[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461471 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #525 on: July 25, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
I had heard that the Cubs had a minor-league equivalent of Len Kasper, Marquette and all, nice.

I had heard those Halladay rumors, but thought they were shot down as the Jays plan on moving him in the offseason.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #526 on: July 25, 2008, 11:22:55 AM »
Yep, that's definitely relevant to the divisional race.

Thanks '94 for your insight...clearly you need some help in the definition of what a "pissing match" debate is

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pissing+match

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #527 on: July 25, 2008, 11:37:12 AM »
And for the record, I like that both Chicago managers have that fire, it's good for a baseball team.

Agreed....having Lou and Ozzie in town has made baseball a lot fun to follow in Chicago.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #528 on: July 25, 2008, 11:41:36 AM »
I like Lou's fire but better yet, I like Lou's senior moments.  Any press conference after the game, he's always searching for a word, or asking what happened.  Funny guy!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #529 on: July 25, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
Thanks '94 for your insight...clearly you need some help in the definition of what a "pissing match" debate is

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pissing+match

You're welcome, reinko, always happy to help out a fellow MU fan.  I thought you could use some help staying on track.  Not sure a brawl involving one of the Cubs Class A affiliates has a connection to this "pissing match."  I heard someone got food poisoning at the Friday's at Miller Park during the last homestand.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/jul/13/chattanooga-lookouts-fight-way-victory/?sports
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 11:56:03 AM by MarquetteFan94 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2008, 12:33:20 PM »
You're welcome, reinko, always happy to help out a fellow MU fan.  I thought you could use some help staying on track.  Not sure a brawl involving one of the Cubs Class A affiliates has a connection to this "pissing match."  I heard someone got food poisoning at the Friday's at Miller Park during the last homestand.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/jul/13/chattanooga-lookouts-fight-way-victory/?sports
A lot of discussion earlier had been about the Brewers having brought up their talent through their farm system and arguing who's farm system is better, so I don't see why bringing that fight up is off topic...it's part of the Cubs organization, right?  By the way, that pitcher throwing the ball towards the other team's dugout, pretty Bush League.  Maybe he'll get out of jail soon...

As for the article in the Onion, it was funny at first, but after the thousandth story/joke about Prince's weight, it gets a little old.  Not to mention, he's a vegetarian, so I doubt he imagines CC as a hot dog...
Call me crazy, but I'd be willing to bet these aren't the only 2 overweight players in the MLB.

Also, whoever was raving about how the Cubs weren't putting Wood on the DL after all...you're wrong (not that that's surprising knowing it's Kerry Wood).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »
Whatever happened to the guy that was arrested for urinating while waiting in line to get into Friday's?

CC and Prince have to be in the top 5 for fattest.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #532 on: July 25, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
and you'd be happy to have either of them on your team.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #533 on: July 25, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
and you'd be happy to have either of them on your team.

CC, yes. Not Prince.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #534 on: July 25, 2008, 01:07:38 PM »
Whatever happened to the guy that was arrested for urinating while waiting in line to get into Friday's?

CC and Prince have to be in the top 5 for fattest.
I'm not even sure about that.  Prince is probably up there, but while CC is overweight for sure, he's not HUGE considering he's 6'7".
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #535 on: July 25, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »
I'm not even sure about that.  Prince is probably up there, but while CC is overweight for sure, he's not HUGE considering he's 6'7".

I miss Ray King. He would have fit in well with CC and Prince. Plus the Brewers could always use another good lefty in the bullpen. If CC is the chili dog and Prince is the hamburger, what would that make King? A bucket of ribs or wings?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #536 on: July 25, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »

Really?

I miss Ray King. He would have fit in well with CC and Prince. Plus the Brewers could always use another good lefty in the bullpen. If CC is the chili dog and Prince is the hamburger, what would that make King? A bucket of ribs or wings?

Ray King dropped a ton of weight this offseason. http://www.nationalsenquirer.com/2008/02/king-sized-weig.html

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #537 on: July 25, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »
Really?

