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the NFC Central until he disproves this by spotting the other team 21 points in the fourth quarter or unless Gus Frerotte recaptures the magic of his days in Washington.

-I don't know about Bears fans as a whole, but whenever the Bears beat the Packers the kids on campus throw on their Bears jerseys with pride as if they won the Super Bowl.  They don't do this for the Bears' other 4 or 5 wins.  The Packers fans only get as excited about playoff wins, though they enjoy beating the Vikings. My guess is they don't celebrate the wins because having one losing season in 16 years has spoiled them, or because they celebrate by watching the four hours of Packers shows on Monday.  Such painful to watch television will take all the energy out of you.

-After suffering through Rashan Salaam, Curtis Enis, Darnell Autry, and Cedric Benson all being first round busts, it looks like the Bears have a running back.  He'll have more yards than Ryan Grant this year, even if Grant stays healthy.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »
I'll be at the Packers-Bears game this year at Lambeau and I'm excited.   Last Packers-Bears game I went to was about ten years ago and one of my fondest memories was 60,000 people and myself chanting "The Bears Still Suck" in 20 degree cold.  I'm sure we'll have it out in full force again this year. 

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »
A somewhat well known philosophy I've heard several times is that they key to not being disappointed is to have low expectations.  It's based on setting yourself up to be in a "can't lose" scenario.  Worst case is the result is poor but in line with your expectations and so you're not down about it.  If the result is better than your expectations you experience the euphoria that goes along with doing better than you expected.

Understand that and you'll understand why Bears fans party after beating the Pack and why Packer fans tend to reserve their euphoric outbursts for winning deeper playoff games.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2008, 04:15:33 PM »
One could argue that the Vikings are actually the Packers main rival. I'm a Bears fan, and I would think that would be the case.

Since Lovie took over in 2004, the Packers are 2-6 against the Bears. I guess Pack fans don't get too worked up for the game because they have such low expectations.  ;)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
One could argue that the Vikings are actually the Packers main rival. I'm a Bears fan, and I would think that would be the case.

Since Lovie took over in 2004, the Packers are 2-6 against the Bears. I guess Pack fans don't get too worked up for the game because they have such low expectations.  ;)

Whatever gets you through the night buddy ;)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »
Whatever gets you through the night buddy ;)

Sausages, Italian Beef, and a thick Chicago accent.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
Impartial opinion here:

-Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the NFC Central until he disproves this by spotting the other team 21 points in the fourth quarter or unless Gus Frerotte recaptures the magic of his days in Washington.

-I don't know about Bears fans as a whole, but whenever the Bears beat the Packers the kids on campus throw on their Bears jerseys with pride as if they won the Super Bowl.  They don't do this for the Bears' other 4 or 5 wins.  The Packers fans only get as excited about playoff wins, though they enjoy beating the Vikings. My guess is they don't celebrate the wins because having one losing season in 16 years has spoiled them, or because they celebrate by watching the four hours of Packers shows on Monday.  Such painful to watch television will take all the energy out of you.

-After suffering through Rashan Salaam, Curtis Enis, Darnell Autry, and Cedric Benson all being first round busts, it looks like the Bears have a running back.  He'll have more yards than Ryan Grant this year, even if Grant stays healthy.

Such is the life of a Wisconsinite.  I won't lie, the Sunday routine at my house has remained unchanged for all 19 years I've been alive.  Mass at 9 a.m. Back to listen to the remaining 2 hours of Packer pre game on the radio.  Watch the game, with the TV muted and the radio turned up.  Listen to 3 hours of post game/watch the late games.  Then watch all the Packer wrap up shows on local TV stations.  Adjust accordingly for late afternoon, Sunday night, or Monday night games.

More recent additions to this routine include finalizing fantasy football lineup and following that all day while the Packers are not playing.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2008, 08:57:59 AM »
I am from about 20 miles south of Green Bay and I NEVER watch or listen to the pre/post game shows.

honestly, they aren't even entertaining, to me at least.  I know all I need to know about the team from watching the games, and reading things online... wasting 5 hours of my day to hear the same things repeated over and over isn't my idea of a great sunday.

Also, the amount of fans that don't understand the game (watching people ask questions on Larry McCarren's Locker room is absolutely painful) or who blindly agree with everything Packer is equally as frustrating.

I love my team, don't get me wrong... but the shows are not for me.