collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: My Visit to MU  (Read 6504 times)

jce

My Visit to MU
« on: July 08, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »
Yesterday, I went back to Marquette because my son took a campus tour there.  Outside of the AMU gift shop and the McGuire Center, it was my first visit to campus in probably 20 years!  I saw Cudahy Hall and the Raynor Library for the first time.  Very nice.  I saw the building where I had most of my classes (Lalumiere) and the buildings where I worked (Wehr science buildings) but didn't enter.  The Science Library is gone...did my "power studying" there.

McCormick is now co-ed and O'Donnell is now a male dorm?  Boggles the mind....

Afterwards, on the way to lunch at Miss Katies, we drove past Dany's on 17th Street and it made me smile.  I'm sure I have the fake ID somewhere.

All and all, a good visit.  He liked it, but we have three more to go.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
Re: My Visit to MU
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »
Yesterday, I went back to Marquette because my son took a campus tour there.  Outside of the AMU gift shop and the McGuire Center, it was my first visit to campus in probably 20 years!  I saw Cudahy Hall and the Raynor Library for the first time.  Very nice.  I saw the building where I had most of my classes (Lalumiere) and the buildings where I worked (Wehr science buildings) but didn't enter.  The Science Library is gone...did my "power studying" there.

McCormick is now co-ed and O'Donnell is now a male dorm?  Boggles the mind....

Afterwards, on the way to lunch at Miss Katies, we drove past Dany's on 17th Street and it made me smile.  I'm sure I have the fake ID somewhere.

All and all, a good visit.  He liked it, but we have three more to go.

All of that makes me miss campus and I only left 6 weeks ago.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
Few experiences bond a parent and child like the college search and visits. Though the stress can be overwhelming at times, there's always the humorous parts of the trip as well. Had the pleasure of doing this twice with my kids.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 04:44:24 PM »
All my brothers have attended MU after me so the only time I get a chance to make it up to campus is every other year during their graduations.  I just booked my trip for this spring but unfortunately this is my last brother so it may be awhile before I make it up to Wisconsin AVE again...  :'(

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 07:51:40 PM »
Few experiences bond a parent and child like the college search and visits. Though the stress can be overwhelming at times, there's always the humorous parts of the trip as well. Had the pleasure of doing this twice with my kids.

how cute.  you and your "partner" adopted.   ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:23:51 PM »
Hey Young Whippersnapper! Your day will come. Remember you only rent your kids. Enjoy it while you can.
Heard your wife is knocked-up and the ultrasound image resembles your mailman ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jce

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »

We live about 50 miles away.  He was so stressed out on the way down that we almost kicked him out of the car.  Afterwards, he just talked and talked and talked.  Very unlike him but fun to see.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 11:58:50 PM »
Hey Young Whippersnapper! Your day will come. Remember you only rent your kids. Enjoy it while you can.
Heard your wife is knocked-up and the ultrasound image resembles your mailman ;D

Very true...they grow so fast it's incredible.  Blink a few times and they are in 5th grade...blink again and they are in high school.   It's crazy. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 08:21:23 AM »

We live about 50 miles away.  He was so stressed out on the way down that we almost kicked him out of the car.  Afterwards, he just talked and talked and talked.  Very unlike him but fun to see.

sounds like my visit.  my parents knew I was going there even though it was one of my first visits.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »
Very true...they grow so fast it's incredible.  Blink a few times and they are in 5th grade...blink again and they are in high school.   It's crazy. 
[/q
uote]

I keep blinking and now one's out of college and the other will be a freshman in Fall.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 05:48:53 PM »
[/q
uote]

I keep blinking and now one's out of college and the other will be a freshman in Fall.

Don't worry, the Ozaukee Co. Sheriff will be knocking on your door any day now with some paperwork for you to sign.