Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Snaer talks offical visits  (Read 11250 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Snaer talks offical visits
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »
I don't have scout or rivals so I was just wondering who else he is visiting.

Of late I know shooter Ethan Wragge, PF Sam Dower have been to MU.  PF Ray Turner from Texas is supposed to be visiting again. 

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 11:11:25 PM »
Of late I know shooter Ethan Wragge, PF Sam Dower have been to MU.  PF Ray Turner from Texas is supposed to be visiting again. 

Would be nice to get a ligit 6'9 PF, shooter would be great but it sounds like Buycks, Hayward, Junior, Butler, and E. Williams will be able to shoot it in 09-10...plus cubillan and acker will be seniors.  Maybe a SG would be a better fit in 2010.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 08:43:25 AM »
Is Sept. 20 Al's Run? If Buzz doesn't wear those hideous sunglasses like Crean wore last year for the event, Snaer may actually commit.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 09:01:05 AM »
Cadougan at the 1, Snaer at the 2, Williams or Maymon at the 3, Lazar at the 4, and Otule/McMorrow at the 5. 

I would think it would be Maymon at the 4 and Lazar at the 3, with Williams being the first off the bench for spots 2-4 (with Lazar sliding over if EW comes in for Maymon).

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »
Is Sept. 20 Al's Run? If Buzz doesn't wear those hideous sunglasses like Crean wore last year for the event, Snaer may actually commit.

It is indeed on 9/20.

Man, I forgot what a tool he looked like with those shades:

Ludum habemus.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 09:55:56 AM »
OMG, the guy is such a D-Bag.

nola03

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 10:04:34 AM »

Wasn't Maymon promised starting time already?  Any chance Snaer is a one-and-done?  Go get him Buzz, bring home a Top-5 recruiting class your first year of full recruiting.

From the quotes, it would seem Maymon has assurances it's his spot to lose. It also seems the PG spot is Cadougan's to lose. And considering the high level of talent Snaer brings you'd have to assume the SG would be his to lose.

That said, I wonder if Buycks rethinks his future if Snaer commits. When Buycks committed it looked like there was a lot of playing time available at the 1 and 2 spots but Cadougan and Snaer could be 25 minute/game players which would only leave 30 minutes to split between Seniors Cubillan and Acker and JUCO Buycks. I highly doubt all three would be satisfied in that situation.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 11:08:15 AM »
OMG, the guy is such a D-Bag.

You can call Crean a D-Bag for many things, but supporting Al's Run (no matter what he wears) is not one of them.  I hope you simply forgot the teal on that one.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »
Quote from: muarmy81 on September 03, 2008, 11:36:53 AM
SEP 20th?  Too bad we can't get him there for Midnight Madness...

cuz that made a huge difference the last few times it's happened...

Are you refferring to Erik Wiliams committing last year as a Junior top 40 recruit?

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 11:43:13 AM »
Crean is a d-bag without the glasses...too.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »
You can call Crean a D-Bag for many things, but supporting Al's Run (no matter what he wears) is not one of them.  I hope you simply forgot the teal on that one.

Nope, still a d-bag....I know plenty of people, including myself, that have supported Al's run, and none of them have worn glasses like that.  

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
I'm not sure why people think with Snaer,  and Junior as freshman, no Soph, Buycks as a junior and Acker and DC as senior how this would be a log Jam?  Last year we had Scott, acker and DC, James, McNeal and Wes?  that is only really 5 guards and my guess is either DC or Acker would end up being the 5th of the bench?  I know Butler can play some guard but my guess is he probably is more of a Wing.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 01:21:39 PM »
totally agree not only is their absolutely no log jam whatsoever, 2 of those guys are seniors and neither of them is really starting a BE caliber 2 guard.  Even thos i love cubi he is more of a shooting Pg.  I have said all summer our biggest need is a high caliber 2G.  We are very thin at the guard spot.  Pure math says 40% of a 2 g 2forward 1 center lineup is guards, take that against 13 scholarship players and the average is 5.2.  How can 5 guards be a logjam, especially in a 3 guard offense the number should be more like 7 guards.

The logjam argument is dumb...and apart froma guy like Shumpert who is probably the first McDonalds all american that i have ever heard of being concerned with not being good enough to get amjor minutes if not start right away.  When you are that good being concerned with playing time is the last thing on a guy like that's mind.  Shumpert was the rare exception and even then his story was alittle different in that the 3 amigos would be back and they have nothing to do with teh Snaer equation.

nola03

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 05:09:24 PM »
Since the last two are clearly directed at me it should be noted that if Cadougan and Snaer are as good as advertised they start as Freshman & Sophomores hands down.

During their first year, they'll have two seniors in Cubillan and Acker who will backup simply because of rest issues but more importantly because of experience issues.

This leaves Buycks picking up spot duty minutes unless we suffer an injury (because the 3 spot will be fought between Hayward, Maymon, Fulce Butler, or Williams). Being on spot duty his first season and being a bench player his second season it may not swallow easily for a guy some think is the best JUCO player in the nation, especially considering Buycks will only have two seasons to realize his Division I dream.

Not saying Buycks would leave or that he should leave due to a numbers game. Just saying it's something the think about.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 09:21:33 AM »
Nola...

Are you kidding me?!  maybe we should just have 5 guys that way no one has to worry about looking over his shoulder and we do not have any competion for playing time in practice.  That would make for a really great team and even more importantly the kids would be really happy all the time. 

Boy your last post makes me wonder if you ever played a compettive sport in your lifetime. 

Heres my take....If buycks is as good as some say he has absolutelynothing to worry about, Buzz, like any other coach is going to have his 5 best players on the coaurt.  For Mu the last number of years that has been 3 and at times 4 guards.  If in 2009 junior, Buycks and Snaer are 3 of the best 5 they will be on the coaurt.  if Buycks is not all some have made him to be he will not be out there much, if he gets hurt not at all and we are very thin and weak at the 2.

Buzz will want the best players he can find, remeber people like you dont think he should have gotten the job, and also think he should be fired immediately if he does not perform.  Yet you question wether he should be recruitng a mcDoanalds all-american???   WOW!!  WOW!!