[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Re: Good Recruiting News...  (Read 9534 times)

butchbadger

• Starter
Re: Good Recruiting News...
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »
Name calling...with grammar that would get my 4th grader in trouble.  ::) Not the best way to discuss anything.  And you made fun of my school?

Sorry I didn't approach it in a manner to your liking.  I simply stated something that your ex coach did. Speculation if you wish, but nothing more than has speculated about him, or Bo, or anything on a message board.  Why would I be the first person ever to give my source on a message board?

Yet I was jumped all over and told to prove it.  Laughable. 

"Hey, i haven't posted here before but i have a lot of connections with both madison and mu and i've heard from several people who i consider reliable that Cread did ..."   Like that would've made a difference to the "I still don't want to hear anything bad about TC even though he effed us" crowd.   I am sure a lot of people here know me from the MU Scout Board and know I just don't throw sh@t out there.

I am sure the Novak's would be thrilled to be dragged into this.  Public figures that they are and all. :'(

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:37:17 PM by butchbadger »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »

I am sure the Novak's would be thrilled to be dragged into this.  Public figures that they are ans all. :'(

:-*

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

Yet I was jumped all over and told to prove it.  Laughable. 

[  Like that would've made a difference to the "I still don't want to hear anything bad about TC even" crowd. 

yes the fact that someone said 'proof?' and you think that constitues being 'jumped on' is laughable.

ANd yes it would have made a huge difference.  If you read this board on a regular basis you'd know that crowd is bearly present on this board.  There were at least a half dozen threads saying he was a jerk, traitor, pretty boy, liar so get past it.  It was a simple question grow up and stop crying that we didn't all realize you were intimatly involved with higher ups and go golfing with athletic directors.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 10:08:36 PM »
Guys, its a message board. Let's just let this go. It's been days now and I still keep seeing Butch hammered on for not providing "proof" to a rumor/story he supposedly knows of. Can we all please move on?

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2008, 07:36:08 AM »
please delete

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
I don't intentionally mean to join the fray, but if butchbadger is going to get on someone about "grammar," perhaps he should double and triple check his own writings.

It is just an idea for butchbadger to consider.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 08:47:02 AM »
yet another reason for the invention of the ignore button...

thanks mods!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »
Pretty simple Butch, if you're going to accuse a coach of NCAA violations on a board, well you better back it up.  And "someone that would know" isn't going to cut it.

We expect a bit more then that.  You started this crap and you have yet to provide one semblance of anything credible to back it up.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
Name calling...with grammar that would get my 4th grader in trouble.  ::) Not the best way to discuss anything. 

I am sure the Novak's would be thrilled to be dragged into this.  Public figures that they are and all.

More than just the Novaks, and you being so connected and all should know that.   ::)

This is still my favorite from that classy coach of yours during Luke Homan's funeral, to have the f'ing audacity to even bring this up....especially in light of him ripping on Pearl for making it all about him, what does Bo think he is doing with these comments?  What a jag.  No wonder the Bennetts absolutly despise Ryan.  No wonder.

Ryan said that several people called to tell him that Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl had a stretch limousine waiting to pick him up after he attended the recent funeral for former UWM and UW-La Crosse basketball player Luke Homan. Pearl coached Homan when they were both at Milwaukee.

"That's how he was picked up at the funeral. You wouldn't believe the number of people who said, 'How in the heck could he have the audacity to make it a spectacle about himself?' " Ryan said incredulously.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »
I don't know where that came from, but I must say I have to agree.  A horrible tragedy is no time to act like the big shot.  Low key would've have been a lot appropriate IMHO.  Pearl loves to draw attention to himself and that would've been neither the time nor the place.  Rent a car. 

I like Bruce and he is a nice guy, but I also just heard a story about him and an uncommitted player at the McD's game that would make everyone here sick. He landed the guy too.  I have major reservations about the program he is running.   Of course since I don't have recorded audio or video of the story I won't post it here.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
I don't know where that came from, but I must say I have to agree.  A horrible tragedy is no time to act like the big shot.  Low key would've have been a lot appropriate IMHO.  Pearl loves to draw attention to himself and that would've been neither the time nor the place.  Rent a car. 

I like Bruce and he is a nice guy, but I also just heard a story about him and an uncommitted player at the McD's game that would make everyone here sick. He landed the guy too.  I have major reservations about the program he is running.   Of course since I don't have recorded audio or video of the story I won't post it here.

And a horrible tragedy is no place to compound a bad act of renting a limo by making it a bigger issue in the papers as Ryan did....douchbaggery by both of them.  No wonder the Bennets despise Ryan.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
Yep..he probably should've kept quiet.  Do you have a link to the newspaper article?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »
Yep..he probably should've kept quiet.  Do you have a link to the newspaper article?

It's on Big Ten Wonk....fortunately they captured the article because later it was deleted off of www.madison.com (hmmm...I wonder why   ::)  )

http://bigtenwonk.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

Also coverage on other Wisconsin related boards (UWM, etc) before someone decided it made Pearl and Ryan look like a-holes and they took it down

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2008, 12:35:10 PM »
Any vote for a lock on this bad boy since it's deviated from Recruiting News to a Bo Ryan thread?
SS Marquette

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
Any vote for a lock on this bad boy since it's deviated from Recruiting News to a Bo Ryan thread?

agreed.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »
Please God
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »
Split off from the main topic, and locked. 

Good call - I just wasted a few minutes of my life rading the whole thing. 

Original topic here:
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=8616.0