Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mbakwe  (Read 10271 times)

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
Mbakwe
« on: April 08, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »
Has it been confirmed that Mbakwe is 100% sure he's transferring, or would the Williams hire potentially change his stance?  I know family reasons have been cited, I just want to know if there is any chance he'll stay?  He could be huge for us next year and I'd hate to see him go.
"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
Re: Mbakwe
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:30:07 PM »
Nothing's been confirmed, so we'll have to see how it plays out.

If it is family concerns that make him transfer, that's understandable, and I wish him all the best. If possible, I'd love to see him in an MU uniform next year.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
I read in either the Minneapolis or Saint Paul paper that he is considering the gophers, but that they will have to compete with Majerus and SLU for him.  They did not mention anything about family problems in the story.  I think it was one of the two sports gossip hacks they have here.

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 01:36:24 PM »
I read in either the Minneapolis or Saint Paul paper that he is considering the gophers, but that they will have to compete with Majerus and SLU for him.  They did not mention anything about family problems in the story.  I think it was one of the two sports gossip hacks they have here.
I need to study up on my geography. I always thought Milwaukee was closer to Minneapolis than St. Louis was.  >:(

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »
He had told the coaching staff he was leaving weeks ago. That was major reason why TC allowed him to play.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »
It was the St. Paul hack.

Look for the Gophers to meet next week about Trevor Mbakwe, the 6-8 former St. Bernard's and Henry Sibley basketball star who is expected to transfer from Marquette, where he was a freshman this season. Minnesota might have to compete with St. Louis, coached by Rick Majerus, for Mbakwe.

http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci_8825725?nclick_check=1

dwade3

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »
I don't know where you people get your info...but he's not going anywhere

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »
I just posted where I got it and I followed it up by calling him a hack.  Don't get mad at the messenger.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »
I don't know where you people get your info...but he's not going anywhere

Where do you get your info?  It has been reported that he either is transferring or strongly considering it, and that has not been rebuked by anyone at MU.  I hope he stays, but how do you possibly know something that is contrary to all recent reports?  Please indulge.

MUWarrior06

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
Mbakwe is transfering. For family reasons to the St. Paul area. It seems like it was in place with Crean long ago.

"-- It appears as though freshman forward Trevor Mbakwe is leaning toward transferring following the end of the semester due to family concerns in his hometown of St. Paul, Minn. Apparently this was a situation that has been in place, and coach Tom Crean's departure will have little if anything to do with it."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2008/04/02/a-closer-look-at-the-taylor-case.aspx

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 02:59:35 PM »
I love the way you guys jump to conclusions.  "...it appears as though he is leaning toward transferring..." all of a sudden becomes "he is transferring."

Cracks me up.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »
remember how we were all concerned two months ago about how we were one over the scholarship limit? Now we may wind up three under.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
I love the way you guys (THEGYMBAR and D-Ro) jump to conclusions.  "...it appears as though he is leaning toward transferring..." all of a sudden becomes "he is transferring."

Cracks me up.

The culprits jumping to conclusions.

atticusfinch

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 03:22:27 PM »
Is this the same reporter who said TM wouldn't come to MU and would go to Minnesota, then said he wouldn't pass academically, would go JUCO and then would transfer to Minny? These guys wanted Trevor from day one so I'm not buying anything they say.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 03:25:06 PM »
Same guy.  He used to be a relief pitcher for the Twins.  Now he is a gossip monger that people up here obviously love to read.

p.s.  I am originally from Chicago and live here now.

wheresthecake?

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »
Mbakwe's not transferring, I guarantee it.

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »
Mbakwe's not transferring, I guarantee it.

Sorry. Personal credibility (a la "Trust me") is impossible to use as any sort of proof....unless you're Trevor, I suppose.

How do you know?

dwade3

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »
basically i know that he's not going anywhere because my friend knows him and he said he's not..so...please...indulge!

wheresthecake?

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 03:50:34 PM »
basically i know that he's not going anywhere because my friend knows him and he said he's not..so...please...indulge!
Yep, same for me.  In fact, I heard Trevor doesn't even know where the transfer rumors started.

dwade3

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »
i really think he'd appreciate it if you all stopped talking about this too..the kid's not going anywhere so get otta his business. how would you feel if there were a ton of rumors up online about you?

MUWarrior06

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 04:07:36 PM »
Well I heard from his dog groomers gardener that he's leaving... ::)

I dont know, but if I had to decide, family first always. If there IS a family issue, I expect him to go. I hope not tho

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »
how would you feel if there were a ton of rumors up online about you?

I'd be very angry.
Sincerely,
Richard Gere

Seriously, it would be great news if Trevor is staying. And you can tell him I told you so.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 06:00:47 PM »
i really think he'd appreciate it if you all stopped talking about this too..the kid's not going anywhere so get otta his business. how would you feel if there were a ton of rumors up online about you?

What do you think these forums are for? There was information that Trevor was "thinking" about transferring. MUScoop's whole point is to discuss that information, the source, it's credibility, and the situations surrounding it. That's what these websites are for. If you can't handle that, then don't read it.

I hear the reason Doc Rivers was there was because he's going to be named Buzz's top assistant.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 06:11:07 PM »
if trevor is back, you guys just made my day!  Great news... We need him more than TT or NW.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »
If Trebor is staying and if TT and NW can be converted back, then we've got the oversubscription of scholarship problem again...wouldn't that be nice?  ;)