collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461379 times)

jmayer1

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #975 on: September 04, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »
They are looking for a reason to have another reason to have a patch on their jerseys.

?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #976 on: September 04, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
With the news today that Big Z has rotator cuff tedinitis and Lou saying Harden is experiencing some "discomfort" what are Cubs fans feeling?  If these injuries aren't long term and only cause a few missed starts, it prolly won't matter much. 

Obviously the Cubs would have to have a historic collapse to not make the playoffs, but if one or both of these guys ends up missing significant time, possibly even into the playoffs, can the Cubs rely on Dempster (having a huge contract year) and some combination of the others (Lily, Marquis, Marshall) to fill out the playoff rotation?

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #977 on: September 04, 2008, 08:00:28 PM »
They can count on them to fill out the rotation and probable lose in the first round if Harden and Zambrano both can't pitch.  But, I think they'll both be available for the playoffs with Zambrano, Dempster, and Hardin going 1, 2, 3.
"We have the blues on the run!"

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #978 on: September 04, 2008, 10:30:19 PM »
Zambrano has tendinitis and considering rest has always helped Harden (never had a structural problem) I'd be willing to venture that's what Harden has as well.  At this point of the season I'm sure there are quite a few pitchers in the bigs with tendinitis.  Hell I'm sure some of you out there get some tendinitis in your shoulder every now and then and you don't pitch every five days.

Luckily with the lead we have, the Cubs are able to rest these guys up and get them healthy for the postseason.  If they can't start in the postseason thats a different story but there is nothing to indicate they won't.  The best thing for tendinitis is an anti-inflamatory and rest.  And that's exactly what they will get.

Do I wish they didn't have tendinitis and were still pitching?  Of course.  But resting these guys up for the next few weeks isn't the worst thing in the world either.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #979 on: September 07, 2008, 12:23:58 AM »
Is it still a "pipe dream" for CC to win the Cy Young this year?  Webb has given up 6, 6, and 7 earned runs in his last 3 starts, all loses.  At this moment I would think CC leads the Cy Young race, with an ERA under 1.50 and a 9-0 record.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #980 on: September 07, 2008, 02:03:59 AM »
I hope he wins it, that will help with his negotiations with the Yankee's this summer.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #981 on: September 07, 2008, 08:22:12 AM »
Webb has shat a brick the last month...but say CC looses 2 or 3 starts and has 1 or 2 no decisions?  would you still consider him cy young then?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #982 on: September 07, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »
Like I said before Tim Lincecum is the NL Cy Young. Put him on any other team and he has 19-20 wins. His stuff is disgusting, much better than Z, CC, Harden or Sheets.

If he gets snubbed for the fat one, he will truly be getting robbed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #983 on: September 07, 2008, 09:26:52 PM »
Like I said before Tim Lincecum is the NL Cy Young. Put him on any other team and he has 19-20 wins. His stuff is disgusting, much better than Z, CC, Harden or Sheets.

If he gets snubbed for the fat one, he will truly be getting robbed.
Since coming to the NL CC has been the best dominating pitcher in baseball.  He may single handedly put the Brewers into the playoffs for the first time in 26 years.  If he doesn't lose a single game in the NL, and especially if he keeps an ERA under 1.50, there is no way he doesn't win the NL Cy Young, and no way he doesn't deserve it.  Even if you look at the whole season his record was bad with a 6-8 record in Cleveland, but he had an ERA of under 3.5 and was leading the MLB in strikeouts and innings pitched.  His record was bad because in 11 of his 18 starts the Indians scored 2 or less runs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #984 on: September 08, 2008, 07:28:11 AM »
His record was bad because in 11 of his 18 starts the Indians scored 2 or less runs.

Tim Lincecum?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #985 on: September 08, 2008, 06:44:07 PM »
Ummmm Mike Cameron just said on Brewers Live the pressure is on the rest of the league because everyone is chasing them?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #986 on: September 08, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »
Ummmm Mike Cameron just said on Brewers Live the pressure is on the rest of the league because everyone is chasing them?

Ummm...yeah, must be a side effect of the cream and or clear

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #987 on: September 09, 2008, 09:40:09 AM »

For the wild card?

JSwarriors08

« Reply #988 on: September 09, 2008, 10:26:50 PM »
I am a Brewers fan, but...

Why the heck is Rickie Weeks not permanently condemned to the bench?

*sigh*

Two innings (eighth and ninth) = Two errors = Three possible outs

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #989 on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »
That's the only question about Ned you have?  I have about a million questions, one of which is that.  Why would Gagne ever pitch?  Why would Brad Nelson pinch hit with Gamel, Escobar, Kapler, etc. on the bench?  Why would Gwynn Jr. not pinch run instead of Escobar?

Also, can the Brewers ever make a good out (move the runner over instead of striking out, etc.)?  If we can't produce a few runs here and there and if our bullpen doesn't pull it together we'll be lucky to even make the playoffs at all, let alone do anything in them.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #990 on: September 09, 2008, 11:04:29 PM »
Why would Gwynn Jr. not pinch run instead of Escobar?

So he could pinch run for Prince in the 10th.

I agree with you though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #991 on: September 11, 2008, 02:59:28 PM »
That's the only question about Ned you have?  I have about a million questions, one of which is that.  Why would Gagne ever pitch?  Why would Brad Nelson pinch hit with Gamel, Escobar, Kapler, etc. on the bench?  Why would Gwynn Jr. not pinch run instead of Escobar?

Also, can the Brewers ever make a good out (move the runner over instead of striking out, etc.)?  If we can't produce a few runs here and there and if our bullpen doesn't pull it together we'll be lucky to even make the playoffs at all, let alone do anything in them.

+100

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #992 on: September 12, 2008, 08:10:55 AM »
someone close and lock every window higher than the second floor... I might jump.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #993 on: September 12, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »
someone close and lock every window higher than the second floor... I might jump.
No kidding.  We're looking to be the 2008 version of the 2007 Mets...not quite as big of a collapse, but still one that should never happen.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #994 on: September 12, 2008, 01:20:53 PM »
No kidding

🏀

• All American
« Reply #995 on: September 12, 2008, 01:22:11 PM »
Check out my signature.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #996 on: September 12, 2008, 01:44:30 PM »
Check out my signature.
Never seen that card in a deck before... ;).  But yup, the division is on lockdown...now if the Brewers hadn't been TERRIBLE for all of September it might be a different story...but of course not.  By the way, Ned Yost doesn't look at the standings and only knows that the Wild Card is "very bunched up" but doesn't know who's behind them.  Great manager...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #997 on: September 12, 2008, 01:47:22 PM »
Are you kidding about Yost wadesworld?

You've never seen that card in the deck because the Brewers have never been looking at the magic number for the NL Central before.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #998 on: September 12, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »
Are you kidding about Yost wadesworld?

You've never seen that card in the deck because the Brewers have never been looking at the magic number for the NL Central before.
Oh they do make 11 cards?  Weird.  And no, I'm not kidding.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #999 on: September 12, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why would the Cubs and Astros play in such a dump as Miller Park?  I mean, that roof that keeps the bad weather out is so terrible and retractable roofs have gone down the dump, there are rust stains, etc.  Such a bad park, why play in there unless the Brewers are playing?  Why not play in somebody else's ballpark?  I haven't seen 2 teams play in neither of the teams' park OTHER THAN Miller Park in the last 2 years, and this is twice now.  WEIRD!