'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Snaer talks offical visits  (Read 11249 times)

DJAMES1

• Walk-On
Snaer talks offical visits
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:37:34 PM »
I dont have scout so I cannot read this article, but can anyone summarize what it is saying?

http://ucla.scout.com/a.z?s=12&p=2&c=784667&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fucla.scout.com%2f2%2f784667.html

HoopDreams

• Starter
Re: Snaer talks offical visits
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:04:39 PM »
official visits with Florida State, UCLA, Marquette, Missouri and then possibly Kansas or Memphis...looking for a good coaching staff to make him a better player. Says he will be ready to commit when visits are made.
Tradition Never Graduates..

MUONTOP

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:44:45 PM »
Any dates for the visits?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »
With Marquette's excellent coaching staff, and a genuine opportunity to contribute immediately at Marquette, I think Snaer will find the staff can take his game to the next level, and he will be able to demonstrate that on a regular basis - seems like a great fit, and a win/win.  And, we'd love Snaer here at Marquette.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »
Any dates for the visits?

Not yet.  He says his coach is in the process of setting up the visits.

jce

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
With Marquette's excellent coaching staff...

With the recruiting successes we have had, I am as optimistic as the next guy, but what evidence is there that the coaching staff is "excellent?"

mviale

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 09:38:15 AM »

With the recruiting successes we have had, I am as optimistic as the next guy, but what evidence is there that the coaching staff is "excellent?"

Jce is right - our coaching team is a bunch of yahoos with no experience -lets give up and recruit some 1-2 star kids.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:57:39 AM »
Hopefully he gets to visit late Sept/Oct when the weather's beautiful in WI.
SS Marquette

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
I believe most think Buzz assembled a pretty good staff.  Good enough to go out and recruit a top 10 class by just about any ranking service, and good enough for top 100 players to evaluate and commit.  I think they will be excellent, have a balance ot developing bigs and others, and can recruit.  So, I think Snaer would find a nice home here, and if he scours the college boards, I think he should find the info he needs to help him make a decision - lol.

jce

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »
Jce is right - our coaching team is a bunch of yahoos with no experience -lets give up and recruit some 1-2 star kids.

I never said that we should do that...in fact I never said they were bad.  But when we have a kid that is considering the likes of Kansas and UCLA, the evidence is that they have much better coaching staffs.  Hopefully Buzz and Co. will be right up there, but again, what evidence do you have that they are "excellent" and can make players better?

mviale

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 10:50:15 PM »
Benford's efforts recruiting and coaching efforts have helped develop all-conference caliber players at each of the stops during his coaching career. Three of those individuals, Ike Diogu (Arizona St. - Indiana Pacers), Eddie House (Arizona St. - Boston Celtics) and Kenny Thomas (New Mexico - Sacramento Kings) are currently featured on NBA rosters.

Layer has also demonstrated the ability to develop talent, including former Colorado State center Jason Smith. The seven-footer scored over 1,500 points for Layer's Rams during his three seasons with the program before entering the NBA Draft following his junior campaign. Due to his development under Layer's tutelage, Smith was chosen with the 20th selection of the NBA Draft's first round by the Miami Heat. His rights were traded to the Philadelphia 76ers, with whom he recently completed a solid rookie season. Several of Layer's recruiting classes at Colorado State were ranked among the top 40 nationally by various recruiting publication

Prior to UNO, Williams served as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Texas A&M for two seasons (2004-05 - 2005-06) under head coach Billy Gillispie. Both of his recruiting classes with the Aggies were ranked among the best in the nation and featured some of the top-ranked talent at the prep level. The squad made its first NCAA Tournament appearance in 25 years in 2005-06 and the previous team posted the top turnaround in the nation, improving its win total in 2004-05 by 14 games compared to 2003-04.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

jce

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 09:13:31 AM »
Sounds pretty run-of-the-mill when compared to the other schools on the list.  Who knows how they will develop, and believe me, I *want* them to be excellent, but that is a reach to me.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »
Simple fact is that no one knows how good of a coach Buzz will be.  We know the man can recruit and if the kid is making a visit and gives us a shot, I have faith Buzz will make a good impression.  I can only imagine how good recruiting classes will be if he gets a good season underneath his belt and/or gets some good publicity about good coaching skills.

GO MU
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 10:20:52 AM »

Where did he say any of that in the post?

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »

I never said that we should do that...in fact I never said they were bad.  But when we have a kid that is considering the likes of Kansas and UCLA, the evidence is that they have much better coaching staffs.  Hopefully Buzz and Co. will be right up there, but again, what evidence do you have that they are "excellent" and can make players better?

You only need one to believe.

Before O'Neill showed up MacIlvane hadn't considered Marquette at all and was rumored to be signing with UCLA - we all know what happened.  And that was when the basketball team practiced out of the Old Gym, not the amazing and stunning AL.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 10:31:12 AM »
Snaer will visit MU on Sept. 20.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »
SEP 20th?  Too bad we can't get him there for Midnight Madness...

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 12:32:50 PM »
SEP 20th?  Too bad we can't get him there for Midnight Madness...

cuz that made a huge difference the last few times it's happened...

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 12:34:35 PM »
we still are slated for the final visit so you can't complain especially if hes just looking to get them out of the way asap

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
yeah, generally you want to either have the first visit, and convince him to commit before going anywhere else, or the last, and hope since you are fresh in his mind, he picks you.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 05:17:18 PM »
Is there any way, assuming they has a spot for him, that he doesn't go to UCLA?  I'm sure he's interested in the thought of starting as a freshman, but I would think it'd be hard to turn down UCLA. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 05:48:29 PM »
Is there any way, assuming they has a spot for him, that he doesn't go to UCLA?  I'm sure he's interested in the thought of starting as a freshman, but I would think it'd be hard to turn down UCLA. 

His handlers want him to play right away.  At UCLA, he doesn't start freshman year. 

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »
His handlers want him to play right away.  At UCLA, he doesn't start freshman year. 

He might give that demand a second thought after he sees the cheerleading squad.

We do have PT to offer, but that makes me wonder where EWilliams and Maymon fall in the equation.

Cadougan at the 1, Snaer at the 2, Williams or Maymon at the 3, Lazar at the 4, and Otule/McMorrow at the 5.  You would have to wonder who gets the start between Williams and Maymon.  Williams seems like the kind of guy who would be willing to come off the bench, and with his versatility is pretty much the ideal sixth man.  I can't keep thinking about this though, it seems like Shumpert redux...

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 07:47:44 PM »
I don't have scout or rivals so I was just wondering who else he is visiting.

DJAMES1

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 07:57:46 PM »

Cadougan at the 1, Snaer at the 2, Williams or Maymon at the 3, Lazar at the 4, and Otule/McMorrow at the 5.  You would have to wonder who gets the start between Williams and Maymon.  Williams seems like the kind of guy who would be willing to come off the bench, and with his versatility is pretty much the ideal sixth man.  I can't keep thinking about this though, it seems like Shumpert redux...

Wasn't Maymon promised starting time already?  Any chance Snaer is a one-and-done?  Go get him Buzz, bring home a Top-5 recruiting class your first year of full recruiting.

feedback