Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This whole Judas thing....  (Read 12765 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
This whole Judas thing....
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »
is really giving Mr. Iscariot a bad name.   8-)

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: This whole Judas thing....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:13:25 PM »
+1

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 08:20:35 PM »
I think it's sad.  Anyone who supports it reminds me of a girl who can't stop eating ice cream because of a use a guy she insits she is completely over.   I know fryboy is shaped like said girl  :P

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »
It's funny for a little bit, but after a while it's just sour grapes. Screw that guy. Let's move on. I finally have.
We Are Marquette

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 08:56:11 PM »
Screw Crean... Screw Coach Crean... Screw Tom Crean...

I love it... it's not getting old... it's getting better!!   ;D
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 09:08:04 PM »
I don't like it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »
I think it's sad.  Anyone who supports it reminds me of a girl who can't stop eating ice cream because of a use a guy she insits she is completely over.   I know fryboy is shaped like said girl  :P

Rawdog likes his women nasty and unable to spell.   :-*

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »
It's funny for a little bit, but after a while it's just sour grapes. Screw that guy. Let's move on. I finally have.

Dude.  What's with the avatar?
Ludum habemus.

warthogdriver

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
It's hilarious. Crean is a dick.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 11:16:23 PM »
I think the whole Judas thing is totally lame.  Seriously.  The whole Crean & Treason, Tanning Cream, etc.  All of it.  Lame and tiresome.

Get over it already.  He's gone.  The way he left makes him look like an ass.  We don't need to lower ourselves to that level by dwelling on it like a bunch of babies.  The name calling and all of this crap does nothing but make eveyone that participates in it look like, well, a bunch of whiny little twerps.  Why don't we act like adults instead of name-calling, bitchy little children and get over it?
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

warthogdriver

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 11:57:55 PM »
Actually I think it's a guy thing. It has nothing to do with snivelling or whining. It has everything to do with laughing at a gutless piece of crap.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 12:24:53 AM »
Actually I think it's a guy thing. It has nothing to do with snivelling or whining. It has everything to do with laughing at a gutless piece of crap.

Oh, yeah.  Because i get a hearty man-laugh in every time some script automatically changes cr ean's name.  It's pathetic joyless snivelling

warthogdriver

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 12:49:56 AM »
no, it's taking the piss out of a guy who lacks guts and courage. it's not that he left but how he left. if he handled it like a man i would be ok with it. he didn't. he is a friggin gutless coward. he treated his bosses, his fans, and worst of all his men like crap. in my world we have zero tolerance for cowards. it's all about character and integrity - if you don't have that you can forget about courage. crean's behavior is despicable. he deserves a warrior's scorn.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 01:03:38 AM »
no, it's taking the piss out of a guy who lacks guts and courage. it's not that he left but how he left. if he handled it like a man i would be ok with it. he didn't. he is a friggin gutless coward. he treated his bosses, his fans, and worst of all his men like crap. in my world we have zero tolerance for cowards. it's all about character and integrity - if you don't have that you can forget about courage. Judas's behavior is despicable. he deserves a warrior's scorn.

didn't realize that warrior's scorn = bunch of bitter guys on a chat room having a script replace names.  you win, i'm convinced.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 08:00:52 AM »
didn't realize that warrior's scorn = bunch of bitter guys on a chat room having a script replace names.  you win, i'm convinced.

+1

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 08:01:36 AM »
I jsut htink as Marquette we could be much more creative about the name. Either that or we could build a bridge and get over it.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »
I still am getting a chuckle out of it.  It's fun.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 08:21:18 AM »
Some people hit a punching bag when they're mad. Others meditate. Others still play golf. Whatever gets your anger out, makes you feel fine, doesn't necessarily have to be "constructive".

