collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461283 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1475 on: May 15, 2009, 10:57:21 AM »
Just wasted a good ten minutes on this site, and plan to go back.

http://drunkathlete.com/

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1476 on: May 15, 2009, 11:27:43 AM »
More so Ken Macha is a crybaby.  He cried to the media asking Bob Watson to review the play.
OOOOHHHHH so after 3 pages of Braun being the crybaby it is now MACHA who is the crybaby.  I get it now!  A manager questioning a pitch at his best player's head?  NOOOOOO!  OH MY GOSH what a crybaby!

Haha I find any Scrubs fan calling any manager but their own a crybaby an absolute joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX036rh4k2E
What are we, 3?  Didn't get our way so we're going to throw a temper tantrum and kick dirt at the guy who took something away from us?  By the way, when is he going to get a walker to make it out to the mound?  It would make things go much faster.

And the follow up of "Sweet" Lou getting tossed at Wrigley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ots9Z0Y8RZM
REALLY classy, Chicago fans.  Really.  Really commendable.  Just like when they threw things at Braun during a play (in which he got an outfield assist...despite being AWFUL defensively...)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1477 on: May 15, 2009, 01:09:27 PM »
OOOOHHHHH so after 3 pages of Braun being the crybaby it is now MACHA who is the crybaby.  I get it now!  A manager questioning a pitch at his best player's head?  NOOOOOO!  OH MY GOSH what a crybaby!

Haha I find any Scrubs fan calling any manager but their own a crybaby an absolute joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX036rh4k2E
What are we, 3?  Didn't get our way so we're going to throw a temper tantrum and kick dirt at the guy who took something away from us?  By the way, when is he going to get a walker to make it out to the mound?  It would make things go much faster.

And the follow up of "Sweet" Lou getting tossed at Wrigley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ots9Z0Y8RZM
REALLY classy, Chicago fans.  Really.  Really commendable.  Just like when they threw things at Braun during a play (in which he got an outfield assist...despite being AWFUL defensively...)

Do you actually try to make sense when you post? Or are you just SO filled with anger that whatever comes out, comes out?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1478 on: May 15, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »
Do you actually try to make sense when you post? Or are you just SO filled with anger that whatever comes out, comes out?
Please explain what doesn't make sense.  Then I'll be able to answer that question.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1479 on: May 15, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »
Please explain what doesn't make sense.  Then I'll be able to answer that question.

Basically your thoughts and logic in general.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1480 on: May 15, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »
Somebody better inform these ballplayers getting their pick of women that according to marqptm they are actually gay, and apparently, despite what Seinfeld says, there is in fact something wrong with that.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1481 on: May 15, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
marqptm...

I believe what he was getting at is it is foolish for Cub fans to argue about Macha being a crybaby when in fact the Cubs might have the whiniest coach in the league.

I guess he most likely figured that since YOU, as a Cub fan, would have the intelligence and common sense to understand what he was getting at through his rant he calls a post...
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1482 on: May 15, 2009, 01:54:50 PM »
Wasn't Yost ejected more than Lou last year?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1483 on: May 15, 2009, 02:10:50 PM »

Hasn't Lou been ejected more than anyone, ever?

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1484 on: May 15, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
Hasn't Lou been ejected more than anyone, ever?

Way to know your history!  Actually recent history!  Bobby Cox has been thrown out the most in history.  Nice try though Hards, your effort to bring useful knowledge to this conversation was great!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1485 on: May 15, 2009, 02:33:19 PM »
Generally, successful coaches like Lou aren't afraid to get out there and argue a call. Arguing is not the same as whining.

Talking to the press and complaining to the press about a blown call to begin with. That is indeed whining.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1486 on: May 15, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »
Way to know your history!  Actually recent history!  Bobby Cox has been thrown out the most in history.  Nice try though Hards, your effort to bring useful knowledge to this conversation was great!

first, it was a question.

and if he isn't first, he has got to be second.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1487 on: May 15, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »
As of June 23, 2007

1) Bobby Cox 131
2) John McGraw 117
3) Earl Weaver 97
7) Joe Torre 60
8) Lou Pinella 58

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1488 on: May 15, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »
As of June 23, 2007

1) Bobby Cox 131
2) John McGraw 117
3) Earl Weaver 97
7) Joe Torre 60
8) Lou Pinella 58

and if he's not first, he's not even close.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1489 on: May 15, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
Generally, successful coaches like Lou aren't afraid to get out there and argue a call. Arguing is not the same as whining.

Talking to the press and complaining to the press about a blown call to begin with. That is indeed whining.

Because everytime Lou walks out there to "argue"... you have a special microphone to hear exactly what he is saying.  Yup, gotcha.

You don't have a clue what he is saying to an Ump

And yes, chucking dirt onto an umps feet or taking a base is some quality arguing, sure gets your point across in a professional manner.  When Lou goes to argue he puts on a show, hes a clown when he argues.  But don't call it whining... oh no, hes got a giant C on his chest, it can't be whining.

Why is it that everything to you that is related to the Cubs is holier than thou, where anything from Milwaukee is dirt?  Your team hasn't won a title since Roosevelt, Teddy not FDR.  Your team year in and year out overpays to get mediocre results.  When you go to games at Wrigley more than half of the fans are obnoxious, terrible baseball fans.  Old Style is a crapty beer.  You have an outdated falling apart stadium that although is a true classic(I do mean this), it is in some dyer need for repair(I also mean this). 

What the hell makes anything a Cub touch Gold, and anything a Brewer touches piss water in your eyes?

