'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: PROTEST (2008 thread)  (Read 24023 times)

THEGYMBAR

PROTEST (2008 thread)
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:13 PM »
Any true MU cannot accept this. We have watched mistakes made off and on since March 30, 1977. The time is now for MU fans to voice their displeasure. They make stupid decisions because all keep supporting them. A mistake made tomorrow lasts a decade.

Alumni call the school and complain before 2pm.
Students get your butts outside and voice your anger. You will never have greater time in life than supporting your team. DO NOT LET TC or MU ADMINSTRATION take that away from you.

I am serious on this. We sat back and watched other mistakes and lived with them for years. Lets stop this from happening.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:44:52 AM by mu_hilltopper »

GuyIncognito

• Starter
Re: PROTEST
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »
It doesn't matter how many people complain. We're not gonna flip flop like we did with the name change and fire Buzz next week. We're screwed for one season at the very least.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:33:48 PM by incognit0 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
Yeah, right. Marquette students are far to apathetic to do anything.

MUinOH

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:32:56 PM »
Yeah!!!  Is the Olympic Torch relay coming through Milwaukee?  Protest that too!    

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »
How is everybody so convinced he is going to suck?

Give the guy a chance. 

I hope we have a great season and y'all eat your words

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »
Yeah!!!  Is the Olympic Torch relay coming through Milwaukee?  Protest that too!   

Like the Olympics care about Milwaukee.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »
There has got to be something better to protest than Buzz Williams taking over at Marquette :-\

mugoose

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:43 PM »
the guy is the best recruiter in the country. i like it.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »
MU fans----for once stand up for what is right. We are apathic for three decades. We are the laughingstock of NCAA as of 2pm tomorrow. That bothers me, doesn't it you?

UWM would not hire Buzz if they had an opening and we do.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »
the guy is the best recruiter in the country. i like it.

Questionable but even still that's as an Assistant Coach.

There's a lot to being a Head Coach and this guy can't be out on the road recruiting all the time. He's gotta handle the crap left at home and we have no idea if he can do that.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »
Thankfully I have nothing better to protest in my life. But with that said, I do not want to wait 20y and five coaches to be competitive again. MU is being laughed at around the country. If Buzz fails youn tell me who wants to come here in four years.

Tell the school they made a mistake before they make the mistake. I believe they got cold feet about this hire and held it off from the weekend. They did so because they were afraid of backlash.

Let's give them backlash and give it to them quickly.

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
Thankfully I have nothing better to protest in my life. But with that said, I do not want to wait 20y and five coaches to be competitive again. MU is being laughed at around the country. If Buzz fails youn tell me who wants to come here in four years.

Okay, WHO is laughing at MU? give some proof. i don't think anybody else cares about our HC vacancy...that's the problem!

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 09:14:59 PM »
BS---trust me we are being laughed at. Only a true fan could feel stung right now and understand what a complete embarrassment this is to the school.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 09:15:20 PM »

Tell the school they made a mistake before they make the mistake. I believe they got cold feet about this hire and held it off from the weekend. They did so because they were afraid of backlash.

Let's give them backlash and give it to them quickly.

nothing better to protest??  ::)

Go Warriors!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »
BS---trust me we are being laughed at. Only a true fan could feel stung right now and understand what a complete embarrassment this is to the school.

I guess we should just take your word for it, huh?

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 09:20:51 PM »

Sooooo we just trust the guy with like 10 posts who just spouts off emotion not backed up by ANY proof whatsoever?

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »
If you can think of nothing better to protest you're the most selfcentered person on the face of this earth..... :'(

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 10:16:26 PM »
If you can think of nothing better to protest you're the most selfcentered person on the face of this earth..... :'(

+1.

There has to be SOMETHING in the word more worthy of a protest than the MU hoops coach.

I LOVE MU hoops... but get a grip dude(s).

BrandonA

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:07 PM »

So the people on MU Scoop with hundreds of posts and glass is half full view are not true fans?

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »
get a grip GYMBAR - you don't know squat about Williams or the process used to hire him.   Support your school & new coach, quit being a di&Khead... 

MUteamball98

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
Is thegymbar actually frank the tank?  will you be streaking through the 2pm conference tomorrow?  don't get me wrong, i really do appreciate your enthusiasm, but this is getting comical. 

i am a bit bummed, as the bennett rumors were getting me excited, but I will support buzz and hope he does well.  all of my disappointment however has subsided to lots of smiles as I have read this board and have seen some of these posts.  as they say, priceless

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 06:35:58 AM »
The responses to my post is exactly why MU made the choice. Nobody really does care. MU knows there will be suckers in the stands watching us play Sacramento  State or UW Whitewater. Cry, cry, cry on here....then accept it. Look in the mirror and you'll know why we got Buzzed.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 07:11:39 AM »
Why protest?  So we can go hire one of the dozen or so big time coaches that were banging down our doors for the position?  Get a grip people.  While buzz isn't the sexy name everyone was hoping for at least give him a uear or two before you all chastize him. 

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »
Two ways you could be a Buzz supporter:

#1 You are TC croonie and you love being on the inside of program.
#2 You know NOTHING about college basketball.

I promise you no one is more surprised by this hiring more than Buz himself. Two weeks ago his name did not come up for ANY job.

Get a grip? I have spent a ton of money supporting following MU ball and now have a son attending there. Been a fan since Al and supported every lame decision. Not anymore.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 07:18:06 AM »
How long would this protest last if he actually turns out to be good?

I would bet, not very long.

feedback