P.S.- It's funny too.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 08:48:43 AM »
It is funny and I admire the creativity to help with the venting and healing.   Personally, I am 99% over it.   We aren't the first school to have this happen, we won't be the last.    And we aren't the first group to find, once the bloom is off the rose, that the exact same traits that attracted us to somebody in the first place now do nothing but annoy the snot out of us.   It is like a messy divorce.   We are the betrayed.   The time will come to man up, move on, and get out there and see what happens.  It has for me.  In the mean time, juvenile pranks rock!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 08:51:48 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 09:06:15 AM »
There's a fundamental difference between hitting a punching bag or playing golf or meditating and dwelling on something that happened two weeks ago and incessantly calling someone names.

The first two things are actual diversions that can be used to divert your attention to peripheral activities.  The latter only serves to dwell on the problem and to deepen frustration and prolong feelings of misery.

It may have been creative and funny for the first couple of days.  But not anymore.

Anyone here who had a personal relationship with our former coach knows what type of person he is.  A man's character is demonstrated by his actions.  With how he conducted himself during his final days here, he took off his used car salesman grin and showed us all what type of unsavory person he is.

Why can't you people just leave it at that?

There is no reason for anyone here to stoop to the level of inane name calling.  It's classless, and we should all be above this sort of thing.  It is of absolutely no benefit to anyone involved with the University in any way whatsoever to prolong this ordeal.  It makes the entire community appear childish.  And the worst part is, no matter how warranted it may be, NO ONE likes to hear anyone whining.  

It does nothing but make everyone involved in the pissing contest look like a bunch of Cryin' Illini fans after Bill Self left.

We're better than that.  I know we are.  I saw it in my time at MU.  Please drop it.  Get over it.  What's done is done, let's lick our wounds and move on amicably like adults.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:07:56 AM by MDMU04 »
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »
Dante puts Judas along with brutus cassius and Lucifer in the lowest level of hell. Cre*n's not that bad

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 09:09:11 AM »
It is funny and I admire the creativity to help with the venting and healing.   Personally, I am 99% over it.   We aren't the first school to have this happen, we won't be the last.    And we aren't the first group to find, once the bloom is off the rose, that the exact same traits that attracted us to somebody in the first place now do nothing but annoy the snot out of us.   It is like a messy divorce.   We are the betrayed.   The time will come to man up, move on, and get out there and see what happens.  It has for me.  In the mean time, juvenile pranks rock!

+1

Tom Crean   :)

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 09:15:06 AM »
Dude.  What's with the avatar?

Funny. I never noticed you used it too. I liked it best out of all the MU logos.
We Are Marquette

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 09:16:52 AM »
There's a fundamental difference between hitting a punching bag or playing golf or meditating and dwelling on something that happened two weeks ago and incessantly calling someone names.

The first two things are actual diversions that can be used to divert your attention to peripheral activities.  The latter only serves to dwell on the problem and to deepen frustration and prolong feelings of misery.

It may have been creative and funny for the first couple of days.  But not anymore.

Anyone here who had a personal relationship with our former coach knows what type of person he is.  A man's character is demonstrated by his actions.  With how he conducted himself during his final days here, he took off his used car salesman grin and showed us all what type of unsavory person he is.

Why can't you people just leave it at that?

There is no reason for anyone here to stoop to the level of inane name calling.  It's classless, and we should all be above this sort of thing.  It is of absolutely no benefit to anyone involved with the University in any way whatsoever to prolong this ordeal.  It makes the entire community appear childish.  And the worst part is, no matter how warranted it may be, NO ONE likes to hear anyone whining. 

It does nothing but make everyone involved in the pissing contest look like a bunch of Cryin' Illini fans after Bill Self left.

We're better than that.  I know we are.  I saw it in my time at MU.  Please drop it.  Get over it.  What's done is done, let's lick our wounds and move on amicably like adults.

blah blah blah...thanks for the sermon.
But I like to throw handfuls...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
Hey MUMD04 and RawdogDX, next time you have some words of wisdom please feel free to use this...