[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Be ready for some people to move on  (Read 11742 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Be ready for some people to move on
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 08:41:01 AM »
wow i got banned from the scout board for posting that this is a possibility.

and by the way, hazels facebooks seems to indicate hes "on his way out"

Consider the banning as a badge of honor. That board is a ridiculus joke if you are one who thinks for themselves.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:49:08 AM by mu_hilltopper »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »
I can't say losing Scottie C would be a shock, or a tremendous loss. He's slow, has a slow release, and will get killed in the Big East. Hazel I never saw enough of to know, but for "continuity" sake, I'd like him to stay, especially since we'll have nobody else to throw on the floor.

Anyone been tracking any other teams' top flight recruits that aren't going to honor their commitments due to the coaching carousel? What about IU's guys? WKU's? Any other teams' Ty Taylor's out there?

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »
Devin Ebanks is leaving IU, a 5 star recruit according to scout.com.... also the #4 SF recruit... lets pull him in... wishful thinking.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 10:49:14 AM »
Seems to me that Mbakwe (home issues) and SC (rumors of a D2 school) would have left regardless of TC leaving.  If so, it's another swing and miss recruiting class for TC.

When TC put it together, he was great...but when he missed his missed big.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »

Anyone been tracking any other teams' top flight recruits that aren't going to honor their commitments due to the coaching carousel? What about IU's guys? WKU's? Any other teams' Ty Taylor's out there?

I remember when KO was hired we gained 3 transers instantly (Zulauf, Curry and Stewart).  This situation is a bit different.  I wouldn't think we'd get any transfers in this case. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
Seems to me that Mbakwe (home issues) and SC (rumors of a D2 school) would have left regardless of TC leaving.  If so, it's another swing and miss recruiting class for TC.

In fairness, I don't think you can blame Crean or call Mbakwe a bad recruit if his transfer really is the result of family issues. That, it would seem, isn't something you can predict.

As for Christopherson, when he committed to Marquette as a sophomore he was a rated as a 5-star recruit and considered on of the top 25-50 players in his class. Obviously a lot of players passed him by after that, but that's the risk you take when you accept a verbal that early in the process.

superfan1387

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
and by the way, hazels facebooks seems to indicate hes "on his way out"
[/quote]

after i read that i went to hazels facebook and started laughing when i read his status. what an interesting way to announce it to the world.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »
so the continuity argument is crap, maybe the administration hired Buzz for something they saw in his ability to coach, recruit and to be the representative iof Marquette basketball...

maybe they just liked what he brought to the table (over the other candidates) or his future potential

So, you find no problem in you (and other ardent Buzz supporters) trumping continuity as a great selling point for a Buzz hire and then now accepting that the continuity argument is crap?

Ability to coach? How much can you glean from a 14-17 season at UNO?

Recruit? Williams signed two role players for Marquette.

Representative for MU ball? I'll give you that. Williams seems to be very genuine. I'm not sure how long it will take for the  :'(  up in press conferences after the game to get old or how long it will take for people to wrap their head around the Jesuit school in Milwaukee, Wisconsin hiring a coach who says "progrum" but he does seem to be a nice guy.

As a final note, I appreciate that you responded to me without calling me an idiot or whiny or saying that you're amazed at the stupidity of MU fans.

jce

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2008, 11:44:03 AM »

In fairness, I don't think you can blame Crean or call Mbakwe a bad recruit if his transfer really is the result of family issues. That, it would seem, isn't something you can predict.

As for Christopherson, when he committed to Marquette as a sophomore he was a rated as a 5-star recruit and considered on of the top 25-50 players in his class. Obviously a lot of players passed him by after that, but that's the risk you take when you accept a verbal that early in the process.

The other issue with SC is that when he committed, he was playing at a little dinky school.  (Melrose-Mindoro)  He tranfered to Aquinas after that, and while very good, I think it became clear that against better competition he probably should have been slated a D2 prospect to start with.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »

The other issue with SC is that when he committed, he was playing at a little dinky school.  (Melrose-Mindoro)  He tranfered to Aquinas after that, and while very good, I think it became clear that against better competition he probably should have been slated a D2 prospect to start with.

SC played great in one summer of AAU tournaments, he was legitmately at that time a top prospect. He then committed to Marquette, dropped off the Playground Warriors (Good AAU), and joined his YMCA AAU team.

Seems like SC might not be up to the challenge of competition if he keeps on dropping his level of play.

Hopefully, he'll transfer to Winona.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »
actually, I was thinking Carthage. Other than the one shot against Cincy, he did not look like a Big East player for one second.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2008, 03:04:41 PM »
actually, I was thinking Carthage. Other than the one shot against Cincy, he did not look like a Big East player for one second.

Carthage wouldn't be a bad fit, but Winona would be close to home. And I hear they are pretty good.