Do I think Brewers are holier than thou?  Hell no, I'll still tell you that I am scared of our rotation, middle of the order (5-8), ability to sustain for a full season.  Do I think Miller Park is the greatest building in the world, hell no!  I recognize the flaws in the system, however also realize that it is nice to go to games there, it is fun, tickets are extremely cheap, and the Sausage Races are a ton of fun (much better than B-List celebrities singing the National Anthem).

The difference between me as a Brewer Fan, and pretty much every Cubs fan I have ever met, which is most likely why the country hates Cubs fans (we lump the Red Sox in here too)... is that you guys think you walk on water, Noah built Wrigley, not the ark, no matter what, if it has a Cubs logo on it, its the best.

Get over it, you guys have to compete with the Milwaukee Brewers, stop throwing us down, we won't go away.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 02:54:49 PM by Mayor McCheese »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1490 on: May 15, 2009, 02:50:18 PM »
and if he's not first, he's not even close.

Easy PTM...he may be up to 60 right now...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1491 on: May 15, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
Because everytime Lou walks out there to "argue"... you have a special microphone to hear exactly what he is saying.  Yup, gotcha.

You don't have a clue what he is saying to an Ump

And yes, chucking dirt onto an umps feet or taking a base is some quality arguing, sure gets your point across in a professional manner.  When Lou goes to argue he puts on a show, hes a clown when he argues.  But don't call it whining... oh no, hes got a giant C on his chest, it can't be whining.

Why is it that everything to you that is related to the Cubs is holier than thou, where anything from Milwaukee is dirt?  Your team hasn't won a title since Roosevelt, Teddy not FDR.  Your team year in and year out overpays to get mediocre results.  When you go to games at Wrigley more than half of the fans are obnoxious, terrible baseball fans.  Old Style is a crapty beer.  You have an outdated falling apart stadium that although is a true classic(I do mean this), it is in some dyer need for repair(I also mean this). 

What the hell makes anything a Cub touch Gold, and anything a Brewer touches piss water in your eyes?

Do I think Brewers are holier than thou?  Hell no, I'll still tell you that I am scared of our rotation, middle of the order (5-8), ability to sustain for a full season.  Do I think Miller Park is the greatest building in the world, hell no!  I recognize the flaws in the system, however also realize that it is nice to go to games there, it is fun, tickets are extremely cheap, and the Sausage Races are a ton of fun (much better than B-List celebrities singing the National Anthem).

The difference between me as a Brewer Fan, and pretty much every Cubs fan I have ever met, which is most likely why the country hates Cubs fans (we lump the Red Sox in here too)... is that you guys think you walk on water, Noah built Wrigley, not the ark, no matter what, if it has a Cubs logo on it, its the best.

Get over it, you guys have to compete with the Milwaukee Brewers, stop throwing us down, we won't go away.

I love these long rants. So good.

Let me know the next time Lou has to sit down with the media and whine about having a player thrown at. It won't happen, you take care of it yourself, not with the media.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #1492 on: May 15, 2009, 03:19:37 PM »

Let me know the next time Lou has to sit down with the media and whine about having a player thrown at. It won't happen, you take care of it yourself, not with the media.

I'm proud of your ability to address the first two sentences of his post and completely ignore the rest, which paints a pretty real picture of Cubs fans' sense of entitlement despite the fact that you've been perennial losers come playoff time since your parent's parents were supporting the Cubbies.

I realize we haven't won a World Series yet, but heck, we've been here for 39 years.  At least let us get within 5 decades of your legendary ineptitude before you start comparing yours to ours. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1493 on: May 15, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »

so kicking dirt, and throwing bases isn't whining, but talking to the media about pitchers throwing at his all star is.

awesome world you must live in that you can tailor definitions to fit your argument, even though they make zero sense.

as for Lou getting thrown out, I was wrong, I'll admit it... clearly I thought it was more, and I was wrong.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1494 on: May 15, 2009, 03:40:44 PM »
As far as the cubs go...lou has kicked a hat!

If you would like to yell about Lou throwing bases, please take that to the Seattle Mariners Texas Rangers pissing match.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1495 on: May 15, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »
As far as the cubs go...lou has kicked a hat!

If you would like to yell about Lou throwing bases, please take that to the Seattle Mariners Texas Rangers pissing match.
Haha so...what your current manager did in his previous jobs doesn't matter, yet what the Brewers former manager, who is in no way affiliated with the Milwaukee Brewers at this time, did counts against the Brewers?  Your arguments are a joke!

Let me know next time Macha throws a temper tantrum and kicks dirt at an umpire like a kid during his terrible 2s.  It won't happen.  But no, that's not whining, that's professionally arguing a call.

LET'S GET REAL HERE!  IF IT APPLIES TO 1 SIDE IT APPLIES TO BOTH!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:27:26 PM by wadesworld »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1496 on: May 15, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »

rob or ptm?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1497 on: May 15, 2009, 07:43:18 PM »
NavinRJohnson?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8yilHiWHJ_I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8yilHiWHJ_I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1498 on: May 15, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »
NavinRJohnson?

I don't get it. Is Miller Park known as a popular place for stacking cups on a guys head, much the way Wrigley Field is recognized as a popular spot for shirtless, chest shaving, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy chanting,  Cubbbbbbbiiieees yelling, backward hat, mardi gras bead wearing douche bags?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1499 on: May 15, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
Riggghhhhttt because the Brewers don't have grown men fans who wear Burger Kung crowns on their heads.  And then there was the Buckethead Brigade. 

It's dumb to bring fans into it because both teams have dumbass fans.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:38:48 PM by TallTitan34 »

feedback