collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461278 times)

robmufan

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1450 on: May 14, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »
OMG is that soriano with a girl?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1451 on: May 14, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
I didn't realize Braun was the founder of this Remetee brand of Affliction.

This shirt looks awful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1452 on: May 14, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »
wadesworld, how are you playing? That isn't very insulting to Soriano.

However, this is hilarious.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1453 on: May 14, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »
wadesworld, how are you playing? That isn't very insulting to Soriano.

However, this is hilarious.

It isn't?  I'd rather have my all-star in a weird picture advertising his own shirt (which, by the way, is the norm in Southern California if you haven't been down there, so really to a lot of people it's not that hilarious...I agree it's weird though, not my type of clothing, but where he's from almost everyone wears it) then having my all-star with 2 middle fingers in the air and with a girl all over him while he's in a beater and clearly drunk.  I understand they have a life outside of baseball too, he's not the only one who has been seen in public drinking, kissing girls, etc., but I'd rather have my all-star advertising a shirt than flipping the bird.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1454 on: May 14, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »
It isn't?  I'd rather have my all-star in a weird picture advertising his own shirt (which, by the way, is the norm in Southern California if you haven't been down there, so really to a lot of people it's not that hilarious...I agree it's weird though, not my type of clothing, but where he's from almost everyone wears it) then having my all-star with 2 middle fingers in the air and with a girl all over him while he's in a beater and clearly drunk.  I understand they have a life outside of baseball too, he's not the only one who has been seen in public drinking, kissing girls, etc., but I'd rather have my all-star advertising a shirt than flipping the bird.

I'd rather have my all-star with a lady, rather then, well modeling clothes and looking like a homosexual.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1455 on: May 14, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »
I'd rather have my all-star with a lady, rather then, well modeling clothes and looking like a homosexual.
Haha well hat all-star who is "modeling clothes and looking like a homosexual" has a much, MUCH better looking girl than the 1 who looks pretty classless.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1456 on: May 14, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
This is probably the greatest article ever on Ryan Braun!

http://hirejimessian.com/2009/05/14/ryan-braun-is-a-tw/

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #1457 on: May 14, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

How the hell does that make him look gay? Really?
But I like to throw handfuls...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1458 on: May 14, 2009, 06:22:29 PM »
Soriano's not the only one getting the ladies....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1459 on: May 14, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »

Seriously?  Still this?  Wouldn't it just be way too convenient that Dumpster just happened to let one slip away from him on the one guy that the Scrubbies can't stand in a game that the Brewers are already up by 3?

Not to mention, yet again, would an umpire REALLY mistake the sound of a baseball hitting a helmet and the sound of a baseball hitting a bat?  Yes, it hit the bat, but who has ever said it can't hit the helmet and ricochet to hit the bat?  I find it hard to believe that the umpire would award him first base if he didn't hear the ball hit the helmet.  I would put $100 on the fact that an MLB home plate umpire knows the sound of a baseball hitting a bat, and that he knows it's not the same as a baseball hitting a baseball helmet.  Not to mention, why did the Scrubs not complain about the call if it wasn't the right call?  You REALLY think Lou Piniella would just give somebody first base if he thought it should just be a strike?

And yet again, is Ryan Braun really the only person who would complain after a ball came at his head?  Seriously?  How many brawls have there been because players have a ball thrown FAR over their head?  I provided 2 examples earlier.  I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how this makes Ryan Braun a crybaby but not others.  Seriously please explain yourself.  Hell Derrick Lee had some words for Chris Young after he threw at him, which started a brawl between the Scrubs and Padres.  Is he a crybaby?  Please answer me this.

You all are obsessed.  I know, he kills you so you look for any bad thing about him.  I get it.  Move on.

LON

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: May 14, 2009, 06:31:24 PM »

So they are an [egregious] play on "Fire Joe Morgan" and aren't nearly as funny...???

