[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: The BADger perspective on Maymon  (Read 3589 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: The BADger perspective on Maymon
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:32:52 PM »
The most interesting comment in that bunch, I thought, was:

"I just got done talking with Rob Hernandez, the author of the article, and he told me that Maymon will likely be picking between Baylor or Iowa State, according to his prep contacts.

Rob Hernandez is one of the best prep gurus in the area so his speculation does have some weight to it.

Just some food for thought.
Benjamin Worgull
Publisher
Badger Nation
"

(Edit:  added...)However...if this stuff came through before Maymon's visit to MU 3 days ago, then I wouldn't give it too much weight.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:52:04 PM by BrewCity »
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:46:17 PM »
Bad news.  I figured we wouldn't get him.  Iowa State?  They're terrible.  I guess he wants to own whatever team he goes to.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:49:51 PM »
The think the answer to the grade point question, is that his father meant he have a 3.2 average his senior year and not an over 3.2 for all four years.

SGWarrior

• Starter
  • "I'm a winning guy."
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »
The most interesting comment in that bunch, I thought, was:

"I just got done talking with Rob Hernandez, the author of the article, and he told me that Maymon will likely be picking between Baylor or Iowa State, according to his prep contacts.

Rob Hernandez is one of the best prep gurus in the area so his speculation does have some weight to it.

Just some food for thought.
Benjamin Worgull
Publisher
Badger Nation
"

(Edit:  added...)However...if this stuff came through before Maymon's visit to MU 3 days ago, then I wouldn't give it too much weight.

I no longer take much credence to these guys after the Shumpert decision.  Bob Saccamoto (sp?)  from Chicago thought Shumpert had GTech as 3rd on his list prior to his annoucement and was visibily shaken after the announcement.

I still think its MU.  The timing and his family's reaction after this week's visit is too much for me too ignore.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »
We know what other schools he has offers from. Do we know if he actually visited Tennessee and Providence. We know he has been to Baylor and Iowa St. I still think he picks a school where his parents can watch him play. Although, for all we know his parents could move to Texas so they could watch both sons play. I also think the 3.2 comment comes from Buzz telling him that he needs to get a 3 to 3.2 in his courses his senior year to get into Marquette and his father said he will do that.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »
I no longer take much credence to these guys after the Shumpert decision.  Bob Saccamoto (sp?)  from Chicago thought Shumpert had GTech as 3rd on his list prior to his annoucement and was visibily shaken after the announcement.

I still think its MU.  The timing and his family's reaction after this week's visit is too much for me too ignore.

Amen to that. I'm still a little shocked Shumpert didn't choose Marquette (although he likely would have asked out of his LOI with the coaching change anyway...what a kick in the ass that would have been).

Just curious, "his family's reaction after this week's visit"....is this from an article? The articles I've read his dad said the visit went well, but he never said anything to the point where I thought MU sealed the deal. Care to elaborate?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 05:31:52 PM »
He has not visited PC to my knowledge.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »
Amen to that. I'm still a little shocked Shumpert didn't choose Marquette (although he likely would have asked out of his LOI with the coaching change anyway...what a kick in the ass that would have been).

Just curious, "his family's reaction after this week's visit"....is this from an article? The articles I've read his dad said the visit went well, but he never said anything to the point where I thought MU sealed the deal. Care to elaborate?

I don't think anything was said that made it appear that MU sealed the deal, but the reviews appeared positive and promising.

This is from Mark Miller's site:

http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/article.asp?nid=14839

According to Tim Maymon, the father of Madison Memorial junior Jeronne Maymon, the unofficial visit the family took to Marquette on Tuesday went well.

“It was great meeting with Buzz Williams and the other coaches,” Tim Maymon said. “Things went well.”

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »
I don't think anything was said that made it appear that MU sealed the deal, but the reviews appeared positive and promising.

This is from Mark Miller's site:

http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/article.asp?nid=14839

According to Tim Maymon, the father of Madison Memorial junior Jeronne Maymon, the unofficial visit the family took to Marquette on Tuesday went well.

“It was great meeting with Buzz Williams and the other coaches,” Tim Maymon said. “Things went well.”

I don't know where he's going, but I honestly can't recall a player giving a negative review after an official visit.  They almost all say "it was great"..."they have a lot to offer"..."the campus is wonderful"...etc, etc.

So his words after the visit to MU don't particularly sway me one way or the other, seems like all these kids basically have something positive to say after their visits.  Can't recall one that didn't.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 11:38:03 PM »
I don't know where he's going, but I honestly can't recall a player giving a negative review after an official visit.  They almost all say "it was great"..."they have a lot to offer"..."the campus is wonderful"...etc, etc.

So his words after the visit to MU don't particularly sway me one way or the other, seems like all these kids basically have something positive to say after their visits.  Can't recall one that didn't.

Jo to be clear, those were his dad's comments, not Jeronne's.

nola03

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 10:46:38 AM »

I think Chicos' point is that the comment doesn't exactly spring the word "promising" to mind. More along the lines of generic all went well response.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 11:09:42 AM »

Father, son...doesn't matter....they all say the same thing 99% of the time after a visit. 

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
I think Chicos' point is that the comment doesn't exactly spring the word "promising" to mind. More along the lines of generic all went well response.

No based on the comment "promising" doesnt spring to mind but the timing of the decision sure does since it would be a week after his visit.

Oh but yes back to the party line of those that don't like the Buzz hire or how he was hired.  Doom and gloom.  Maymon is going elsewhere.   :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:22:24 PM by mufanatic »