[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Judas cleaning out his closet  (Read 5040 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Judas cleaning out his closet
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:08:28 AM »
I was looking out my window at around 9 tonight and saw a car that looked like Judas's (white/silver Escalade) pull up right outside of the Al and 3 guys in suits get out and swipe into the Al so some friends of mine walked over there and figured out that it was definitely his car (has some personalized stuff on the front sides of it) and they came out while we were outside at about 11:45 and we got to yell at him.  My guess is he was getting all of the stuff that was in his old office.  Hopefully that's the last we see of him around here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
Re: Judas cleaning out his closet
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »
Surprised DPS/MU wouldn't have it boxed up and on the metaphorical curb w/i 24 hours of his departure.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:21:38 AM »
Crean had to send someone to get all his diet pepsi and tanning cream, I'm sure of that.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:35:49 AM »
It can't have taken him that long... He's been packed and ready to go for the past several years...

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »
He obviously took all of the MU recruits' phone numbers with him when he left the first time on April 1st...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:22:08 AM »
well i guess that begs the question ..."what did you yell at him"?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 08:29:55 AM »
well i guess that begs the question ..."what did you yell at him"?

...and how did he respond?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »
...and how did he respond?

clapped his hands and said "it's Indiana, it's Indiana."

MUPig

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:45:15 AM »
Just wondering - would this situation be any better if he would have shown some class and taken a few days and informed the university and players and then bolted for Indiana?  Probably not.  Everyone would still be all over him for bolting.  How can you blame him for leaving - after all "It's INDIANA!!!"

Hopefully, in 4-5 years of non-tourney and NIT appearances, he will be looking for work at some mid-major.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:57:47 AM »
Just wondering - would this situation be any better if he would have shown some class and taken a few days and informed the university and players and then bolted for Indiana?  Probably not.  Everyone would still be all over him for bolting.  How can you blame him for leaving - after all "It's INDIANA!!!"

Hopefully, in 4-5 years of non-tourney and NIT appearances, he will be looking for work at some mid-major.

I actually do think the situation would've been a little better if he did tell his players and the university of his intentions first...oh, and if he didn't take his prized recruit with him....oh well, F him....Buzz is our man!

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 09:07:45 AM »
I actually do think the situation would've been a little better if he did tell his players and the university of his intentions first...oh, and if he didn't take his prized recruit with him....oh well, F him....Buzz is our man!

+1

Like others on here, I am upset by the way he totally ditched us.  I saw players with their heads hangin' with disappointment and disbelief coming back to Humphrey after what must have been the meeting where Crean told them at the last minute as he was loading his car to head to the airport that he wasn't their coach anymore.

Business is business, and Indiana is Indiana, but tact is tact, and tanning crean showed none of it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 09:23:57 AM »
Honestly, I really do think our impression of him would be different, had he left with class.   There are plenty of things that could have been done and said that would have mitigated the situation.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »
As for taking our prized recruit with him, didn't Williams have a pre-nup, i.e., an agreement in his LOI that stated that if Crean left MU that he was not bound by the LOI?

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:32:29 AM »
Absolutely different!!  Look at Self at Kansas up front and classy about the whole situation.  But honestly, I think the people most hurt by the Crean move are those fans that held him on such a pedestal.  Those of us that have dealt with him not so much, but even though you expect selfishness and a complete lack of class from Crean this was pretty suprising in that he stooped to a new low in how he handled it, and then to tell one story/rationalization after another was sickening.  Maybe if he was not so busy calling MU commits he could have met with his employers and team.  Ask Erik William's HS coach when he knew Crean was leaving.  Then for Crean to contact and attempt to steal MU commits such as TT, N. Williams, and Erik Williams when any coach with 1 oz. of class not only stays away but tells them to stay committed well I guess if that does not convince those that held Crean in such high regard, then I dont know what will.  For many of us though it comes as no surprise.  IU fans will get  a wake up call when the honeymoon is over and be dissapointed.  If they win big every year his character will be accepted, if they struggled it will come to the forefront and I think Iu fans will struggle with it as did we.  How many IU legends will get treated like George Thompson did?  My guess...alot.

MU_Grad02

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »
I havent heard the story about Crean contacting Erik Williams or his HS coach.  Can someone recap?  Was he trying to take him to IU too?  At this point I'm not surprised at anything Crean does, if anything has become crystal clear in the last month, its the total lack of class that Crean has.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 12:07:17 PM »
Crean called Erik Williams the day he resigned...most likely before letting his current players know...and began recruiting him to IU.  I will post the article if I can find it.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »
Here is part of the report.  The timing is not in here but it has been reported Crean called Williams the day of, also Jamil Wilson has reported Crean called him on April 1, during school. 

******"With everything that's been going on, I'm just going to decide to stay with Marquette," Erik Williams said. "Based on my opinion before, and what I saw when I went up there, I just remembered all the things I liked up there.

Williams said he was shocked initially at the news that previous coach Tom Crean had left for Indiana but decided to see who was named as his replacement at MU before making any decisions regarding his commitment, which is non-binding until he officially signs in November.

In the meantime, he and coach John Harmatuk heard from Crean, who made it known he still desired his services in Bloomington, Ind."******

warthogdriver

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 11:26:16 PM »
Judas is a complete spineless, gutless friggin dick. No balls whatsoever.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:26:35 AM by warthogdriver »

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 08:26:05 AM »
I have to say, I am surprised that with all the tan one has to do now that he would be spending time cleaning out his office at the Al.  But. . .he is TC, and does what he wants. 

Yeah - I think had he left with class things would be a little different.  Yep - we'd be upset, we wouldn't get it - why leave us? and so on, but I think the overall bitterness he created in the MU community would be less had he left with class, and had he treated his players with the respect and dignity they deserve.  And to to what he did to the administration - completely blindsided when they did everything they could for him with a big long term contract - is despicable. 

So yeah - I think things would have been better for him and us if he left with class.  But he chose not to.  So be it.  He'll be tanning on someone else's dime now.  Frankly, I think we can do better - we underachieved. 

Let the new era begin - I am looking forward to it!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 08:38:05 AM »
I am surprised that he even had stuff to take still. I have heard that almost everyone that works at the AL or anyone related to the team as been raiding his stuff. I am talking autographed Wade stuff to coach only appearal. He did though take with him "his" final four trophey. Which makes me asked, is this trophey his or the schools? I mean who should have it, the university or Tan Tom?
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

2TimeWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »
I am surprised that he even had stuff to take still. I have heard that almost everyone that works at the AL or anyone related to the team as been raiding his stuff. I am talking autographed Wade stuff to coach only appearal. He did though take with him "his" final four trophey. Which makes me asked, is this trophey his or the schools? I mean who should have it, the university or Tan Tom?

I am sure he had his own trophy made.  There was more signed stuff in his office than I've ever seen.  The guy was all about showing who he knew...f'ing glory hound!

I hope somebody from the admin was standing by to make sure he didn't take stuff MU paid for!

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 09:43:02 AM »
Regardless how TC left, those that didn't like him anyway would still be ticked off that he left.

BUT...if he did it with class, then his supporters (like me) wouldn't have turned on him so quick. I think it did make a big difference and has left a big stain on his rep.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
Regardless how TC left, those that didn't like him anyway would still be ticked off that he left.

BUT...if he did it with class, then his supporters (like me) wouldn't have turned on him so quick. I think it did make a big difference and has left a big stain on his rep.

+1.  Exactly.