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1461 on: May 14, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
Seriously?  Still this?  Wouldn't it just be way too convenient that Dumpster just happened to let one slip away from him on the one guy that the Scrubbies can't stand in a game that the Brewers are already up by 3?

Not to mention, yet again, would an umpire REALLY mistake the sound of a baseball hitting a helmet and the sound of a baseball hitting a bat?  Yes, it hit the bat, but who has ever said it can't hit the helmet and ricochet to hit the bat?  I find it hard to believe that the umpire would award him first base if he didn't hear the ball hit the helmet.  I would put $100 on the fact that an MLB home plate umpire knows the sound of a baseball hitting a bat, and that he knows it's not the same as a baseball hitting a baseball helmet.  Not to mention, why did the Scrubs not complain about the call if it wasn't the right call?  You REALLY think Lou Piniella would just give somebody first base if he thought it should just be a strike?

OK. Now we can all move on...
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=4165446

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1462 on: May 14, 2009, 09:22:40 PM »
I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how this makes Ryan Braun a crybaby but not others.

More so Ken Macha is a crybaby.  He cried to the media asking Bob Watson to review the play.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #1463 on: May 14, 2009, 09:28:34 PM »

I guess I'd rather have my star be an entrepreneur than a classless, fairy dancing, bird flippin', trashy looking douche chasing tail-let's be generous and call her a 6.8 and with 2>x<5 STDs.
Marquette University, Spring '08

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1464 on: May 14, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »
I love how you are challenging Braun's ability to pick up women when there is speculation that he has been with BOTH Marissa Miller and Erin Andrews.

Soriano can keep that girl that looks like she just stepped off the set of "For the Love of Ray J"...

Plus.  Braun is from So Cal... he went to college at Miami... you didn't expect him to be wearing Ed Hardy type shirts?  Come on, I figured YOU, as a Cub fan, would have more common sense.

And Hell.. Captain Lou is falling behind Mr. Belding, the real middle-age to old-age master of the ladies

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:40:52 PM by Mayor McCheese »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

wadesworld

• All American
Re: The Official Brewers & Scrubs Pissing Match
« Reply #1465 on: May 15, 2009, 12:09:19 AM »
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=4167312

Haha what a joke he is.  His first at bat at Wrigley and he gets suspended!  Not to mention, $30 million for him?! HAHAHAHAHAHA man, people make fun of the Brewers for their signings...the Scrubbies are even worse!

wadesworld

• All American

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1467 on: May 15, 2009, 07:39:34 AM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ted_keith/05/14/power.rankings/index.html

Oops

Cue 94 saying "Congrats Brewer Fans on being the team the higher power rating in mid-May."

Then TT, I am sure with his whiz-kid like photoshop skills will come up with a clever banner.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1468 on: May 15, 2009, 08:03:36 AM »
Cue 94 saying "Congrats Brewer Fans on being the team the higher power rating in mid-May."

Then TT, I am sure with his whiz-kid like photoshop skills will come up with a clever banner.

I'm sure the Brewers were even higher 2 years ago when they were 25-10 at this point, and how did that turn out?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1469 on: May 15, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »
I'm sure the Brewers were even higher 2 years ago when they were 25-10 at this point, and how did that turn out?

about the same as it has for the cubs for the last century.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1470 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »

Homosexual...Definitley the thing that comes to mind where Braun is concerned. Is there an MLB players more popular with the ladies right now?

Somebody seems to like how he dresses...

Pretty bigoted comment I might add. How does a homosexual look?

Strong showing on your part. Really.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:45:59 AM by NavinRJohnson »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1471 on: May 15, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »
How does a homosexual look?

Kinda like this

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1472 on: May 15, 2009, 10:40:47 AM »
it is a well known fact that cubs players would never dress in something like that

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1473 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:07 AM »
Kinda like this

I despise the Cubs and love the Brewers, and had to laugh at that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1474 on: May 15, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
We'd be stylin