Ray King dropped a ton of weight this offseason. http://www.nationalsenquirer.com/2008/02/king-sized-weig.html
You're really going to base it off of one picture from when he was on the Indians?  Brad Eldred, David Wells, David Ortiz, Bob Wickman, Jonathan Broxton, Antonio Alfonseca, Dmitri Young, Walter Young, David Wells, Frank Thomas, Ramon Hernandez, Bartolo Colon, Sidney Ponson, Bobby Jenks, Toby Hall, Billy Butler, Dennys Reyes, Marlon Byrd, Willy Mo Pena, Joe Blanton, Runelvys Hernandez, Matt Capps, Yhency Brazoban, Tyler Walker, and Yusmeiro Petit are all as big as CC is (might not be as heavy but also aren't 6'7").

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #538 on: July 26, 2008, 04:07:27 PM »
It's been too quiet on here today so...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2008, 11:13:44 PM »
I heard that Rich Harden wants to be back in Oakland with the lack of run support he receives in Chicago, he's worried he'll never record a win with the Cubs...that's saying something when you get more run support in Oakland.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:18:45 PM by wadesworld »

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
Looks like we have a 1st place tie! It's gonna be a hell of a battle for the rest of the season. GO BREWERS!!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2008, 09:39:21 AM »
Picking up Harden is still a good acquisition but the guy definitely is not an innings eater.  He's got electric stuff, and he's obviously shown that as a Cub, but his starts tax the bullpen and gives the other team a good chance to pick up the win when they are able to face relievers that early in games.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #542 on: July 27, 2008, 12:52:43 PM »
Picking up Harden is still a good acquisition but the guy definitely is not an innings eater.  He's got electric stuff, and he's obviously shown that as a Cub, but his starts tax the bullpen and gives the other team a good chance to pick up the win when they are able to face relievers that early in games.
Oh yeah the pickup was great for them, definitely not saying Harden is bad, just having a little fun since he can't get out of a 6th inning and can't pick up a win.  He was the 2nd best pitcher on the market, and since the best was traded to the Brewers they got the best of what was left (and sorry but anyone who claims Harden is better than Sabathia is a fool).  LET'S GO CREW!  I'm getting kicked out of Monday's game...can't wait.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #543 on: July 27, 2008, 04:34:16 PM »
This just in, Milwaukee will have the first place team. They'll be in the visitor's dugout!

I'll make my prediction. Cubs win 3 of 4. Anyone one else care to make one?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #544 on: July 27, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »
yeah, I predict that they do not bring Suppan back next year and replace Bush with McClung the rest of the way.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #545 on: July 27, 2008, 05:04:26 PM »
This just in, Milwaukee will have the first place team. They'll be in the visitor's dugout!

Damn you're clever.  Milwaukee had a 1st place team in Miller Park today too.

Milwaukee takes 3 of 4.  Cubs can't even beat the Brewers in Wrigley, did you forget that?  2-4 at home against them?  And the Brewers aren't even good on the road!

Sabathia over Lilly, Sheets over Zambrano, Parra over Dumpster, and Harden over Bush (although it'll be a no decision).

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #546 on: July 27, 2008, 05:43:14 PM »
Damn you're clever.  Milwaukee had a 1st place team in Miller Park today too.

Milwaukee takes 3 of 4.  Cubs can't even beat the Brewers in Wrigley, did you forget that?  2-4 at home against them?  And the Brewers aren't even good on the road!

Sabathia over Lilly, Sheets over Zambrano, Parra over Dumpster, and Harden over Bush (although it'll be a no decision).

We were 4-2 in Miller last year, only 5-4 in Wrigley.
2006: 4-3 in Miller, 4-5 in Wrigley.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
We were 4-2 in Miller last year, only 5-4 in Wrigley.
2006: 4-3 in Miller, 4-5 in Wrigley.
Guess we'll see what happens, should be an interesting series.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #548 on: July 27, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »

3 of 4 for the brew crew!!!!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #549 on: July 27, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
In all reality, I see the brew crew winning the first and third game.  Brewers hit lefties well and have CC the first game (brewers).  Sheets and Z will be a battle that I feel the cubs can pull out (cubs).  Parra and dempster could also be a good battle and Parra is pitching really well right now (brewers).  Thursday ill take harden over bush...they have been keeping harden to a low pitch count to save him, keep him off the DL.  I assume if they need him to pitch 100 pitches for this game, they wil let him.

feedback