Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If PRN were alive today...  (Read 8192 times)

wampum77

• Walk-On
Re: If PRN were alive today...
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 10:07:13 PM »
Yes, Tommy was "relatively" successful, but his limitations in relation to recruiting, player development, coaching and peer interaction in relation to what he got payed were greater deficits than his accomplishments.  After recruiting the three amigos he plateaued at best.  Now Tommy did a good job for himself and being a huckster and in that regard he was an "absolute" success.  Whether Buzz is the right hire or not Tommy's departure was good for MU.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 10:09:45 PM »
RIP
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »
It appears PRN is no longer registered under usernames.

Crean might have disappointed a lot of us by the way he left but he never lived up to PRN's delusions. I think he might have dropped out after his obsession left us.

Is it a coincidence that Wampum77 joined us in early April? Forgive me if I am wrong on my far flung speculation.

I definitely don't miss PRN's weak arguments and desertion when he realized he was wrong. That dude had some issues outside of most people with Crean.

I also don't think most people hoped that Crean would leave.

I'm sure some of us have a renewed hope based upon the Maymon verbal. Now, we need to see continued recruiting and performance by players on the court and in the classroom.

On that note, I'm glad I don't put my livelihood on the back of 20 year old kids. I know I would have disappointed my parents, coach and MU on many occasions!

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »
If someone mentions the nickname issue I am confident PRN will surface b/c that was an issue that he could never resist.  So here's the bait.

"I think Golden Eagles and all related logos are the greatest in the NCAA, bar none."

So now we wait, . . .   ;D

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 02:16:29 AM »
Yes, Tommy was "relatively" successful,

yes relatively as in relative to 90% of the coaches who coached during his tenure.  That's almost assuredly a low end estimate. 
Go ahead and force yourself to not see that if you want to be bitter.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 02:21:25 AM »
Maybe PRN was also Harvey's and now is.......?

Anyway, only speculation, but I'm sure the guy is thrilled to see that he is the subject of our speculation.  Must be the off season.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 08:26:07 AM »
yes relatively as in relative to 90% of the coaches who coached during his tenure.  That's almost assuredly a low end estimate. 
Go ahead and force yourself to not see that if you want to be bitter.

Agree 100%... people can hate him... but he was successful.

I would say clearly the 2nd most successful coach at MU... and we could debate that... but he's definitely in the conversation, which would lead me to believe that he was more than "relatively" succesful.

wampum77

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »
Okay, okay.  I'm happy for what MU accomplished while Tommy was here even though we had plateaued.  Believe me I'm elated (not bitter) that Tommy is gone--no matter what the W-L record is this year. Words like hate and detest are not applicable, I just think Tommy is a superficial carpet-bagger.

Sorry I am not PRN;  I speak for the silent majority.

The really good news is that Isaiah has accepted Tommy's offer to be the official motivational speaker for the coming IU BB season.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 11:28:09 AM »
I speak for the silent majority.

I hope you aren't correct about this.

Again, I realize that Crean wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but hopefully the majority of fans realize he did far more good than bad.

He's not St. Tom, he's just Tom Crean... and I don't think he's perfect (nor does he have to be).

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
I heard he moved full time to the Indiana board to continue to express his New World Order conspiracy theories with a whole new crop of Crean lovers.

There just simply isn't enough room on the interwebs for 2 PRN's.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »
Wait so what really happened to PRN?  I come back to Scoop for the first time an about a week and I get a message similar to what Jerry Seinfeld found on his answering machine: "George is dead, Stienbrener is at our house, call us back!"

Options I've considered are:
1) Dead
2) Followed Crean to Indiana to complain about him there
3) With Tupac
4) Not on Scoop during the offseason?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »
i do not disagree with what Crean accomplished...i think some of the shorter term fans and Crean himself tend to over inflate his accomplisments.  I for one feel Kevin oneil did at least as good if not a better job than Crean and did it under even more difficult circumstances.  nevertheless Crean did a good job, however given the job he did do it is telling that so many people disliked him.  normally, when a coach comes in and does a good job people simply like him becuase the porgram is doing well.  i have never ssen it before like this with any program whereby dispite his success the guy was such a boorish ass that despite his successes a great number of people detested the guy.

Which one was the boorish ass...Kevin or Tom?  I'd argue both.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 06:06:14 PM »
Chico----KO had a good side and was much more what you see is what you get. I enjoyed many nights drinking beer and talking ball with KO. He also brought back a ton of excitement. In my mind KO was more crude but easier to like.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »
Chico----KO had a good side and was much more what you see is what you get. I enjoyed many nights drinking beer and talking ball with KO. He also brought back a ton of excitement. In my mind KO was more crude but easier to like.

I enjoyed KO as well, but thought some of his actions weren't appropriate.  I wasn't a big fan of what he did to his wife or how he treated the MU administration publicly. 

Crean and KO are both very arrogant and egotistical coaches, par for the course for many in that profession.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 06:46:09 PM »
Wait so what really happened to PRN?

I got an e-mail from PRN 'cuz he saw this thread.  He's fine, and still lurking.  He added "I deleted my account for a few reasons, not the least of which is that I was spending too much time there."

Ok, we can all get back to regularly scheduled programming now (you know it's the off-season when PRN's presence, or lack thereof is a hot topic).

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 08:03:46 PM »
I think Ziggy might be able to fill the void till Rican gets back.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »
I think Ziggy might be able to fill the void till Rican gets back.

when the hell have I left?